Spyder Garage

Default Towing an Aspen Ambassador Trailer

I recently purchased an Ambassador trailer. The mirrors on my 2014 RT look straight into the trailer. Has anyone dealt with this issure?? (my RT mirrors are WAY too low and too short to see out past the Ambassador trailer)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bar end mirrors

We're adding bar end mirrors for when we tow. Friend reckons they do the job. A cost effective option. Another I've seen is where a bloke put mirrors such as those made to put on a car when towing, on a long rod, clipped /strapped across the dash. Looked odd but easy to put on and off.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE TOWING THING

Quote Originally Posted by woodster View Post
    I recently purchased an Ambassador trailer. The mirrors on my 2014 RT look straight into the trailer. Has anyone dealt with this issure?? (my RT mirrors are WAY too low and too short to see out past the Ambassador trailer)
    ....There are plenty of optional add-on mirror extensions that people use on their car mirrors which are very similar to the Spyders.......I bought some for my Toyota Tacoma, and I just tried them on my RT and they would work fine.....once the straps are fitted for the RT mirror, the extension can be re-moved by a re-lease lever and then put back on by the same lever........This extension would give another 10 inches on each side......I think I paid $35.00 for the pair.........I can't find the box they came in, and there is no writing on it to say who made it. ( which s*cks ).....but I think I bought from either Amazon or E-bay........Mike

Spyder Garage

Has anybody come up with a way to relocate the stock mirrors. I mostly see my hands,elbows and bars ends in my mirrors. I can't be the only one with this problem can I?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors

Try angling the mirrors out more. If you see your hands, your field of view is straight back. Move the mirror out and down a bit. Honestly, in over 5 years, you are the first on an RT to complain. Try that. Another option is small wide angle mirrors in addition to the stock mirrors. They stick on, and open up the view a bit.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

You do know the mirrors are adjustable, don't you? They're a little hard to adjust, but they do.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default pulling trailer

I pull an Aspen Trailmaster and my wife pulls a custom dog trailer and we can adjust the mirrors out enough to see behind, you may need to just adjust your mirrors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

There was a post late last year someone shared of a RT with extra mirrors on the windshield Looked fairly good. I found these looking for them http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=253&category=61
    Last edited by Bfromla; 02-22-2016 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got a pair of bar end mirrors and modified them for RT handlebars. .
    Last edited by kngfsh27; 02-22-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I faced this exact problem with my 'tent on a trailer'. The folded tent is directly in line with the road right behind me so I could not see cars close behind with the stock mirrors. Here is what I used the last couple of years. The rectangular mirror is bicycle mirror that quit staying in place so I replaced it with a motorcycle/ATV handlebar mount mirror. This is a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe fastened to two C clamps with Plastic Steel. I clamped it to the dash with a bit of sheet metal under the clamp to avoid compressing the dash too much. It has worked somewhat but I'm planning on doing something a little bet better looking and stable. It seems like everything except the stock mirrors has a fair amount of vibration in it. The round mirror works good enough to let me know when there is someone behind me, but it does not give me a clear image because of vibration.

Attached Images Attached Images

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Not alone

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Has anybody come up with a way to relocate the stock mirrors. I mostly see my hands,elbows and bars ends in my mirrors. I can't be the only one with this problem can I?
    I also have complained that the mirrors on RT are TOOO LOW but this forum is enamored of the spyder and do not wish to see or hear about any defects. Kind of like a man in love with a really really ugly woman or vise versa.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post
    I also have complained that the mirrors on RT are TOOO LOW but this forum is enamored of the spyder and do not wish to see or hear about any defects. Kind of like a man in love with a really really ugly woman or vise versa.
    My fix for the mirrors. I just want to see more of what is behind and around me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    No, you're not the only one with this problem. I just never complained about it on this forum. I'm a wide person so I'd like my mirrors to extend farther to the sides. And yes, I know they're adjustable.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's keep that on the down low

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post
    Please don't tell my wife she married an ugly guy.......Ill never find another gal,like her........
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White