Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Is this a decent deal? Newbies buying there first Spyder.

Today we took our first test drives. The first spider RT Limited was a 2012. That was a lot of fun and I was hooked immediately.then we took a test drive on a 2016 spider RT limited. Love the power of the 1330. The wife even took it for a drive and said, "oh yeah, I could do this." And she has never driven a motorcycle before. We like the 1330 as everyone suggested on my other forum topic I posted. But don't want to spend the 2016 prices. The Spyder RT was so comfortable and our big butts fit fine. So we have found a 2014 RT limited in great condition with 8000 miles and 2 years on the warranty left on it. It's on consignment at a can am dealership for $21499. Still have tax, etc to pay. Whatcha think?

UPDATE 2-26-16: Thanks for your input. My husband checked out the bike and said it was very nice and well maintained. So we worked out a deal for under $20,000. It also has a new rear tire. I'll see it for the first time tomorrow when we pick it up provided nothing happens between now and then. I'll keep you posted. Karen
    Last edited by Dave & Karen; 02-26-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Update

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave & Karen View Post
    Today we took our first test drives. The first spider RT Limited was a 2012. That was a lot of fun and I was hooked immediately.then we took a test drive on a 2016 spider RT limited. Love the power of the 1330. The wife even took it for a drive and said, "oh yeah, I could do this." And she has never driven a motorcycle before. We like the 1330 as everyone suggested on my other forum topic I posted. But don't want to spend the 2016 prices. The Spyder RT was so comfortable and our big butts fit fine. So we have found a 2014 RT limited in great condition with 8000 miles and 2 years on the warranty left on it. It's on consignment at a can am dealership for $21499. Still have tax, etc to pay. Whatcha think?
    Offer them $19,500 and slowly work your way up to $20,500.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Offer $18000. If on consignment, someone may just need to be rid of it.

Spyder Garage

Yes start low and work up,I paid 23,000.00 for my 2014 RT LTD in September last year,it was new but a leftover and the dealer thru in some extras.So they are a little high for 8000 miles.

Spyder Garage

I agree. Seems a little bit high. Not sure what the market says right now, but I paid about $26k for my 2014 RTL when it was brand new in 2014. Great byke, but you should be able to get it for under $20K.

2014 RT Limited

BajaRon sway bar, Tri-axis handlebars, shorty AM/FM antenna, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light with flash, Rivco cell phone mount, Utopia backrest w/pouch, Two Brothers exhaust. Lidlox helmet holder, FOBO TPMS, Drink2Go cup holder, WGT LED mirror light strips, Squared Away laser alignment, Kuhmo Solus 175/55 front tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Seems high

I paid about that for my 2014 rt brand new. Are there things that the limited has you are set on getting? I think you could get a 2015 for that kind of money with less or zero miles.

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you both have the sickness now.
    Last edited by Brentc; 02-25-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THAT DEAL

....I would LOOK on E-bay, just to give you an idea of the price possibilities out there..........also the LTD is the top of the line Spyder with a lot of things you might not need ...or want....but have to pay dearly for.....The basic Spyder sold for about $ 8,000 less but was very well equipped....( I bought that one with the semi-auto trans ) and ...good luck................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that the test rides really "Hooked" you both!!
    The price: it's not great... see if you can get them down on it a bit...
    Happy Hunting, and Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Too much money for a 2014. You may decide you don't need to have the Limited. There are great deals out there on 2014 RTS's. You could easily get a 2014 RTS for $2000-$3000 less.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Good info...priced out new 2015

Found 2 new 2015 RT limited at dealers. Incentive right now and both $28000 out the door. Ouch! I think this 2014 has been there a while cuz they just dropped it $1000 (so he says) but we'll start low like you guys say and see what happens and keep our eyes out for something else to come on the market. No big hurry but I'm so excited it's hard to wait now that the weather is getting better and have actually rode one. I can tell its going to be a great summer.

Spyder Garage

Here's a 2015 for $1000 less than your 2014

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-RT-S-...m=331782743428
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Found 2 new 2015 RT limited at dealers. Incentive right now and both $28000 out the door. Ouch! I think this 2014 has been there a while cuz they just dropped it $1000 (so he says) but we'll start low like you guys say and see what happens and keep our eyes out for something else to come on the market. No big hurry but I'm so excited it's hard to wait now that the weather is getting better and have actually rode one. I can tell its going to be a great summer.
    Just remember:
    (Not the GEICO stuff... just the poker stuff!)''

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Here's one for sale here on Spyderlovers in the wanted to sell or buy forum.......

Mine is for sale. I'm in NE PA. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=2014

2014 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE6 - This bike is almost new! Bought this past summer. Only 1,200 miles. Garage kept. This is the 1330 engine with the 6 speed semi-automatic transmission. Cognac color.

