Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs or bars for a 2014 sts any good ones that you have use

I have a 2014 spyder sts, anyone put highway bars or pegs onyour spyder, what type did you use, did you like them. I am try to find somehighway bars for my bike to get more comfortable on a long ride, but I amhaving a hard time finding some bars that will fit my sts. Most bars fit eithera RS or a RT

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default ST Brackets

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have the Lamonster brackets on my ST-S. They're great, easy install.

Used my own pegs from my V-Strom.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...brackets-only/
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

I have the lamonster brackets as well. They are great!
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for your help, the lamonstergarage look like theyare easy to install. are they strong where they will not bend or any thing like that?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ubreal View Post
    Thank you for your help, the lamonstergarage look like theyare easy to install. are they strong where they will not bend or any thing like that?
    They're made out of 1/4" steel plate. The brackets won't bend and neither will the mounting point if you use as they are intended to be used. You can't stand up on them.

Spyder Garage

Lamont's are the Best brackets on the market go ahead and get them you will not regret it
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Standing

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    They're made out of 1/4" steel plate. The brackets won't bend and neither will the mounting point if you use as they are intended to be used. You can't stand up on them.
    Cant stand on them, awww maannnnnnnnn, my favorite thing to do

Spyder Garage

I was planning on getting a set for my ST but was wondering about leaving the lower panels off. Anyone had problems doing this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldraceman View Post
    I was planning on getting a set for my ST but was wondering about leaving the lower panels off. Anyone had problems doing this?
    I listened to some posts that say to leave them off but after doing my first oil change last friday, I saw that if I left them off, the lower side panels were not as ridged. The bottom panels give the lower end more strength so I put them back on.
    I got Lamonsters web pegs. I dont know how he could have done a better job of making them. They are better than the RT pegs because they attach to the frame instead of the floorboards.
    Last edited by AY4B; 02-24-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Here is what they look like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How does it feel to transition out that far, I just ordered some for my RS. Sitting on my bike and reaching out there it seems uncomfortable. Did you get used to it or is it just comfortable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Graptor View Post
    How does it feel to transition out that far, I just ordered some for my RS. Sitting on my bike and reaching out there it seems uncomfortable. Did you get used to it or is it just comfortable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The beauty of Lamonts system is its adjustability. You mount the base plate and there is a curved piece with like 5 holes spaced out that you can play with to find your comfort spot. You can go up or down, forward or back, wide or tight to the body. The reason mine look so far out there is because Im tall and need all the leg room I can get. Once you find that spot and tighten it down, it has a very secure feel and you can even take on the twisties with your feet on them. I think you have even more control because your feet are spread farther apart and you can push on the outside leg easier. You need to keep in mind it may take a split second longer to get to the brake though. Another negative I have found with me having my legs so far forward is my right ankle gets very hot being right in front of that exhaust fan hole. I have a thread about that and someone suggested that I need to reroute the air down and block off that hole some. Or just wear some kind of armor shield on my ankle.

Lamonster has a great install video on it, although he suggests a couple of things I dissagree with.
    A. I would keep that lower plastic shield. Heres why, It is not that much trouble to remove it and re insalling it after you do it a couple of times and it is part of what keeps your lower shield tupperware stable and strong. I tried it both ways and without it that bottom piece that your tupperware sets on had way too much movement, so I reinstalled it and it didnt feel like the side was going to fall apart on me. You do have to drill out those holes in the plastic shield to about 1/2 inch though.
    B. He suggests putting some silicone on the base plate bolts. I tried that and it did not work well. If you use some 2 way tape on that same spot, it grabs instantly and keeps that bolt from pushing out so easy. Keep in mind, you will have to remove the plate with the peg attached every time you change your oil. ( not a big deal, its just 2 more nuts to remove)
    Last edited by AY4B; 02-25-2016 at 07:59 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    The beauty of Lamonts system is its adjustability. You mount the base plate and there is a curved piece with like 5 holes spaced out that you can play with to find your comfort spot. You can go up or down, forward or back, wide or tight to the body. The reason mine look so far out there is because Im tall and need all the leg room I can get. Once you find that spot and tighten it down, it has a very secure feel and you can even take on the twisties with your feet on them. I think you have even more control because your feet are spread farther apart and you can push on the outside leg easier. You need to keep in mind it may take a split second longer to get to the brake though. Another negative I have found with me having my legs so far forward is my right ankle gets very hot being right in front of that exhaust fan hole. I have a thread about that and someone suggested that I need to reroute the air down and block off that hole some. Or just wear some kind of armor shield on my ankle.Lamonster has a great install video on it, although he suggests a couple of things I dissagree with. A. I would keep that lower plastic shield. Heres why, It is not that much trouble to remove it and re insalling it after you do it a couple of times and it is part of what keeps your lower shield tupperware stable and strong. I tried it both ways and without it that bottom piece that your tupperware sets on had way too much movement, so I reinstalled it and it didnt feel like the side was going to fall apart on me. You do have to drill out those holes in the plastic shield to about 1/2 inch though.B. He suggests putting some silicone on the base plate bolts. I tried that and it did not work well. If you use some 2 way tape on that same spot, it grabs instantly and keeps that bolt from pushing out so easy. Keep in mind, you will have to remove the plate with the peg attached every time you change your oil. ( not a big deal, its just 2 more nuts to remove)
    Thanks for the information. I was curious about this happening with the air under the trike. I plan on placing an order but keep the panels in place. I don't feel much heat from the trike at least not as much as my VTX 1300 trike puts out in traffic.