Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin: $2000 for defected saddlebags- Not Fair treatment

Corbin,
    I'm talking about F3- saddlebags that cost $2000, and very very long wait..
    My question to Corbin, why you still sending the defected Left Side bags to customers who trusted you with their money and VERY long waiting time.
    Why you don't put orders on HOLD till you fix it ??
    corbin knew that the left side of the saddlebag was defected, even though shipped to us:
    1- lid does not close properly, and early opened with speed
    2- gap between lid and bottom is great that you can push your small finger in and open it while it is locked
    3- when we ordered saddlebags through dealers:
    A- I did not know that the owner of MY bags is the dealer
    B- warranty with dealer's name
    C- if dealer in not convinced that bags are defected, you are on your own
    D- Corbin will not even talk to you, because you are not the OWNER of the bags
    4- I was lucky that a Corbin employee,I was almost begging for help and support, he agreed for me to send pics of defected side
    5- tried to explain to me how to fix it ( still paint is peeling, rubber is not closing well, etc.
    6- I mentioned that while riding lid opened even when locked with key
    7- he agreed to help me, and sent a FedEx to pick it up from my house ( thankful for that)
    8- as promised 4 weeks, ended with 7-8 weeks with New one.
    9- Corbin tried to fix the bag, didn't work and had to make a new one, then paint it.
    10- during these 7-8 weeks, any time I call, the answer from all Corbin employees " please, don't call, your dealer to call as owners of saddlebags"" can you imagine how I felt ??? It was exhausting process.
    My question to Corbin, why you still sending the defected Left Side bags to customers who trusted you with their money and waiting time. Again, Corbin: Why you don't put orders on HOLD till you fix it????
    To you ALL, please, if you received a defected saddlebags, post pictures, so others will be aware of what they will receive.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that u have to go through all the headache and hassle to correct something that should have been corrected since the get go. Hopefully everything works out for u and thanks for sharing ur experience. I wasn't in the market for saddlebags but if I were I would think twice before going that way. Thanks again and good luck.

Spyder Garage

Wow sorry to hear indeed hope the rest of your order comes out better. Keep us posted please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    Corbin,
    I'm talking about F3- saddlebags that cost $2000, and very very long wait..
    My question to Corbin, why you still sending the defected Left Side bags to customers who trusted you with their money and VERY long waiting time.
    Why you don't put orders on HOLD till you fix it ??
    corbin knew that the left side of the saddlebag was defected, even though shipped to us:
    1- lid does not close properly, and early opened with speed
    2- gap between lid and bottom is great that you can push your small finger in and open it while it is locked
    3- when we ordered saddlebags through dealers:
    A- I did not know that the owner of MY bags is the dealer
    B- warranty with dealer's name
    C- if dealer in not convinced that bags are defected, you are on your own
    D- Corbin will not even talk to you, because you are not the OWNER of the bags
    4- I was lucky that a Corbin employee,I was almost begging for help and support, he agreed for me to send pics of defected side
    5- tried to explain to me how to fix it ( still paint is peeling, rubber is not closing well, etc.
    6- I mentioned that while riding lid opened even when locked with key
    7- he agreed to help me, and sent a FedEx to pick it up from my house ( thankful for that)
    8- as promised 4 weeks, ended with 7-8 weeks with New one.
    9- Corbin tried to fix the bag, didn't work and had to make a new one, then paint it.
    10- during these 7-8 weeks, any time I call, the answer from all Corbin employees " please, don't call, your dealer to call as owners of saddlebags"" can you imagine how I felt ??? It was exhausting process.
    My question to Corbin, why you still sending the defected Left Side bags to customers who trusted you with their money and waiting time. Again, Corbin: Why you don't put orders on HOLD till you fix it????
    To you ALL, please, if you received a defected saddlebags, post pictures, so others will be aware of what they will receive.

This is going to suck getting it resolved. I got lucky with my Corbin bags for my XL1200T, it would seem not so for the F3 bags. Agree to your get it fixed approach - can you post your pics? We need to get the the thread documented with other F3 owners - with pics - then direct Corbin to this thread. If we don't band together, Corbin will not stand up to fix this.

