Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    ...I love the blacked out pieces on the S model 100% better than the washed out gray on the older ones...
    My OLD one had the silver (washed out gray?) handlebars, while the NEW one has the black. I dislike the black for two reasons: it shows dirt/dust worse, and much more quickly than the silver did. And it absorbs sun-heat instead of reflecting it away like the silver did. I rest my right hand on the bar while using cruise-control, to force me to relax my "throttle" muscle-tension; on hot days this burns my hand.

But I do agree the NEW roadster is a worthy improvement, overall. No regrets!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default upgraded

I had a 2012RTS-SE5 A/C with the 998 engine made more gas stops/ had more of a maintance list, etc. Had to put on the Battery Tender Jr. after each ride to keep the battery at a full charge. Had foot pegs.

Then I up graded to a 2014RTSE-SE6 it was like night/day what a difference, 1200-Walt alternator ( get 85% more power for your electronic accessories. A total capacity of the 1200W, instead of the previous maximum of 650 W, can enjoy more of your accessories) I do not have to put on the Battery tender Jr. after each ride.

Less gas stops. Smoother ride.

Color choices were different ( I got Cognac) has fender supports, and sporty fenders ( can put on LED'S to more visible from the side front and rear). Has floor boards. I also have no regrets. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    And it absorbs sun-heat instead of reflecting it away like the silver did.
    But I do agree the NEW roadster is a worthy improvement, overall. No regrets!
    Did you have problems with the sunlight reflecting off of the silver bars, and obscuring the main display?
    I have noticed that this nasty trait is completely gone, with the black bars.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I like to ride mine like I stole it, so I do enjoy the "jump" of the 998. I hit it, and it goes. The 2015 RT S SM6 I am looking at does not have floorboards, but I really don't care about that. I really liked the Pearl White color when I saw it, as opposed to the pictures of it. I don't like the carbon wheels, but on the White bikes, They tone the color down and look made for the bike.

Unfortunately, the dealer is really trying to screw me on the trade value of my 2012. I think the price is pretty good on the bike itself, but they are trying to make up for that on the trade. Told the guy we aint got a sale unless he comes up on the trade a couple of thousand dollars at a minimum, or a grand and throw in a 3 year Best Warranty. Offering 9500 hundred for the Beast. I actually laughed. Told him he would have it on his sales floor for 14k a week after I got the new one. Kelly BB shows a trade to dealer price at $12, 770, and the best he can do is $9500? He wasn't really happy with me but I haven't worried about what people think for a long time. We will see how it goes Saturday. I am in the middle of a 3 week stretch of not having a day off, and with working nights, I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend arguing with the salesman, when I needed to be home getting some sleep. I assume he will call sometime Saturday afternoon, and if he doesn't, guess he doesn't want to sell me the bike.

Good thing I love what I ride right now!
    Contact Imotorsports, They got my sale because they offered me a great price on the bike and great price on the trade it and delivered it for free and picked mine up for free. Dealt with Jason and he was pretty cool. Check out their website for inventory. They are the dealer i have seen that sells only new spyders. they also sell the used bikes they take in trade but for new its just spyders, not even any other BRP stuff.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    Contact Imotorsports, They got my sale because they offered me a great price on the bike and great price on the trade it and delivered it for free and picked mine up for free. Dealt with Jason and he was pretty cool. Check out their website for inventory. They are the dealer i have seen that sells only new spyders. they also sell the used bikes they take in trade but for new its just spyders, not even any other BRP stuff.
    I have been looking at IMotorsports and they have a great selection, but I am worried about having to deal with a dealer in Chicago, if I have initial set-up problems when I am down in North Carolina. I know I can take my bike anywhere to get work done, but considering what has been going on for the last week with the locals, they may balk at getting my new bike set-up correctly when I bought it out of state.

The dealer sent me an email today saying he was going to get the Boss to review my offer. Doubt they will accept mine, but stranger things have happened. Maybe I will try to sell JBuffalo, a new member, my bike. I am originally from Buffalo and a ride up there wouldn't exactly hurt my feelings. My a$$ maybe, but not my feelings.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic