Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tricled Top brake light

I was thinking of purchasing the Top LED light bar from TricLED but I would like to know what it looks like when off.
    The only pics that I see on their website are with it on in the dark. I would like to know if any of you have a pic of it in the daylight. If yo do please post it and it would be greatly appreciated.

I see post with pics of the custom dynamic third brake light. Does it resemble that?

Thanks
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 02-24-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I put the light on my 2011 and found it does as it is supposed to. My 2015 now has the Custom Dynamics High mounted light and I prefer it. The CD light is a better finished look if you can afford it. Sorry, I thought I would find a pic.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hello, this is Cindy with TricLed. here are the picture I have.. When I'm back at the shop later I can post more close up picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I put the light on my 2011 and found it does as it is supposed to. My 2015 now has the Custom Dynamics High mounted light and I prefer it. The CD light is a better finished look if you can afford it. Sorry, I thought I would find a pic.
    Thanks
    I like the look of the Custom Dynamics, but all of the sites I see say it only fits to the 2012 model. Will that one work on the 2015 RTL, or do you have a place to purchase one for the 2015?

Spyder Garage

I'm exactly in the same place comparing the two. From what I've been able to gather the TricLED one is a typical roll/strip of dense LED for a more solid line effect but it is unfinished (but matches if you have alot of the other LED strips). The Custom Dynamics one is a more finished module that fills in the entire top area there of the trunk and has few LEDS where you see the dotted look.

IMHO the CD one does look more integrated, almost like it should be there from factory. I am leaning toward the CD with the integrated turn signals and modulator.

Big Bike Parts also has one similar to the CD but still prefer the CD http://bigbikeparts.com/templates/pr...#41-172Gallery[pp_gal]/2/

And more opinions... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rd-brake-light

So, I am leaning toward the CD HMT but the TricLED Safety package for the fenders/saddlebags.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    I'm exactly in the same place comparing the two. From what I've been able to gather the TricLED one is a typical roll/strip of dense LED for a more solid line effect but it is unfinished (but matches if you have alot of the other LED strips). The Custom Dynamics one is a more finished module that fills in the entire top area there of the trunk and has few LEDS where you see the dotted look.

IMHO the CD one does look more integrated, almost like it should be there from factory. I am leaning toward the CD with the integrated turn signals and modulator.

Big Bike Parts also has one similar to the CD but still prefer the CD http://bigbikeparts.com/templates/pr...#41-172Gallery[pp_gal]/2/

And more opinions... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rd-brake-light

So, I am leaning toward the CD HMT but the TricLED Safety package for the fenders/saddlebags.
    Thanks
    I saw the Big Bike one, but the amber lights sort of turned me off. No other amber lens on the back of my spyder. I know the turn signals are amber when lit, but they are clear when off. I am thinking the same way you are.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Thanks
    I like the look of the Custom Dynamics, but all of the sites I see say it only fits to the 2012 model. Will that one work on the 2015 RTL, or do you have a place to purchase one for the 2015?
    Hmmm, I thought it was all the same... according to CD site https://www.customdynamics.com/can_a...MT_Brake_Light

it looks like the brake only will work on 10-16 but the brake/turn is only 10-12. I will have to clarify with them. Maybe same reason some of the skidpad lights work thru 16 but ones with turn only till 12. May be an electrical thing?
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    The CD one fits my 2014 RT-S perfectly.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Same--Same

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    The CD one fits my 2014 RT-S perfectly.
    Same bike, Same color,----Same CD high mount brake light. Looks like a factory piece not an add on.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default CD High Mount Brake light

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Same bike, Same color,----Same CD high mount brake light. Looks like a factory piece not an add on.

Kaos
    What he said. Fits perfectly on my 2015 RTL and that thing is BRIGHT!
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Spyder View Post
    What he said. Fits perfectly on my 2015 RTL and that thing is BRIGHT!
    I was just chatting with a rep and he said that the one with the blinkers incorporated into it makes the blinkers on the 14-15 rapid flash.
    I remember Lamont showing how to reset the hyper flash in a video, so I am taking a chance and buying one.

