Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down constant error codes

I have an '11 RT and for the past 18 months I have been getting the same codes over and over.

The bike has been to 3 different dealers in 2 countries (US and Canada) and so fa no has been able to actually fix the issue.

wondering if any has had the same codes and has figured out how to actually fix them

they are P1120 and P2620, which are throttle body sensor codes.

So far I have had 2 batteries, 1 throttle body, 1 throttle body sensor and 1 voltage regulator replaced, they have also fix a bunch of smaller non electronic things they have found.

I will be riding and then the bike just stops running and the engine light comes on, and the limp home mode kicks in, at least most of the time it does that. The last dealer in Henderson has had it for close to 3 months in the last 5 trying to figure it out. I have had to trailer it there twice and managed to actually ride it there twice too.

There has never been an issue riding it home and for a day or so after, but the last 2 times it happened we were 1 mile and 1/2 mile from "home" when it happened and we managed to get it home. after a couple of hours of sitting the codes are not active anymore.

we have finally given up on riding it here in AZ as when you get 5 minutes from town you are in the desert and that's the last place we want to be broken down in.

I would like to get some answers as my BEST warranty runs out in June of this year and being retired I just can't afford to pay the cost of getting it fixed after that, so will more than likely have a "boat anchor" sitting around

any ideas would be appreciated

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOUR ISSUES

Sorry I don't know those codes.....However there is nothing that can't be fixed, ( except dealer / tech incompetence ). If the dealer doesn't want to bother with this, you need to go direct to BRP cares and ask them to for assistance....Be prepared with all details ( from the techs / dealers ) as to what has been done to date, and the results. Once the Spyder is out of warranty , this is going to be an almost impossible thing to remedy........jmho.......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your throttle bodies need replacing...
    Have your dealer contact BRP, and see if this can be done on a "accommodation basis".
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Your throttle bodies need replacing...
    Have your dealer contact BRP, and see if this can be done on a "accommodation basis".
    Good Luck!
    Sad to hear of your problems. We have a 11 RT and so far--no issues.

x 2 with what Bob said above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For the record: I had one replaced under warranty, and one replaced by BRP after my warranty had expired.
    (It helps to speak nicely to them... )

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

this is the third one so far

first one was a recall

second was a year or so after that

third was last year...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You know the routine... Get Thee to Thy Dealership!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You know the routine... Get Thee to Thy Dealership!
    …Before your warranty expires. And ensure they do the Throttle Position Sensor Reset procedure in BUDS after they replace either the throttle bodies or the TPS.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238