Added Spyderpops Bumpskid, driver and passenger drink holder and Ultimate Beadrider Seat covers for both driver and passenger.

Just REDUCED Asking $18,000.

Email or call (570) 510 - 7914.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    Here's one for sale here on Spyderlovers in the wanted to sell or buy forum.......

Mine is for sale. I'm in NE PA. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=2014

2014 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE6 - This bike is almost new! Bought this past summer. Only 1,200 miles. Garage kept. This is the 1330 engine with the 6 speed semi-automatic transmission. Cognac color.

Added Spyderpops Bumpskid, driver and passenger drink holder and Ultimate Beadrider Seat covers for both driver and passenger.

Just REDUCED Asking $18,000.

Email or call (570) 510 - 7914.
    That is a good deal.

Spyder Garage

You can own this 2014 RT limited with under 2000 miles and the extended warranty till 4/25/2018 for $19,500.00
    SE6 with all the goodies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sam Mac; 02-20-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 rts WITH SEMI-AUTO

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    That is a good deal.
    .............The SE trans is a $1500.00 option and very worth it, especially at re-sale......Not many people want the manual trans.......Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had a PM exchange with a forum member in Florida. He sold his 2014 RT Limited with low miles (don't recall what it was and ad is now gone) about 2 weeks ago for $20,500.

Spyder-dude sold his 2014 RTS with lots of farkles and 16k miles recently. His last listed price was $19,995 but he hasn't said what he got for it.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-21-2016 at 01:11 AM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I bought my new 2015 RTL for 22k last sept from Power Yamaha in sublimity Or. AFAIK they still have some 2015 models left and would make you a deal.

Spyder Garage

HiYa Dave & Karen !!!

I paid 21,400 for my 2015 RTS SE5 New. I found that the RTS was all I needed. There are still 2015's out there, brand new.
    RTS vs Limited >> Same bike basically, except the Limited has, GPS (you can buy one for a couple hundred dollars), a little more chrome and a seat that says "LIMITED" on it ( I may have missed a couple of other little things on the Limited).

I'd look for a 2015 RTS !!

Tommy J.
    Last edited by fireplug98; 02-21-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Does it have a lot of aftermarket additions?

Perhaps someone has mentioned this and I overlooked it, but you need to find out what (if any) modifications have been done. Did they already add an upgraded seat? Tri-axis handlebars? Sway Bar, Bumpskid, extra lighting, etc etc etc?
    I bought a new 2015 RT-S only because I couldn't find a used 2014 or 2015 within 250 miles (and I wanted the bigger engine to keep up with hubby's Goldwing). And while I feel I got a good deal, I've already added over $5,000 in 'stuff' for my safety, comfort and enjoyment. Read the boards for some of the most popular changes folks make, and if this used bike already has them, it's not such a bad price. Just something to think about. And welcome in advance to the club!
    GWRRA Virginia District Director. Because we don't care what you ride, just that you ride safe!

Tri Axis Handlebars / CB & upgraded antenna / GPS & Cell phone integration / Trailer Hitch / FOBO TP Monitors / Black & Pearl Ultimate seat
    Spyder Cuff / Custom Paint / Laser Alignment / Flag Poles / 3rd & 4th Rear Brake & Turn LED's / Gear Brake Decelerometer Module
    A whole bunch of lights from LaMonster and SpyderPops

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I had a PM exchange with a forum member in Florida. He sold his 2014 RT Limited with low miles (don't recall what it was and ad is now gone) about 2 weeks ago for $20,500.

Spyder-dude sold his 2014 RTS with lots of farkles and 16k miles recently. His last listed price was $19,995 but he hasn't said what he got for it.
    I gave it away for $18,500 but wanted to sell it quickly to make room in the garage. My new 2016 F3T Limited Special Series takes up a lot less room now
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default 2015

Hi, Dave and Karen
    Check with Motorsports Superstore in Hamilton Al. I traded for my 15 RTS last Sept. I felt they were very up front and honest
    and I saved more than enough to make the drive.
    Welcome to the Spyder world, hope to see you on the road.

Ray.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

You can buy a new 2015 RT Limited for that price. ($21,500) Several sitting on the floor marked this price at both dealers here in Tucson AZ. Louis Motorsports in Greenville TX will beat even that price. Seriously!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    You can buy a new 2015 RT Limited for that price. ($21,500) Several sitting on the floor marked this price at both dealers here in Tucson AZ. Louis Motorsports in Greenville TX will beat even that price. Seriously!

Jack
    Hello Jack, new member here looking to get my first spyder. I live within 40 miles of Louis Motorsports in Greenville TX and their price for a new 2015 RT Limited is $23,599. Can you please tell me who you spoke with at Louis that is selling the RT Limited for under $21,500? Thanks!