Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Also You can also just add a CL plug anywhere you want. I believe Lamonster sells them. You can hook it straight to the battery.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default For Billybovine

You seem to be the expert on this topic so................... I just got a 2015 RTS -SE6 and want to mount the GPS under the dash projection. SOme folks suggested pulling out the fuel or temp gage and I can mount the gps bracket there and get power from the gage feed, which I like except for its under warranty and I have heard enough stories with these bikes that I don't want to give the dealer a reason to say I voided the warranty if I mess with that wiring

TO keep it simple I was going to tie into the battery tender pigtail that came with the bike in the frunk and just unplug the modular connector when not in use . I was going to run the feed for the GPS from the frunk to the dash via the spare switch port under the center of the handle bar by just pulling the black plastic cover

NOW after doing all this digging on this site with so many nice helpful people . I think I would like to .....................
    See if I can find the switched power feed for the frunk which sounds like its just to the rear of the trunk and needs to be pulled into the frunk and connected to a powerlet (frunk removal required??) Swap 6 and 7 fuse location? When I pull from old fuse location , will powerlet in the rear trunk go dead?
    At that point I can run the cable for the GPS power up into the dash via the hole below handlebar after I remove the black plastic plug. I will try to silicone the mount for the Nuvi on the underside of the dash projection and see how it holds and hopefully not have to screw into it

Any thoughts / comments

Spyder Garage

BRP can't void your warranty. If what you add breaks your Spyder. That is your responsibility, not BRP's. If your Spyder breaks due to materials or workmanship from BRP during the warranty period. It is their responsibility. Only fair right?

The battery pigtail must have been installed by your dealer. Does not come from the factory that way. Good of the dealer to do that. Just too bad it ends in the the front trunk. Now there another hole for water to get in. It can be rerouted to the top. It will still be under the hood but outside the trunk.

Yes you can use the tender pigtail to power stuff but just seems inconvenient to me. If you think it will work for you fine.

The rear and front power socket are on the same circuit. Changing the fuse location will change both. Location 7 both sockets are always on. In location 6 both sockets are switched.

From what others have posted. You can get to the front socket pigtail by taking out the battery. Then reaching up and to the Spyders right. Your left. It has 2 female spade connectors. So you can start your wiring with 2 male spade connectors.

Then run the wires to a 12V socket to plug the Garmin adapter in. That will get the 5V volts you need. Or to a USB power port. Or an inline power adapter.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Just to close the loop on this I fixed the problem by removing the front and side panels loosening all frunk attachment points enough to lift it up and tilt forward to reach back and connect the 2 wires that the dealer forgot about thanks to all of you who steered me in the right direction

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I haven't used the 12 volt outlet in the front trunk yet, but today I bought the Battery Tender Junior from Barb's Harley Davidson. Deltran makes the same Junior for Harley. It was $39.95. I attached the pigtails with the round spade lug to the battery and brought it out of the cloth opening in front. Works great.