Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Givi V35 Rack

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Givi V35 Rack

Givi now makes a rack specifically for the Spyder. It is only $198 making it $170 less than Industries7. Rack looks much the same as I7, but Givi design relocates the turn signals to the rear fender and you have to do a little rewiring. I really wanted the V35 cases, but I was balking at the $1,000 cost. Got the rack and cases for $747. Sport Tour in Ohio sells the rack for $198 and gloss silver cases $549. Free shipping on Givi items. The gloss silver is almost perfect match and now I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Spyder Garage

look good, go nicely with your silver

now all you need is some warm weather

Spyder Garage

Do you have a web site for them?

Spyder Garage

LOOKS REALLY GOOD NICE JOB
    SPYDRRR

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

nice....i oreder and pay the same 4 month ago...still nothing.... :-(

Spyder Garage

Looks real nice!
    I've got the warm weather... just need to convince myself to spend the $750!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Yeah, they seems to be the best deal all around for GIVI stuff. I can't find any for less. GIVI seems to monopolize the market by limiting their dealers on how much they are allowed to discount. That's why I haven't bought one yet.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Yeah, they seems to be the best deal all around for GIVI stuff. I can't find any for less. GIVI seems to monopolize the market by limiting their dealers on how much they are allowed to discount. That's why I haven't bought one yet.
    Free shipping is part of their pricing which cuts about $30 off price. Nice people to deal with. Givi rack for Spyder (PLX770) has been in development and just became available. I will repeat that while it is quite a bit cheaper than the I7 rack, it does require the relocation/rewiring of turn signals. Some may not like the look of the signals on the rear fender and may want to pay the extra for the I7 rack which keeps them up near the tail light. For $170, I like the look and and my checkbook agrees. I was able to do the rewire without cutting any wires, but through disconnect of existing wires and making some extensions that are routed through sheathing that Givi provides. Since they leave that part to the owner, there are no instructions for how to do it and you have to improvise. I'm no McGiver, but got everything to work just fine. The racks and cases are usual Givi high quality. Never owned hard cases before, but the clever Givi Monokey system is ingenious.

Registered Users Ken5517 / Wish Again's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post

Givi now makes a rack specifically for the Spyder. It is only $198 making it $170 less than Industries7. Rack looks much the same as I7, but Givi design relocates the turn signals to the rear fender and you have to do a little rewiring. I really wanted the V35 cases, but I was balking at the $1,000 cost. Got the rack and cases for $747. Sport Tour in Ohio sells the rack for $198 and gloss silver cases $549. Free shipping on Givi items. The gloss silver is almost perfect match and now I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go.
    Can you post a closer shot of the rear fender to see the relocation of the turn signals?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here is s closer look at turn signals with Givi brackets. They are black so they will go on silver, yellow or red. A quick coat of paint would make them match, but for now, I'm leaving them. If you look closely, you can see small silver spacers that fit into the fender indents so that the brackets don't rub on the fender. If you have good eyes, you might be able to see the black sheathing running up the brackets into the tail for the wiring. For anyone who wondered as we did, The V35 cases do hold our M and L HJC full face helmets. You wouldn't think that M and L would be much different on outside dimension, but the M slides right in, but you have to put the L in in a very precise way to get the case to close.

Spyder Garage

pssstt... you need to trim the tails off your zip ties.

Spyder Garage

I have the more expensive thibault installed in june last year - and like the solution with their back-lights - it should be also easy for givi to produce a small "bridge" under the rack for the turn signal lights ..in austria they must have also reflektors (law)as you see
    chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    pssstt... you need to trim the tails off your zip ties.

Brian,

You have very good eyes or a very high resolution screen. I took the picture right after the install and did not cut the zip ties until I had the sheathing the way I wanted it. It is a clean install now. Thanks for your feedback during the "should I buy phase". I know that there are Corbin fans out there, but these are very nice cases.

Mike

Spyder Garage

While I really like my Givi backs I'm glad I went a little extra and bought the I7 rack. I'm not a big fan of how Givi setup the turn signal relocation, I'm actually surprised they did it that way since so many of their racks relocate the turn signal similar to I7's.

Overall I only spent about $800 on the I7 rack and givi bags because I didn't go color matched so that I can move the bags back and forth between my Spyder and V-strom.
    "I'm the only hell my mama ever raised"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sleepman View Post
    While I really like my Givi backs I'm glad I went a little extra and bought the I7 rack. I'm not a big fan of how Givi setup the turn signal relocation, I'm actually surprised they did it that way since so many of their racks relocate the turn signal similar to I7's.

Overall I only spent about $800 on the I7 rack and givi bags because I didn't go color matched so that I can move the bags back and forth between my Spyder and V-strom.
    When I first opened the instructions and saw the turn signal setup, I got in touch with Givi and asked, what's the deal. Probably didn't want to get in a design dispute with I7 so tweaked their design. No question the I7 is a quicker install and would work better for the plug and play crowd. If they were closer in price, I'd probably gone with I7, but I was pushing my luck with the "just one more accessory" story already. When I said $1,000, she said how much??? When I said $747 and told her she could take more clothes, she said sounds like a good idea. After 38 years, you'd think I'd learn to ask the right question. I just think it's nice to have choices in style, price availability.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Too bad they didn't make a cap or something to cover the nuts (& wiring) that hold the turn signals on the new brackets.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSPSpyder View Post
    Too bad they didn't make a cap or something to cover the nuts (& wiring) that hold the turn signals on the new brackets.
    Stayed tuned, I'm working on that. Gatorade cap worked great as an axle nut cover until BRP gave us the right ones. Experimenting with various caps now to cover the nut.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I have the more expensive thibault installed in june last year - and like the solution with their back-lights - it should be also easy for givi to produce a small "bridge" under the rack for the turn signal lights ..in austria they must have also reflektors (law)as you see
    chris
    Chris, where did you buy this?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here are black caps for the nuts. Made them from 5/8 rubber chair leg tips. Cleans up the ends a little as you can see by comparing to above photo. PS for Brian, as you can see in this one, the zip ties are cut. Or maybe I just refocused the flash so you can't see them.

Spyder Garage

..IGOR
    I got the adress from a spyder-guy from australia (martin...) look at there webside
    and got it direct from a canadian guy - not cheap at this time
    but I romised my girl - for our 25years marriage-trip she will have the same space - like on our old BMW-R100RS just for her alone..
    (gorizia - triest venice garda..) - nice trip
    you know what I mean...)
    that was ..WorldWideSpyder-helps..
    chris
    Last edited by chris56; 02-12-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks good Junkie

Spyder Garage

Here are black caps for the nuts. Made them from 5/8 rubber chair leg tips. Cleans up the ends a little as you can see by comparing to above photo. PS for Brian, as you can see in this one, the zip ties are cut. Or maybe I just refocused the flash so you can't see them.
    You are the man! Improvise, adapt and overcome!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very nice!!
    I think I just seen a pic of what I'm going to do,thanks for posting.

Registered Users Ken5517 / Wish Again's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is s closer look at turn signals with Givi brackets. They are black so they will go on silver, yellow or red. A quick coat of paint would make them match, but for now, I'm leaving them. If you look closely, you can see small silver spacers that fit into the fender indents so that the brackets don't rub on the fender. If you have good eyes, you might be able to see the black sheathing running up the brackets into the tail for the wiring. For anyone who wondered as we did, The V35 cases do hold our M and L HJC full face helmets. You wouldn't think that M and L would be much different on outside dimension, but the M slides right in, but you have to put the L in in a very precise way to get the case to close.
    So are the turn signals wires cut and extended or does the stock wiring stretch that far?