Thread: Trailer hitch

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer hitch

How difficult is it to install the trailer hitch? I am fairly mechanical. Does installation require more expertise than simply removing and reinstalling bolts and hooking up the wiring?

Spyder Garage

Post Hitch

I just installed a hitch on my 2012 RTS was easy to put the hitch on. The wiring can be a little harder depending on which you have.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi View Post
    How difficult is it to install the trailer hitch? I am fairly mechanical. Does installation require more expertise than simply removing and reinstalling bolts and hooking up the wiring?

If you have the BRP hitch, it's a very easy install. The actual hitch takes about 20 minutes. The wiring module is plug -n-play once you take the tupperware off. The directions are spot on.

This is on an RT.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree. If it's a BRP hitch, it is a piece of cake. Wiring is a little more involved, but still easily doable.