BTW, do you think there is any adjustability on the lid (or bag side) to get the lid to close better and stay latched?

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Default It came better

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Wow sorry to hear indeed hope the rest of your order comes out better. Keep us posted please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it came better, but not perfect.
    I posted it, because of the complaints regarding " same defect", and Corbin didn't stop sending defected ones to customers.
    Also, never knew that if I order through dealer, I'm not the owner of that part, so thought others may need to know that.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default No easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post

This is going to suck getting it resolved. I got lucky with my Corbin bags for my XL1200T, it would seem not so for the F3 bags. Agree to your get it fixed approach - can you post your pics? We need to get the the thread documented with other F3 owners - with pics - then direct Corbin to this thread. If we don't band together, Corbin will not stand up to fix this.

BTW, do you think there is any adjustability on the lid (or bag side) to get the lid to close better and stay latched?

Jerry
    With regret, there is no easy fix, because the original mold was not correct. Corbin tried to fix mine, then after 2-3 weeks, said have to make a new left side bag.
    the problem is, it will latch with gap, and you insert key, it is locked, when you push the lid up it will open. Opened twice while I'm on highway, but because of the lid's weight it was in place but open.

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

LETTER TO BBB OR ATTORNEY GENERAL WORK WONDERS

LETTER to the BBB has to go to the state there located in and they have to address it

Spyder Garage

Is there an option to dispute it with your credit card company? Depending on the actual delivery dates, the typical three month time constraints don't always hold.

I would weigh the importance of the dealer relationship, as this wouldn't be a plus in that category.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Default Best dealer and not their fault

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Is there an option to dispute it with your credit card company? Depending on the actual delivery dates, the typical three month time constraints don't always hold.

I would weigh the importance of the dealer relationship, as this wouldn't be a plus in that category.
    Dealer just ordered it, not responsible for Corbin's product.

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Dealer just ordered it, not responsible for Corbin's product.
    Whoever took the credit card is on the line for the quality of the product. You'll need to make a strong and simple case that it objectively was done wrong and isn't what you paid for. No guarantees, but it may work.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).

Spyder Garage

Default My post is warning to others

Whoever took the credit card is on the line for the quality of the product. You'll need to make a strong and simple case that it objectively was done wrong and isn't what you paid for. No guarantees, but it may work.
    Mine is fixed, but warning to others not order or that is what they will go through.
    JKKRBBT, Goldenpup, Elevatorguy suffered and are suffering with exact issue, that one of them thought my defected returned bag went to him.
    check post under : saddlebags

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default pictures

Pictures for mine and others.
    these are locked with key, even thought, push your finger in and it will open.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Sorry to say but between mine and many others posting here, this is just typical very poor customer support from Corbin. And a reason I will never again attempt to do business with this less than ethical company. They have zero after sale customer support and are pretty poor during the order process as well.

Sorry to see a business that treats customers this way continue to get business from this community.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Pictures for mine and others.
    these are locked with key, even thought, push your finger in and it will open.
    That's horrible workmanship.

I'm not surprised, though. Read my "Now mine..." thread from 2008-2009 about my two experiences with Corbin products.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Yep, the Left bag sucks

I too just got my Fleetliner bags after a 90 plus day wait. I too am having trouble with Corbin making the Left bag right. somewhere the bag was made and mounted correctly, as it looks good on the Corbin F3 ad pictures. My bag does not hang straight, and the lid does not latch properly. Possibly Lamont, who knows Mike Corbin, can get involved. I know it is not his product, but Lamont is a friend to all of us, and he does carry some weight with manufactures. Perhaps the Corbin advertising on Spyder Lovers should be suspended until the company stands behind their product.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm warning any new customers, that is why I posted it

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    I too just got my Fleetliner bags after a 90 plus day wait. I too am having trouble with Corbin making the Left bag right. somewhere the bag was made and mounted correctly, as it looks good on the Corbin F3 ad pictures. My bag does not hang straight, and the lid does not latch properly. Possibly Lamont, who knows Mike Corbin, can get involved. I know it is not his product, but Lamont is a friend to all of us, and he does carry some weight with manufactures. Perhaps the Corbin advertising on Spyder Lovers should be suspended until the company stands behind their product.
    Wish Lamonester will help, not me, but others.
    also, for Corbin to respond.
    NOT fair to go through that bad experience with $2,000.

