Spyder Garage

Cool Glare Prevention for replacement gauges in RT dash

anybody find some kind of cling film to apply to replacement gauges in the RT dash. I went with a Prosport digital clock & voltmeter with a slightly convex curve to the glass. They are very difficult to see in bright sunshine. There are window tint, smartphone & pad screen protectors, and similar products. Anyone find some king of dark, clingy sheet...maybe polarized?
    I don't want to use any kind of physical sunshade on the gauges.

there's a bit of a problem seeing the lcd screen as well.

advice or comment on something proven to work would be appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

I have tried everything you have on your consideration list on the main screen and have not noticed any improvement to speak of.. Frustrating but appears to be what it is....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I know stupid obvious question but I assume you adjusted the contrast and brightness of the LCD? I can usually see it ok in bright Florida sun.

Can't comment on replacement gauges.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I seem to recall somebody playing around with a possible solution for this.
    But it was over a year ago, and I don't think that much was ever reported about it.

I DO remember an experiment with a clear plastic film... (like Saran Wrap...)
    They said that you just laid that over the display, and it helped a fair amount...
    It'd be a cheap experiment; give it a try, and let us know what happens!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RT-S so my gauge configuration will be different than other models. With that said I put a ram mount suction cup on the upper right hand part of the speedometer portion of the screen. That causes the entire LCD screen to run in "night mode" which is much darker. I can't say it is the ultimate solution, but it sure does help to see.

Chris