Spyder Garage

Default PARKING BRAKE EXTENSION

Just installed the aftermarket foot brake extension. looks and feels a little funny. jury is still out on keeping it. it does let you extend and use your toes or the ball of your foot to brake, but my brain has me reaching for the old location.

Spyder Garage

Your title says Parking Brake Extension, but then you refer to the foot brake in the text...... I'm confused

Are you talking about an a/mkt extension for the park brake pedal (ie like the pedal on the left on the RS); or

an extension to the foot brake pedal (on the right all the Spyder Roadsters, inc the RT's)??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-24-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Your title says Parking Brake Extension, but then you refer to the foot brake in the text...... I'm confused

Are you talking about an a/mkt extension for the park brake pedal (ie like the pedal on the left on the RS); or

an extension to the foot brake pedal (on the right all the Spyder Roadsters, inc the RT's)??
    an extension to the foot brake pedal (on the right all the Spyder Roadsters, inc the RT's

Spyder Garage

A picture of what you installed might help. I have a long foot that can reach the stock beake pedal with either toe or ball of foot depending on how my foot is placed on the floorboard and your description leaves me a bit uncertain about how to comment.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Time....

You will get used to it. I made my own extensions for the brake and the park brake. Took me a while to get used to it but now it is easy without toeing in all the time and the park brake saves the chins.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black