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures may be needed

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    pictures in case if proof or similarities are needed
    picture with paint off
    picture with water leak
    picture with very big gap even locked with key.

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am very close to ordering a set. Actually added them to the cart last night but didn't check out. I think I'm going to have to find another solution. There's too many mentions of problems with this set up. Thanks for posting.

Spyder Garage

Default bags

I have a very early #1 I think off Mikes spyder set of bags and love them havent had any troubles. if you can take em in and ask for adjustments, its probably an adjustment hopefully good luck still better than BRP ugly bags

Spyder Garage

Thought I would share some of the pictures of the issues I have had with my corbin bags that I returned to the company. As I said in a prior post, hinges do not latch appropriately causing marks on metal plate and paint chipping, major gaps in the door causing leaking. I hope that Corbin does the right thing and replaces both of them as this is how they came to me early last June. Had to wait 8 weeks to get these unsatisfactory bags to begin with. I purchased them through my dealer. After going through many hoops required by corbin to submit pictures then return the product, last time we heard anything from them was before christmas they stated that both of the bags are now under review for warranty. They still haven't determined if they will replace them. These bags came to me with these defects, how can they NOT be covered under warranty?? Corbin has minimal response to emails and phone calls so I am very disappointed in Corbin's customer service. I paid for a product in June 2015 that I haven't yet received!! That is very frustrusting!!!!!
    In answer to your question about the space, they are very spacious!!! Just wish they could get their design figured out!

Lamont, please help us if you can!!!!
    Last edited by Goldenpup; 02-06-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i bought the same bags for my F3. After waiting 3 1/2 months for something i had to pay in full in advance, they came not color matched even though they said they would be. So here is only solution they will accept. Send bags back plus a painted piece off my bike so they can color match. I have no idea how long I will be without my bags this time. I have a 2015 black F3 which in light has a slight metal flake and a slight grey tinge. What they sent me was solid gloss black. I asked why they told me Corbin had all the CanAm Spyder color codes when I ordered the bags but now they tell me they can't match color without actual sample off my bike. I bought directly from their Daytona store and all they can say is they need permission from company to do anything. So bottom line their mistake is my problem.

Spyder Garage

Why are we as a group still buying their products after all the crap they put their customers through!!!!
    That crazy, we need to stop until they get there act together. We wouldn't put up with from other companies, so why them.....
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

A friend of mine is going through a very similar problem (fit and finish) for something similar to the F3. Just in case they are reading this, I'm not going to be more specific and cause any issues for him, but they don't seem to learn from their mistakes.

Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting

A friend of mine is going through a very similar problem (fit and finish) for something similar to the F3. Just in case they are reading this, I'm not going to be more specific and cause any issues for him, but they don't seem to learn from their mistakes.

My my dealer and I have been speaking with Corbin on many occasions. Bags were returned for repair a while ago and I finally received confirmation of shipping to be delivered by next week. My dealer knows that if there is one thing wrong with my bags at all I am returning them for a full refund. They agreed. I didn't realize this was an issue with all the bags. I thought mine was an isolated incident. What should I specifically look at , talking about the leaking and unlatching issue, when I go to pick these things up. Do I just lock them and lift up on the lid to pop them open? Aesthetics are one thing but not staying latched and water infiltration is another.

Spyder Garage

Default RETURNED!

Received a call that my bags have arrived. Dealer informed me that they were better than the first set...however... the lid on the left bag overhung the box and he knew that I wouldn't accept them. He refunded my purchase.
    I guess the only perfect set was sent to Lamont.