Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Handle Bar Grip Replacements

I have a 2013 RT Limited. I would like to install a different set of grips. I need to know what diameter / size are needed, and how to install them. If anyone has changed there original set out, where did you purchase yours. I am looking for something different than the OEM from BPR. Thanks for any information that you can provide, Dave.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I'm a super fan of grip puppies (there are other similar products)...they are foam sleeves that are installed over the stock grips...work well and much less hassle than replacing the grips themselves

if you have heated grips, I would be afraid of damaging them removing the stock grips

http://smile.amazon.com/Sportouring-...s=grip+puppies
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

I tried Grip Buddies last year and they work great. They have firm yet comfortable feel that keep your hands from cramping or getting numb and they transfer heat well.
    2013 RT-S SE5

Custom Dynamics high mount brake light
    LED rear marker lamps
    LED rear facing mirror mounted turn signals
    Homemade bright aluminum barend caps
    Leather mud guards
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Show Chrome Smart Mount backrest
    Dash mounted power point
    Prosport Performance Digital volt gauge and Digital clock
    RAM MOUNT gps mount
    XM Radio
    Leather dash bag
    Grip Buddies

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought the foam grip covers from tricled.com, maybe those are grip buddies as well. Put them on my 2013 RTL, love em. Maybe need to slide new ones on each year but work great.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I bought the foam grip covers from tricled.com, maybe those are grip buddies as well. Put them on my 2013 RTL, love em. Maybe need to slide new ones on each year but work great.
    +1!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Grip Buddies are wraps and do not slip on. The material they are made from is denser than what most people consider foam.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/grip-buddies/review.htm
    Last edited by Bob231; 02-28-2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: added information
    2013 RT-S SE5

Custom Dynamics high mount brake light
    LED rear marker lamps
    LED rear facing mirror mounted turn signals
    Homemade bright aluminum barend caps
    Leather mud guards
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Show Chrome Smart Mount backrest
    Dash mounted power point
    Prosport Performance Digital volt gauge and Digital clock
    RAM MOUNT gps mount
    XM Radio
    Leather dash bag
    Grip Buddies

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ditto for the grip wraps. Work great and much more comfortable when you have big hands.

Spyder Garage

I used tennis racket wrap. It gives you a nice cushiony feel with a bit of tact and it does transfer heat.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Swear by TricLED's foam grips. Had them on my 14 RT and was the first add to my 16 F3-L.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Changing Handle Bar Grips.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-NO-1 View Post
    I have a 2013 RT Limited. I would like to install a different set of grips. I need to know what diameter / size are needed, and how to install them. If anyone has changed there original set out, where did you purchase yours. I am looking for something different than the OEM from BPR. Thanks for any information that you can provide, Dave.
    This is addition information to my own/ original question above. A friend of mine said he used a product called RE Grip. They are a wrap that is installed over the orginal grips. and the price was very good. I have ordered a set which will be installed when they arrive, and I'll put them to use as soon as the weather warms up and the roads are clear of salt and sand.
    The product is dense foam, with no seam (the installation process looks very easy/simple) and its about 2 mm thick.
    They have their own web site, but they do not sell to the public, only dealers. When I spoke to their sales rep. he said the most vendors sell them for $15.99 -$17.99 ea. plus shipping. This is higher than they want them sold for, so he said to look up Summit Racing and they are selling them for his suggested price which is $9.99 ea. plus S&H $5.95. If you are ordering these you need to order TWO (2) I thought this would be another choice for those that want a change from the oem.
    I have installed them they were very easy to intall. For the Spyder you want to order the YELLOW size. Measure the length of your grip I used 4 1/8" cut the Re-Grip to length prior to starting installation ( I used a razor knife and you only cut the foam grip not the plastic under it. You then slide the grip on pull the plastic as shown in the instructions and when the new grip is at starting point where you want it to be, hold there, then continue pulling the plastic out and the you are done. This whole process takes less then ten minutes.
    Last edited by AH-NO-1; 03-16-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Wrong information