Thanks for all of your help.

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

I have the CD one and added a blinker from Superbrightled.com (LSC-100A: Brake Light Strobe Module) for less than $5. When you apply the brakes the Strobe module rapidly flashes bulbs 4 times for 0.4 seconds, slowly 4 times for 2.6 seconds, and then lights remain on bright until brake pedal is released. Very effective and easy add on.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

I got email reply from CD which said...

Thank you for your interest in Custom Dynamics! Regarding the ’15 RT Limited and it’s fitment with our SPY-RT-HMT vs. SPY-RT-HMT-INT; unfortunately you are correct that the ’15 RT Limited will only have fitment with the SPY-RT-HMT. This is because on the newer models, our Integrated High Mount Brake Light doesn’t fall within the threshold requirements of the bike’s electrical system. Unfortunately, we don’t have a module which would stabilizer the draw from the LEDs with the current pull expected from the socket. I will say that the SPY-RT-HMT does have the option (and fitment on your ’15 RT-Limited) to add with it the RT HMT Brake Light Dual Converter Unit (P/N: SPY-HMT-CVT) which would offer run function in addition to the brake function it already provides.
    Not sure if thats the fast flash issue or something else. I replied to clarify.
    Last edited by SpyderSteveFL; 02-24-2016 at 02:30 PM.

OLD/TRADED

Spyder Garage

I was thinking of purchasing the Top LED light bar from TricLED but I would like to know what it looks like when off.
    The only pics that I see on their website are with it on in the dark. I would like to know if any of you have a pic of it in the daylight. If yo do please post it and it would be greatly appreciated.

I see post with pics of the custom dynamic third brake light. Does it resemble that?

Thanks
    Although TricLED has many nice lights for the Spyder and their customer service is second to none, the best high mount third (HMT) brake light comes from Custom Dynamics! It fits and looks like it's stock. It's by far one of the nicest, most functional mods you can do to your RT.

Just my two cents.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Final answer from CD confirms it should be fine with the cluster recalibration on the '14 up. That's what I am going to do as well (with the modulator).

You are correct that a rapid flash would be present, due to the load imbalance that was previously discussed. Unfortunately there is nothing to fix this issue however, I will also say, there is nothing that would prevent you from installing the integrated option on your bike, other than the rapid flash (no damage caused to bike or product/no limp mode). Because rapid flash isn’t ‘proper function’ we don’t list it as proper fitment on the newer models, however, as long as you’re okay with the rapid flash, you can use the SPY-RT-HMT-INT option.

OLD/TRADED

Spyder Garage

I installed the Custom Dynamics third brake light this weekend, the one that they list as not compatible with my 2015 because of hyper flash.
    After installing and experiencing hyper flash with the blinkers, I followed Lamont's instructional video on hyper flash, and it works. Hyper flash is gone and all works great!

Thanks Lamont for the helpful videos!

Ok, now Bob, how do I rotate the pics on here? It is the right way on my computer, but when I uploaded it turns sideways.

Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Looks good! From the pic it looks like the entire casing is the red plastic. I thought, and description says that is is wrapped in chrome (so the top should be chrome). Is that not the case?

OLD/TRADED

Spyder Garage

Default same question

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    Looks good! From the pic it looks like the entire casing is the red plastic. I thought, and description says that is is wrapped in chrome (so the top should be chrome). Is that not the case?
    Good question.

Spyder Garage

Case is chrome, just lens is red. Hard to take a good pic of chrome inside, sorry. You get the reflection of the dark area of the garage trusses.
    Although entire lens is red, blinkers do come through as amber.

Spyder Garage

Ok cool, can sorta see that now looking very closely. Did you also put in the modulator? Also, which one is that ring around the logo?

OLD/TRADED

Spyder Garage

No modulator yet, might be an add on later. I wanted to make sure everything worked good first.
    No ring, just the reflection of the red lens in the chrome around the emblem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob!

So how do you do it, or if you tell me you will have to kill me?