Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of an Ultimate Seat

Every year I make small investments to my bike. This year I think it's time we buy a new seat and I'm looking at the Ultimate Seats. More specifically the Tall Boy seat which runs about 700 bucks. Now I'm a bigger guy at 6'4 and almost 330 I have a large body. So I'm wondering if the seat would be worth the money. Just a thought and figured I'd reach out to a trusted community.

Spyder Garage

Im thinking of getting the same seat you are looking at. Im wondering if they will offer any discounts at SpyderFest?
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since you are in MO, you should definitely wait until Spyderfest so you can sit on one before you fork over the big bucks.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Put one on my rs 2 yrs ago .

No regrets

Spyder Garage

Got an Ultimate at bike week last year. LOVE IT. Rode from Orlando to Myrtle Beach - very comfortable!
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't remember the details, but there was some kind of Spyderfest special last year. I know it included free installation and also had something else like a free backrest or discounted price or something. They will ship your original seat home for you at no cost. I wanted one, but had already depleted my farkle budget on other cool things such as mirror turn signals, an air horn, laser alignment, an F4 Custom windshield...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Since you are in MO, you should definitely wait until Spyderfest so you can sit on one before you fork over the big bucks.
    Sit on one, before making the decision...

But I bet that you WILL like it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default had mine since 2011

Much better than stock, so worth that investment, now with that said I did still get a air cushion for long rides,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

The wife and I had them put on our 09 GS/RS'S few few years ago at the last Spyderfest in Cuba, they swapped out seats and installed them right there on sight while we wondered around the event, they are really comfortable. They have all the seats there at the trailer and you can try them all out before you buy. I am sure at Spydefest there will be alot of bikes with them on and people will let you sit on them also. GOOD LUCK, NO REGRETS HERE!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sypderrobinson134 View Post
    Every year I make small investments to my bike. This year I think it's time we buy a new seat and I'm looking at the Ultimate Seats. More specifically the Tall Boy seat which runs about 700 bucks. Now I'm a bigger guy at 6'4 and almost 330 I have a large body. So I'm wondering if the seat would be worth the money. Just a thought and figured I'd reach out to a trusted community.
    It does not sit as far back as the BRP comfort seat. If you are that large I would check that out first before plucking down $1600 vs $600. I have the BRP Comfort Heated seat and love it. I sat on a few of the Ultimates that were the extended version and they were still too far forward. They look terrific but for a larger person I think you are too far forward even with the extended seat.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would absolutely LOVE to go to Spyderfest this year but I think that's out of the question THOUGH I'm thinking as long as it sticks around next year might actually be doable. With that said I may just wait a little longer. Had this seat for the last 3 years don't think it's going to hurt me for another year. Thanks again everyone and if I get the chance to test out one of the ultimate seats somewhere in the future I will definitely take a chance with it.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would absolutely LOVE to go to Spyderfest this year but I think that's out of the question THOUGH I'm thinking as long as it sticks around next year might actually be doable. With that said I may just wait a little longer. Had this seat for the last 3 years don't think it's going to hurt me for another year. Thanks again everyone and if I get the chance to test out one of the ultimate seats somewhere in the future I will definitely take a chance with it.
    That's too bad as you're so darn close. Even if you can only make Friday and Saturday it would still be worth it.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

I'm not counting it out just yet. I've wanted to go since I bought my bike back in the fall of 2012. There's a chance we go and if we do there's a larger chance we leave with a seat haha.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    That's too bad as you're so darn close. Even if you can only make Friday and Saturday it would still be worth it.
    I agree, come any one day and go to vendor village, You can even come in your car. Ultimate will ship your seat to your house if you need it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

So in an odd change of events I just booked a room for Spyderfest.... So yeah provided I can get the days off from work We will be there this year!!!!

Spyder Garage

Tried the BRP comfort seat,then got the ultimate tallboy last year at O.C Maryland bike week.Better then the comfort seat with the same room,ultimate installed it,shipped my old one home and thru in a rain cover.I am as tall as you 6'4 but weigh 230.Ultimate is the way to go.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommer View Post
    Im thinking of getting the same seat you are looking at. Im wondering if they will offer any discounts at SpyderFest?

At Spyderfest - we will be doing free installations and free ride-on rain covers.
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    At Spyderfest - we will be doing free installations and free ride-on rain covers.

Really hoping to get down there this year. Anxiously awaiting the information to find out if I have my days off.