Spyder Garage

Default Cooling issues recall on 2013 Rt's

I see that the recall issue on the 13's has been discussed quite a bit here. I came across an issue that hasn't.

I bought mine used in Sept. last year. Ran the VIN and it didn't show any outstanding recalls. Fine.... Got to talking with Doc from Folkston about moving the GPS and he asked about the recall fix. No scoops on mine. Called Jax Motor Sports who had done some work on the bike and of course nothing had showed up on their screens about anything outstanding. They checked the bike and it hadn't been accomplished.

To make a long story short, a dealer in Orlando had charged off doing the recall work on the bike. May have just been they entered the wrong VIN when doing the recall on another bike????

One way or another BRP and Jax Motor Sports is doing the recall.

Don't know about others in this area but I've been real happy with the work and support from Jacksonville Motor Sports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This IS curious...
    If there's a dealer out there getting paid for NOT doing the work; we'd all love to hear about it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This IS curious...
    If there's a dealer out there getting paid for NOT doing the work; we'd all love to hear about it!
    Then selling the parts to a non-warranty pre-13' bike owner or on eBay!?....[emoji38] [emoji33] [emoji87] [emoji86] [emoji85]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you dig that clip out of your betamax collection?! [emoji1]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...8mm...

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer info on cooling recall

Central Florida Power Sports in Orlando is the dealer that charged off the recall. Could have been they mistakenly entered the wrong VIN. No way to tell but it kept me from finding out about an important recall on my bike. It's a BRP to dealer issue now. I'm just happy to find out about it and get it done.
    Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us know how this all plays out...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please let us know how this all plays out...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Recall completed

Jacksonville Pwr Sports completed the recall this afternoon. Don't know what happens with the other dealer that turned the recall in as complete. That's between BRP and them.
    Jax dealer didn't have any issues with BRP, BRP told them if the recall wasn't done to complete it.
    All is well with me,
    Pat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
    I see that the recall issue on the 13's has been discussed quite a bit here. I came across an issue that hasn't.

I bought mine used in Sept. last year. Ran the VIN and it didn't show any outstanding recalls. Fine.... Got to talking with Doc from Folkston about moving the GPS and he asked about the recall fix. No scoops on mine. Called Jax Motor Sports who had done some work on the bike and of course nothing had showed up on their screens about anything outstanding. They checked the bike and it hadn't been accomplished.

To make a long story short, a dealer in Orlando had charged off doing the recall work on the bike. May have just been they entered the wrong VIN when doing the recall on another
    Make sure ALL the Service Bulletin work has been done - not just the recent recall. There are two others related to the heat problem. The first was in late 2013 (don't recall the number), when they wrapped the canister, and brake reservoir, etc. and the other was SB 2013-9 issued 7/27/2014 where they did an ECM update (although the major recall, SB 2013-9 probably supersedes that one). But SB 2013-8 also involved new seals for the fuse boxes and replacement of the upper belt guard retaining screws.

Also, there were defective shocks on the early 2013 RT's that were corrected half way through the model year. That was NOT an SB - they only replaced them if the owner complained about shocks being too soft.
    Last edited by robmorg; 01-29-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I'll double check the other recalls with
    Doc - Riverside next week.

Pat