Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    IdahoMtnSpyder,

After reading your message above, I realize there there were two other things I could have included in my earlier remarks in this thread. First, BRPcare does seem more responsive to dealers than to individual owners, with respect to the amount of time it takes to respond to an inquiry. Even with dealer requests, folks have reported on the forum that it can sometimes take a week or two to get an answer for situations that are not the norm. I think they genuinely do get backlogged from time to time with cases. That said, I agree that they should probably work to improve their response time. In my own case, which I referred to in the message above, it took almost 60 days from first discussing it with the dealer to the final response from the home office in Valcourt. But I went through more than one level at BRPcare. During those two months, I emailed or called them about three times politely asking for an update. Don't know if that helped or not.

The other thing I might have said is probably obvious, and you alluded to it in one of your above messages. That is, when you email them, do attached as many pictures and other documents that you think cold be helpful to your case. It gives them more to work with, and makes it harder for them to say "no". Also ALWAYS include your case number, if there is an open case. If a dealer initiated the case get the number from the dealer before you email BRPcare.
    Thanks. With this additional info I now really do think a synopsis of our comments and discussions here would be a very worthwhile sticky posting for Lamont to put up on the forum.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

It was great to read these posts. Here, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, are the facts:

I've had a few different experiences with BRPcare - the organization, not Steve personally - and I have come to realize that they do care. If you want satisfaction from BRPcare, the after-sales support organization for BRP, you first have to understand a few things about them.
    BRPCare is the identity we use on our online support channels - forums (such as Spyderlovers), Twitter, Instagram, etc. The rest of the after-sales department doesn't always operate under the BRPCare moniker, although we all share a customer care mindset. Every single person I've met here is always looking for ways to improve the ownership experience in any way they can.

First, as forum members, some of us confuse BRPcare with the individual, Steven M. They are not the same. Steve is just one employee of the vast after-sales organization of BRP. If you look at Steve's signature, you will see that he is a Dealer Tech Support Team Lead, with a duel responsibility of working on their social media team. BRPcare is active on just about all social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, various BRP product forums (of which Spyderlovers is just one of several), and probably more.
    Yes, this is completely accurate (see above).

Steve is too kind to say this himself, but it is simply NOT his job to interact with specific Spyder Owners on this forum (although I hear that he sometimes does). In other words, sending Steve a PM is NOT the way to contact BRPcare. He couldn't possibly answer them all for every forum.
    We do try to answer as many questions as we can, across all product lines. Either myself or someone in my team will respond to owners. Truth is on Spyderlovers specifically, it's mostly myself. I enjoy interacting with the community here, I'm passionate about the product, and I'm a long-time rider myself.

To get an idea of the size of BRPcare, take a look at the photo below, which was taken when the Montreal team moved into their new office facility not long ago. Steve, are you in this picture?

Those are the new After-Sales offices here in Sherbrooke, Quebec (90 minutes east of Montreal). I am not in the picture because I was on vacation. I've met a number of you at events such as Spyderfest or factory tours here, but for those of you who don't know what I look like, here's a picture:

And this is just one office of BRPcare team members. They are also in many cities around the world, including the BRPcare U.S. office, which is located on the Evinrude Marine Division campus in Sturtevant, Wisconsin. BRPcare handles customer and dealer support for not just Can Am (both Spyders and Off-Road vehicles), but also Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, and Evinrude Marine Engines.
    Yes, another of our major after-sales office is in Badger State. We work together daily.

If you need to contact BRPcare, as Steve said above, I have found that the very best way is to email them. The email address I have used is BRP.service@brp.com. I am guessing (don't know for sure) that brp.care@brp.com is just another address for the same inbox. You could also call the telephone number in the user manual (715-848-4957) which will get you to the BRPcare team in Sturtevant, WI. (There is another number for the Canadian Team in the manual) I have found that calling via telephone is not as convenient as emailing them unless you already have an active case number.
    We've responded to PMs in the past, but the new forum monitoring software we were using wasn't picking up PMs (we'll definitely try and fix that ASAP, thanks IdahoMtnSpyder!). Your dealer should be your first step in getting any issue resolved, but we understand that in more complex situations, sometimes you want to talk to the manufacturer. Calling us, writing on the website form or emailing my team at brp.care@brp.com is the way to go.

As with most vehicle manufacturers, you will get much better customer service if you contact your dealer (or any dealer) first. BRPcare has an extensive dealer support team that works closely with dealers. If you call BRPcare BEFORE contacting your dealer, they will often tell you that they cannot help you until you "talk to your dealer".
    We're continuously improving our dealer network and the fact is that your best bet is always to start there for any issue. (see previous).

We're a department comprised of some really passionate folks who do our best to get it right and our dealers are no different. No company is perfect, but I feel that BRP does a pretty great job of standing up for its customers, being accountable, transparent and making things right - then again, I'm a little biased. Most of us are riders too - I ride 3- and 2- wheels - and know the experience we want ourselves and other riders to have. I hope that the fact that we're present and active here on SL and elsewhere can help testify to that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BRPcare; 01-25-2016 at 05:14 PM. Reason: syntax
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

...But your picture doesn't show you on a Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your response, Steve, and for filling in the details in some areas where I was a little murky. One quick question I have for additional clarification...

Does BRP.service@brp.com and brp.care@brp.com go to the same inbox, or does BRP.service take you to the Wisconsin team?

PS... Thanks for the picture. Now we almost know what you look like.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your response, Steve, and for filling in the details in some areas where I was a little murky. One quick question I have for additional clarification...

Does BRP.service@brp.com and brp.care@brp.com go to the same inbox, or does BRP.service take you to the Wisconsin team?

PS... Thanks for the picture. Now we almost know what you look like.
    ​Steve is the one that looks like Wylie Coyote. i.e. All beat up from disgruntled members on this site. Hey folks, let's all give Steve a little slack. After

all he is the guy who gets all the "incoming" and has to deal with it reasonable or not.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    Once they have your money that's all they care about
    Steve from BRP helped me 2 years ago. He got my issue solved. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Steve has informed me that PMs to BRPcare have been disabled for the time being. Also, the brp.care@brp.com address is specially set up for social media users. We are among the privileged!

Thanks, Steve.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Steve has informed me that PMs to BRPcare have been disabled for the time being. Also, the brp.care@brp.com address is specially set up for social media users. We are among the privileged!

Thanks, Steve.
    Thanks for passing on this information.

It sounds like any Spyderlover member with a specific need to contact Steve personally, while they work out the PM problem, can simply send an email to prb.care@brp.com , mark their email "Attn: Steven M.", and identify themselves as a Spyderovers.com member.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys!
    I'm tucking that email address into my folder of important Spyder contact information!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black