Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

agree with everyone else, i came from 2 wheels and actually still have my sport bike. You just have to get used to that slight side to side motion on the spyder but honestly i think it handles better in curves than any cruiser i have ridden. I have never seen or heard of anyone that tipped it under normal circumstances its really stable. Compare that to how many people have you heard of low siding or high siding their two wheeler! Its so much safer than whatever bike you cam from. Wont compare to my sport bike though but thats why i still have both and once you get used to the spyder you can switch back and forth with ease. Here is the other good thing they hold their value really well so if you still dont like it after a couple thousand miles (highly doubtfull) you can still get out of it with minimal loss.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think everyone got you covered as to advice:
    1. Read the do's & don'ts thread
    2. Check the alignment
    3. RELAX

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm joining in too

What everybody else said! After awhile this will become then and finally woo-hoo what a RYDE!!
    Welcome and enjoy your Spyder!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No reply from him, hope he didnt sell it already

Spyder Garage

Garyeye1, I took a demo ride at bike week a few years ago. The Spyder wandered, and I was afraid to buy. Then I read on this forum about a new thing called laser alignment. I made laser alignment a condition in the purchase. Please believe me, it makes a huge diferance. I now have 31,000 miles and love my Spyder. Do not sell, get a laser alignment NOW. Not a regular BRP alignment. You will love the ride. Please keep us posted. We love to hear what finally happens.
    Good luck,
    Roger

Spyder Garage

Default Don't give up and sell yet!

First thing to remember is you don't ride it on the road where you ride on two wheels. Relax your grip on the handle bars like others have said and then allow the front tires to track the areas where the car tires ride.

The bike doesn't lean, you do. So on turns stay relaxed and as you gain confidence press your right thigh against the gas tank on right turns and left thigh on left turns. Once you start doing that you'll really begin to enjoy the ride as you become more aggressive.

Road 2 wheels for over 50 years and wife on 2 wheels for over 20. Now we both ride RT's.

But like someone said it took 2 demo rides to learn how. Second one was a full 100 mile ride. Bought it back and bought it.

Now love them! Although thinking hard about that F3.