Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BROUGHT MY NEW 2015 RT-S SM6 HOME TODAY!!!

Finally brought my Spankin New Spyder home today. Pearl White 2015 RT-S SM6. A few first impressions and comments about the ride. I bought it from Honda of Winston-Salem. I didn't want to mention the dealer before now in case I wasn't satisfied with the customer service, and didn't want to bash them just on one experience with them. They came down to my price, and everything was smooth. Got a 3 year BEST warranty also, so I have 5 years of protection. They also included a battery tender and the pigtail was already hooked up and ready to go. A nice touch on their part.

Now to the ride. Very smooth, turns easier than the 2012 RT I previously had. I had to get used to it turning a lot faster than I was used to. Exhaust sounded throatier when first getting moving, but was very quiet otherwise. My wife will like that. Effortless acceleration but I will have to get used to the extra quick upshifting. Seems to coast better, not slowing down as much as the 2012, which I like. I was bringing her home in 15 to 20mph winds and she rode straight and true, which surprised me. I know Bobby the D was contemplating a sway bar purchase, as I was, but my experience today in the wind and behind semi's is that it will probably not be necessary. That opinion may change once I get it out on the twisties. So far, a very happy 1330 owner.

Now to name her. I have got a few choices. White Zombie, Double Stuff, Choppers (think of the color), and my favorite, which is a term of endearment I like to call my wife, The Bitch. Yes that is a loving term, and it is much nicer than her pet name for me, which I can't write on here but rhymes with truckin glassmole.

Whatcha all think?

Please excuse the fact that I haven't changed my signature and profile pic. It won't let me upload the photo, but I can post a photo in this thread. I'll figure it out at some point. It is showing as my profile picture when I go to edit it, but it isn't showing on a post. ????

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 02-26-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Very Nice enjoy
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new toy.
    I bought my 15 LTD from Honda of W/S in December. Great people to deal with, and I had been getting my 2012 serviced there for a couple years with good results.
    My experience with the handling was not as positive as yours seems to be. I installed the BajaRon bar and also rubber spring spacers. It handles almost as good as the 2012, so I won't be doing any more handling enhancements.
    BTW, my wife has the same nickname for me.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

I like Choppers....
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on getting her home!

I'm glad that you're feeling the same way about the RonBar as I am. I'm still torn up over this decision...

Names?
    How about
    "Ahab's Prize"
    "MB" (Moby Dick)
    "Clean Slate"
    "Big-T" (For the Triple)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    on getting her home!

I'm glad that you're feeling the same way about the RonBar as I am. I'm still torn up over this decision...

Names?
    How about
    "Ahab's Prize"
    "MB" (Moby Dick)
    "Clean Slate"
    "Big-T" (For the Triple)
    Actually Bob, Moby Dick was the first name I came up with but since the bike is a "she" that was out. I figure my wife or friends will end up naming her. Thats how the Beast got named. Friend said it must be a beast trying to turn her. I do like Clean Slate though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default The wait is over...

congrats... So call it like it is "The Whale" then it is gender friendly.... how about Cloud 2.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BROUGHT MY NEW 2015 RT-S SM6 HOME TODAY!!!

Congratulations! Pearl white is nice [emoji106]

What about "white ghost"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Thought about White Ghost and the Whale also. Especially since i called these things a whale in response on some other thread. Pale Rider was an early favorite of mine. Getting some good suggestions. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 02-26-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

My blue 2010 Spyder RT is called 'BluSpyderByte'. [I've been bitten and there is no cure"]
    The newer white 2015 RT-S is 'The White One' because I couldn't come up with anything better. Both are registered on the Geocaching.com website with travel bugs so they can be "discovered" by fellow Geocachers.

