Spyder Garage

Default Advice down shift prob

Hi..2008 rsse5 hindle exhaust....When my bike normally changes down gears it was always used to rev loud on the down shift but today coming home all of a sudden its quiet when going down in gears. Had the paddle switch changed 18 months ago when a fault warning appeared but surely it wouldnt need a new one again already? Theres no warning coming up saying check trans etc
    I believe the SE5 has a throttle actuator to increase revs on down shift, as I seem to remember a reference to a similar concern awhile back. Oil level was fine. Could long run in hot weather cause this do you think?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by magickalmum View Post
    Hi..2008 rsse5 hindle exhaust....When my bike normally changes down gears it was always used to rev loud on the down shift but today coming home all of a sudden its quiet when going down in gears. Had the paddle switch changed 18 months ago when a fault warning appeared but surely it wouldnt need a new one again already? Theres no warning coming up saying check trans etc
    I believe the SE5 has a throttle actuator to increase revs on down shift, as I seem to remember a reference to a similar concern awhile back. Oil level was fine. Could long run in hot weather cause this do you think?
    It sounds to me that's the a part call the bliper is not working. When I get time on Sat. to look it up and I'll reply.

Mike