Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pondering F3

Spyder Garage

Would a 6 foot by 10 foot enclosed V - Front ENCLOSED Trailer be sufficient for my 2015 Spyder RT Roadster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!
    But a 7x12 gives you more "wiggle and wrestling" room...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INVENTORY

....A lot of Dealers sell on E-bay, so I would check there. A low mileage used spyder from someone could be the ticket......Also check with IMotorsports ( look on Home page for their AD ) and Holzaur Motorsports in Illinois I got mine there and got a killer deal.....Unless you are a MECHANIC and love to do maintenance and have lots of extra money.....I would stay away from anything with the V-Twin..................I know I'm going to get YELLED at for that last statement , but I'm sticking to it.........Mike

Spyder Garage

Barry, my brother wanted an F3 but his wife was more comfortable on the back of an RT so they got an RT. Well, guess what? She doesn't want to ride on it at all now, and he still wishes he had an F3. If your wife doesn't like the F3's seat as much, you can always upgrade the seat. If you are lucky enough to get a 2015 close-out model, you will save more than enough to get whatever saddle bags you want. So both seat and storage can be addressed while you still get the machine you like
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Default F3T

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I think that without a doubt, the spyder is a lot safer than any 2 wheeler due to the reasons that you mentioned. As for choosing between a F3 and a F3T, I am definately not a fan of the storage amount on the F3. If I had a F3, I would have to bite the bullet and purchase a set of Corbin bags (they are the best looking of any IMOP). I have not seen the F3T in person, but I like the photos that I have seen. My only hope is that the bags are large enough to be useful. Good luck with your shopping.

The F3T bags will not hold a full face helmet. My SHAD saddlebags do.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by roddyhelen View Post
    Would a 6 foot by 10 foot enclosed V - Front ENCLOSED Trailer be sufficient for my 2015 Spyder RT Roadster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ..........Sorry but I don't have pics. but I built a flatbed on my Toyt pk-up and then built a cover over it.......I put my 2014 RT inside.....it measures 66 inches wide ( inside )..............Yes that leaves almost no room around it, but I only use one heavy duty Rachet strap over the rear tire ( in-line ) and that holds it down extremely well. It will again be at Spyderfest this year...............Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Samesy...

Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post
    Barry, my brother wanted an F3 but his wife was more comfortable on the back of an RT so they got an RT. Well, guess what? She doesn't want to ride on it at all now, and he still wishes he had an F3. If your wife doesn't like the F3's seat as much, you can always upgrade the seat. If you are lucky enough to get a 2015 close-out model, you will save more than enough to get whatever saddle bags you want. So both seat and storage can be addressed while you still get the machine you like
    My wife has made the same decision, but I bought the F3-S so ha!

To the OP, I may be interested in selling (in Nashville) as I am taking a job opportunity overseas assignment so I won't be around to enjoy my toy... Love the F3. Way more fun than any other Spyder - the relaxed nanny on this byke makes it fun for sure!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post
    that sounds like the exact trap I would fall in,and the exact way it would play out with my wife! Thanks for story... perspective!

Thanks,
    Barry

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hollylmh View Post
    The F3T bags will not hold a full face helmet. My SHAD saddlebags do.
    I'll look into SHAD bags, I'm about convinced to just buy the -s model (not the -t), so my options will be open for storage.

Thanks for chiming in with that info, that helps with one of the decision points for sure.

Barry

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hk31 View Post
    My wife has made the same decision, but I bought the F3-S so ha!

To the OP, I may be interested in selling (in Nashville) as I am taking a job opportunity overseas assignment so I won't be around to enjoy my toy... Love the F3. Way more fun than any other Spyder - the relaxed nanny on this byke makes it fun for sure!
    Thanks for the comments. What is your timeline to sell? The deals on the 2015 blow out are pretty good right now through the end of February, it might make sense to let the 2015s blow out if you have the time. I'm in Austin, and pretty busy with family, I'm not sure I've had osmosis time to get fully behind the idea of buying a toy this expensive; I had been looking at two wheelers half the cost (on the high end) and had rationalize that pretty well (and had wife buy in). I'm pretty distracted (excitedly) by the thought of an F3, and a good deal tempts me to bypass my normal osmosis process...

Keep me in the loop on your plans, I'm in Austin, so it may be a long shot, but it's possible it could work out.

Spyder Garage

Default PM sent

I'll send you a PM so as not to further hijack the thread.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default F3T

As for storage, having had the opportunity to see the F3T up-close and personal, they have not added much in the way of storage. You could cram some very small soft sided bags in the saddle bags, a couple of t-shirts and a change undies perhaps. I can't say that it would be worth the added expense to go that route. I will say that as far as riding two up, if you want your wife to feel safe and secure (if she doesn't she won't ryde with you) the back seat of the RT is indeed plush, and more importantly, secure!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default back seat/passenger

the F3 back seat (if you have one) is actually very comfortable, but the passenger backrest is absolutely needed. the rear shock with 2 up leaves a lot to be desired, so if you go the F3 route, you'll want to look into a different rear shock.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

The new upgraded shock (being sold at $230) may be the cheapest way to go.

Part# 219400739.

Spyder Garage

Default Owner again

Barry,

here's another 2 cents.. I owned a 2009 SE.. Lots of fun but leg heating issue limited summer riding in Tucson. Sold it a couple years back.. BTW, the point of this post is I bought it used. I live in Tucson and drove to Las Vegas and trailered it home for a good deal.

just getting back into it. Bought a used F3S manual. Used again for $14,500. If you look used enough, you can find great deals

Spyder Garage

Default U Fit

Not sure if anyone brought up the UFit system. I think it's potentially a great enhancement if you need some customization on the bars and pegs.

For storage I find a good old backpack is helpful (plus the frunk) for when I "volunteer" to get groceries. I always take the long way there and back, of course.