Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat heated

Had the heated comfort seat installed. ($218 FOR INSTALLATION WITH BACK REST) Heat works well comfort not so much! The original seat was more comfortable as far as sitting goes. The comfort seat MAY??? provide a little more room(Supposed to be two inches) but the ride is less comfortable. Overall I do not recommend this seat. There is no increase in comfort almost no increase in leg room and the price is way more than it is worth. So far my experience with BRP engineering and quality of product is less than desirable. I should have gone with a regular trike. Okay I will stop crying over spilt milk. thanks for the shoulder R Chandler

Spyder Garage

For me, other than a not so perfect stock seat, I've had zero problems with my RT. Not saying they don't exist but haven't heard many horror stories.

Thought about the comfort seat also but figured Can Am had their shot at making my butt somewhat happy with the stock seat.

I think my money is going to be spent here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-olYX0eMLgE

Pat

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I love my RTL and so far think that the quality and engineering is great. Are there small things that could be different? Yes, but when you are trying to make something that fits everyone, sometimes some things suffer a little bit.

Stock limited seat is great for my wife, but not for me. My seat is getting custom built by Russell Daylong Saddles right now. Production started on the 15th so I am thinking it should be getting close to done by now. Can't wait to get it put on and try it out.

BajaRon Anti sway bar is going on this weekend and I am very anxious to feel the difference when riding 2 up fully loaded. Riding solo the stock bar worked fine for me, but there was a little to much body lean or roll for me when the weight of the extra passenger and load of luggage was added.

I added a power outlet under the passenger hand grip for heated gear I purchased from BajaRon.

After riding many kinds and style of bikes over the last 45 year and enjoying everyone of them, I only have one thing to say....I LOVE MY SPYDER!!!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seats are such a personal choice. I love my BRP Comfort Seat it has taken me on 30,000+ miles per year of comfortable riding. Sorry you aren't liking yours. People love Corbins's and Ultimate seats but I don't like them at all but that doesn't mean that they aren't a good seat. To each butt his own seat.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Seats are such a personal choice. I love my BRP Comfort Seat...To each butt his own seat.
    Bulls-eye!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post
    Had the heated comfort seat installed. ($218 FOR INSTALLATION WITH BACK REST) Heat works well comfort not so much! The original seat was more comfortable as far as sitting goes. The comfort seat MAY??? provide a little more room(Supposed to be two inches) but the ride is less comfortable. Overall I do not recommend this seat. There is no increase in comfort almost no increase in leg room and the price is way more than it is worth. So far my experience with BRP engineering and quality of product is less than desirable. I should have gone with a regular trike. Okay I will stop crying over spilt milk. thanks for the shoulder R Chandler
    although I haven't tried the heated comfort seat which just by the looks of the heat elements seen in the seat looks uncomfortable to me. I ride year around & considered it. I did however have the regular comfort seat on my 12rt & it was big difference. I'm quite happy with the improvement in the 15 Rt seat so staying with it for now.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Next Time

Next time give me a call, I could have saved you a bunch
    of $$$$ and you would have heat and comfort in your stock seat
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Seats are such a personal choice. I love my BRP Comfort Seat it has taken me on 30,000+ miles per year of comfortable riding. Sorry you aren't liking yours. People love Corbins's and Ultimate seats but I don't like them at all but that doesn't mean that they aren't a good seat. To each butt his own seat.
    The BRP Comfort Seat has worked great for me. I couldn't go more than 45 minutes on the stock seat without starting to complain. Now I don't ever "think" about the seat. Having the two extra inches of room, the seat being alittle higher, plus being firmer was the right combination for me. As a plus, the seat is heated (a great deal from iMotorsports). I've used the heat for every weekend ride this winter.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buying seats, is the ONE time that it makes sense to listen to a complete ass...

Your own!

Ann's right; it's too personal of a choice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very happy with my RT comfort seat.My ass loves it

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Bob is RIGHT

ONLY your ass can tell you if it's the right seat for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Buying seats, is the ONE time that it makes sense to listen to a complete ass...

Your own!

Ann's right; it's too personal of a choice...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    The BRP Comfort Seat has worked great for me. As a plus, the seat is heated (a great deal from iMotorsports)
    Ok, two happy customers, you & Stormtrooper have me second guessing my rock solid decision to buy the Mustang seat. The comfort seat would not require the passenger backrest replacement saving a couple hundred bucks!

Question, the imotorsports web page only quotes MSRP on the seat. Is there a secret handshake required to get the deal price?

Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEWKS View Post
    Ok, two happy customers, you & Stormtrooper have me second guessing my rock solid decision to buy the Mustang seat. The comfort seat would not require the passenger backrest replacement saving a couple hundred bucks!

Question, the imotorsports web page only quotes MSRP on the seat. Is there a secret handshake required to get the deal price?

Pat
    Call imotorsports & make an offer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    Call imotorsports & make an offer.
    Do you mean like, actually call and speak with somebody? Does that really work? Thanks happy, I may give them a shout this week.

Pat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Pat
    Pat- Bought it from them on Ebay. Charcoal Grey Comfort heated seat for $599.99 (free shipping). I just checked and they still have 2 left at this price. I have a black RT so the Charcoal Grey seat actually looks good on the bike.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Oscar! Now the heated seat just works as a plug & play with the grips? That would be nice if so.

Pat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Oscar! Now the heated seat just works as a plug & play with the grips? That would be nice if so.

Pat
    Yes, the same switch works both the grips and the seat. It's plug and play.

Spyder Garage

Pat

Spyder Garage

In my personal opinion the manufacturers seat on all bikes suck. I think this is on purpose to keep the seat industry alive. I mean if they put an actual decent seat on bikes how would mustang, corbin, etc stay in business. I have had several bikes with stock seats and they were all horrible, my suzuki cruiser wound up with a mustang seat and that was about the most comfortable seat i have ever had. My current Yamaha stock seat was horrible and the "comfort seat" from them was no better. I wound up having a guy on the forum site re-doing it from top to bottom on the original pan and is about 100% better now. My Spyder RS stock seat sucked too, i tried the corbin but did not care for that one too much as its hard and slippery. The RT seat is about the best stock seat i have had (i should hope so) but its still is not a great seat, after about an hour and a half i start noticing it and getting irritated. However i still think you made a good decision with a spyder. Until something better comes out its still beats a "regular" trike in pretty much all performance categories from what i have heard.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default 15 rt seat

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    although I haven't tried the heated comfort seat which just by the looks of the heat elements seen in the seat looks uncomfortable to me. I ride year around & considered it. I did however have the regular comfort seat on my 12rt & it was big difference. I'm quite happy with the improvement in the 15 Rt seat so staying with it for now.
    We purchased a new 15RT limited with comfort seat and I found it to be extremely comfortable. We just bought a heated seat from someone here on spyderlovers and installed it. I was sorry to remove the original seat but have found the heated seat just as comfortable. There is slightly better/more padding in the 2105 seat but both are acceptable. I did sit on a corbin seat and thought it was hard and slippery. Have not tried any others. Everyone has their own preference I guess.