Spyder Garage

After 3 weeks without a day off, I am finally getting a weekend off. Weather should cooperate and I will get a chance to get some miles in. A couple friends of mine are goin to ride some twisties with me and I can really find out the differences between my old bike and the new 1330. Can't wait.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

​Have fun!!! you are gonna' love it!!!!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I'm jealous we still have 10 to 12 inches of that cold white stuff on the ground. Soooo mine new baby (2015 RT-S) is still in dealer's storage. I set a date for pick up as end of March but I don't think I'll make it that long. While it is there I've had the Tri Axis handle bars and BRP hitch put on. Along with 2 12v aux ports one up front and one on left side of passenger seat. Don't want to do too much more until I see some others add ons at Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

My RTS SM6 was setting about 3 over from that one back in September.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Ghost Rider
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Default A COUPLE MORE OBSERVATIONS

After reading the manual, i was glad to see you dont have to remove any body panels to check the oil. Just raise the seat and there it is on the right side. Also nice to see the gas gauge needle doesnt bounce around.
    My friends have just about convinced me to name the bike Badass. Thats what they all agreed she looks pretty Badass. Here is also a better picture. Really love the way the metallic flakes show up in the sun. Sorry about it being upside down.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations

Congratulations on your new Spyder from the UK.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here: I flipped it over for you. No need in having all of the fuel run out of it!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    I'm jealous we still have 10 to 12 inches of that cold white stuff on the ground. Soooo mine new baby (2015 RT-S) is still in dealer's storage. I set a date for pick up as end of March but I don't think I'll make it that long. While it is there I've had the Tri Axis handle bars and BRP hitch put on. Along with 2 12v aux ports one up front and one on left side of passenger seat. Don't want to do too much more until I see some others add ons at Spyderfest.
    Be sure to look at the hitch plate that goes on the trailer hitch to prevent the rooster tail. From Spyderpops.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Here: I flipped it over for you. No need in having all of the fuel run out of it!

Flipped and reversed it. Thanks Bob. I had just filled the tank too. Now how about making that my profile picture. You get that done and ill name her Clean Slate in your honor. I guess im gonna have to use my laptop for photos from now on. I believe the fruit based technology of my phone wont let me do photos very good.
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 02-27-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Naming the Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Finally brought my Spankin New Spyder home today. Pearl White 2015 RT-S SM6. A few first impressions and comments about the ride. I bought it from Honda of Winston-Salem. I didn't want to mention the dealer before now in case I wasn't satisfied with the customer service, and didn't want to bash them just on one experience with them. They came down to my price, and everything was smooth. Got a 3 year BEST warranty also, so I have 5 years of protection. They also included a battery tender and the pigtail was already hooked up and ready to go. A nice touch on their part.

Now to the ride. Very smooth, turns easier than the 2012 RT I previously had. I had to get used to it turning a lot faster than I was used to. Exhaust sounded throatier when first getting moving, but was very quiet otherwise. My wife will like that. Effortless acceleration but I will have to get used to the extra quick upshifting. Seems to coast better, not slowing down as much as the 2012, which I like. I was bringing her home in 15 to 20mph winds and she rode straight and true, which surprised me. I know Bobby the D was contemplating a sway bar purchase, as I was, but my experience today in the wind and behind semi's is that it will probably not be necessary. That opinion may change once I get it out on the twisties. So far, a very happy 1330 owner.

Now to name her. I have got a few choices. White Zombie, Double Stuff, Choppers (think of the color), and my favorite, which is a term of endearment I like to call my wife, The Bitch. Yes that is a loving term, and it is much nicer than her pet name for me, which I can't write on here but rhymes with truckin glassmole.

Whatcha all think?

Please excuse the fact that I haven't changed my signature and profile pic. It won't let me upload the photo, but I can post a photo in this thread. I'll figure it out at some point. It is showing as my profile picture when I go to edit it, but it isn't showing on a post. ????

We just picked our first Spyder up on Saturday. Glad to hear you are really liking the ride. I'm loving ours already. We had a heck of a time naming our bike too. We finally came up with "Southern Comfort" because we are in Georgia and it's such a comfortable ride. I like "Bitch Too (or Two)".

Spyder Garage

Default Whale of a name

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Thought about White Ghost and the Whale also. Especially since i called these things a whale in response on some other thread. Pale Rider was an early favorite of mine. Getting some good suggestions. Thanks everyone.
    You could call it "Beluga" - that's a white whale