Spyder Garage

Default Shipping a Spyder and RT622 Traileross from Ontario to BC

I am looking from some advice from other Spyder riders. This coming summer I want to ship my Spyder and RT622 Trailer from Ontario to BC. Then back to Ontario from Alberta. Most transport companies want the Spyder on a pallet. As we all know the Spyder is wider than a standard size pallet.

Has anyone had experience with shipping across the country? Advice on a reliable carrier that can take the Spyder and Trailer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John Mac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome! I know there have been discussions before on shipping Spyders but they were all in the US. I don't know if any of those companies operate in Canada. Good luck, if you fail on a transport I would ride it for you but that could get expensive.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default shipping

hire someone to drive it ?

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder shipping

I moved from Annapolis to Indianapolis, 2 years ago.
    I used Uship.com
    i put a request out and had a guy with a covered trailer bid $550.00
    He showed up at 8 PM we shackled the Spyder and the 622 trailer in his 35 foot trailer.
    He delivered it the next day to my buddies house.
    He had a dinning room suite 2 riding mowers for someone else.

I have used Uship.com to ship a piano.

Just make sure you screen the guy you pick.
    I talked with them on the phone to drive home how important the tie down had to be etc.

Good luck.
    Ride safe
    geo

Spyder Garage

Look under car haulers. I had mine shiped from Texas to Az. Charge same price as if a car. Nice envclosed semi trsiler
    Kenn
    Last edited by kbwitt; 01-24-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Check with Eric Bouvette...

www.mamotomonvoyage.com

Or on Facebook : Ma Moto Mon Voyage
    Silver RT Limited SE5 2013

BAJARON Anti-Sway Bar, BAJARON Heim Joints, SPYDERPOPS Bumpskid, SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner, SENA SM10 Dongle, CORBIN Passenger Armrest w. cupholder, UTOPIA Driver Backrest, SPYDERFLAP Mud Flap, STEBEL Nautilus Air Horn, TRICLED Rear Top LED Bar, TRICLED, 3rd & 4th Brake LED, TRICLED Mirror Turn Signal, TRICLED Tricfenderz LED Strip, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Front Mud Flap LED, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Amber Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Red Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Fender Tips ...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi there - I'm Eric

We do accept 6 Spyders per truck and we take care of securing and strapping - no pallets required. However, our business currently only ships from Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto (Looking at starting from Boston and New York soon) and we only ship to Calgary, Vancouver, Denver, Las Vegas and Fort Lauderdale.

We ship on fixed dates to allow people to go ride out west for 2 weeks and then we ship back. By doing it like this, our trucks are always full and we can offer full load pricing even if you only have 1 vehicle. As an example, round trip from Toronto to Las Vegas is $949 all inclusive.

Additional info at www.mytripmybike.com or by email at info@mytripmybike.com

We have an English Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mytripmybike/

You can also contact us 7 days a week 08h30-21h00 at 1-888-347-1658
    Last edited by micmerg; 01-24-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Try Air Canada Cargo

Quote Originally Posted by J-MAC View Post
    I am looking from some advice from other Spyder riders. This coming summer I want to ship my Spyder and RT622 Trailer from Ontario to BC. Then back to Ontario from Alberta.
    Last year Air Canada introduced their "Fly Your Bike" program. It was quite successful and hopefully they will run it again this year. Several riders I know of flew their two-wheelers from Toronto to Calgary for $600.00.

Check here.... https://www.aircanada.com/cargo/shar...-15%2012:42:19

and here.... http://canadamotoguide.com/2015/03/0...cargo-options/

Its cheaper if you also book a flight to the same destination.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Hi J-MAC,

Re: I am looking from some advice from other Spyder riders.

About two years ago I shipped mine from the Los Angeles area to Portland, OR. I did an on-line search and found a company who then sub'd it out to these guys:

http://haulbikes.com/

Other than it took about 5 weeks in transit, I was very satisfied.

Drop them an email and see if they ship in Canada.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi J-MAC,

Re: I am looking from some advice from other Spyder riders.

About two years ago I shipped mine from the Los Angeles area to Portland, OR. I did an on-line search and found a company who then sub'd it out to these guys:

http://haulbikes.com/

Other than it took about 5 weeks in transit, I was very satisfied.

Drop them an email and see if they ship in Canada.

Jerry Baumchen
    I used Haulbikes to bring my 2013 RT from Wisconsin to Idaho in November 2013. Yes, they can be awhile in getting it delivered. Mine was just over 4 weeks. There are two primary reasons for their time frame in delivery. All routes lead to Milwaukee, WI and they haul only bikes, water craft, and ATV's, and haul only full or near full truck loads. I would say that 5 weeks from LA to Portland was pretty good considering. Other than the delivery times I would say one would be hard put to find a better shipper for motorcycles. They are the contract hauler for new Harley trikes.

Unfortunately for the OP it looks like they are US only.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thank-you to everyone that has replied. Now I have some options to do some further investigations.

Sincerely,
    John Mac

Spyder Garage

Hi Idaho,

Re: Other than the delivery times I would say one would be hard put to find a better shipper for motorcycles.

I 100% agree. When they did get here with the Spyder, they were most helpful; and it was in the exact same condition as when I bought it.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

An important point about My Trip My Bike following a few questions - and a few bookings

We currently only ship out of Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto - should announce the restart ofour service from Boston, Newark and Philadelphia soon. We only ship on pre-determined dates to Calgary, Vancouver, San Diego, Las-Vegas, Denver and Fort-Lauderdale - about to add New Orleans for 2016-2017 winter.

This allows us to have full truck loads and be up to 70% off the competition. We accept 6 Spyders per truck.

Guided groups are available on each of our transports.

If you have a group of 4 or more you can contact us for group rates.

www.mytripmybike.com or https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mytripmybike/