Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry vibration issues

I have a 2013 RT Limited. I experience a lot of vibration at 50-55 mph. Any ideas on how to correct this. I

Spyder Garage

Correct belt adjustment and a belt tensioner. My '13 RTL vibrated like crazy. I installed the SmoothSpyder belt tensioner almost 3 years ago, and it really does a great job of reducing the belt's harmonic vibration. It also makes a big difference as to what gear you are in and what the RPM's are. At 50-55, you should still be in second. The 998's like to be wound up.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 02-25-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    "Champagne Dream"
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

The 998's like 5500 rpms or so for shift point and running. That means no fifth gear until you hit 60 - 65 miles per hour in most cases.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS WORKS

Quote Originally Posted by monasrtlimited View Post
    I have a 2013 RT Limited. I experience a lot of vibration at 50-55 mph. Any ideas on how to correct this. I
    Less belt tension.............see Idaho Mountain Spyders ...Thread........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monasrtlimited View Post
    If you have not had it in to the dealer recently to check the tension that's the first step if the tension is correct then higher RPM's for shift point and don't lugg the engine stay above 5500 rpm for your shift points
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The 998's like 5500 rpms or so for shift point and running. That means no fifth gear until you hit 60 - 65 miles per hour in most cases.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.