Spyder Garage

Default NancysToy...12v outlet question

I know that you posted about your 12v install that is on at all times. I cannot find it. Can you point me to that post? Also, do you have a link to the 12v outlet you installed? Or, is it the BRP one installed outside the trunk?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Mine are not always on but here is how bjt added outlets to my spyder
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

We do have a BRP 12 volt outlet in the trunk, dealer installed. My Powerlet outlets (BMW-type) are in the dash, just like Deb's. PowerletProducts Brian used the right angle outlets (I think) but I used the straight ones. Either will work in this location. I wired one to my auxiliary fusebox output, which is switched, and triggered from the BRP outlet wiring. The other is hot all the time, for battery charging. I just tapped into the feed side of my auxiliary fusebox, but added an additional inline fuse for the Powerlet. Too buried for good pictures, sorry. Hope this helps.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

These are the two main threads describing what we did and it has links to Powerlet, where we got the additional power outlets.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5171

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7332

Spyder Garage

how many 12v connects do you have???????????
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LDFIREWORKS View Post
    how many 12v connects do you have???????????
    I have three. One switched 12 volt cigarette outlet in the trunk, one switched Powerlet in the dash, and one unswitched Powerlet in the dash. That doen't count the harness for the heated gear, of course.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    We do have a BRP 12 volt outlet in the trunk, dealer installed. My Powerlet outlets (BMW-type) are in the dash, just like Deb's. PowerletProducts Brian used the right angle outlets (I think) but I used the straight ones. Either will work in this location. I wired one to my auxiliary fusebox output, which is switched, and triggered from the BRP outlet wiring. The other is hot all the time, for battery charging. I just tapped into the feed side of my auxiliary fusebox, but added an additional inline fuse for the Powerlet. Too buried for good pictures, sorry. Hope this helps.
    -Scotty
    Thanks for the pictures and the links.

Scotty,

One more question. I have a battery tender; do you have a link for the 12v plug? Never mind. I found it. I just needed to open my eyes.

Thanks
    Last edited by wyliec; 02-14-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have three. One switched 12 volt cigarette outlet in the trunk, one switched Powerlet in the dash, and one unswitched Powerlet in the dash. That doen't count the harness for the heated gear, of course.
    -Scotty
    More power Scotty more

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    More power Scotty more
    You can beam me up now.

Spyder Garage

Nice setup. I was wondering how you guys did the power tank bag. Now you got me thinking about my next mod. Still plenty of winter left. NMN's mud flap light is going onto the Spyder tomorrow when I have a day off from work.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS