Spyder Garage

Default Lighted Bumperskid

I'm considering a lighted bump skid but have some concerns over the lights being broken by road trash, rocks, curbs or roadkill. Just wondering how these skids are working out for those that have them? Has anyone gotten the skid with the groove and attached their own light string? This would allow another color than white.
    Last edited by Showie; 02-20-2016 at 01:19 AM.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Added lights...

Quote Originally Posted by Showie View Post
    I'm considering a lighted bump skid but have some concerns over the lights being broken by road trash, rocks, curbs or roadkill. Just wondering how these skids are working out for those that have them? Has anyone gotten the skid with the groove and attached their own light string? This would allow another color than white.
    Good Morning...I added TricLeD to my bumpskid...no issues...if I ever get a new bumpskid I will get the one with lights incorporated...only for the "smoother" look...ask Spyderpops and Reggy/TricLED their opinion... How you doing with that new SWEEEEET ryde? Thinking Robin looking very stylin' on that color!! Have a great day you guys...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Thx Karyl. Only put about 50 miles on weather being not the best yet. Hope to get a couple of hundred on tomorrow . Then time for baby's first bath I'm sure .
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I have the Lighted Bumpskid with the groove in it for the lights, no problem with road debris or such, the Bumpskid without the groove, the lights never seems to stay on good. Most state laws will frown on any forward facing color other than white, and many states red or blue will get you arrested, whether the lights are lighted or not.

If you are going with LEDs on the bumpskid ..................... get the bumpskid with the lights already installed in the groove from Spyderpops.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The lights are recessed into the Bumpskids far enough, that road debris shouldn't be any issue to worry about.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

SpyderPops lighted Bumpskid for me and mine never has a problems at all.....never....

Spyder Garage

Have one season on mine--about 12,000 miles. No issues here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red