Spyder Garage

Default rear brake pad replacement

Directions from manual state : Rotate the parking brake lever on caliper to pull back piston.

Exactly HOW does one accomplish the above on a 2014 RS SM???
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Pads

Remove nut on parking brake arm. Remove cable, pull arm off. Rotate arm a few degrees clockwise. Slip over shaft. Turn counterclockwise. Piston should retract enough to slip pads in. If not, repeat. If that is not enough, remove caliper. Leave brake line alone. See two small holes in piston face. Insert standard needle nose pliers in those holes, and turn piston clockwise until it is flush with caliper. Insert pads, button it up.
    Any questions, call me. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Remove nut on parking brake arm. Remove cable, pull arm off. Rotate arm a few degrees clockwise. Slip over shaft. Turn counterclockwise. Piston should retract enough to slip pads in. If not, repeat. If that is not enough, remove caliper. Leave brake line alone. See two small holes in piston face. Insert standard needle nose pliers in those holes, and turn piston clockwise until it is flush with caliper. Insert pads, button it up.
    Any questions, call me. Joe
    Thank you so much for the explanation, I'm not overly impressed with the directions in the green manuals
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White