Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Weekend farkling - installed TricLines amber fender and red fender LEDs

Due to some people mentioning these lights in a thread, I decided I had no choice but to install them.

I didn't get it done in the single hour some people stated - it too me that long to get the scissors jack out of my car, get the front end on jackstands, remove the front tires and locate all the tools I needed.
    Removing the wiring/lighting channels on top of the fenders would have been easy were it not for a screw with a completely striped out head. I had to drill it out, but I got it an removed the two plastic parts with the lighting, removed the old reflectors and put in TricLine LED reflectors.

This part was easy, and had I been satisfied at this part putting the bike back together would have been easy (TricLines instructions were very good and didn't miss anything)... but I had purchased the turn signal components, so I had to dig into the mirrors, tap into the turn signal '+' wire, snake it through the to fender. This involved a lot of zip ties and a few words I shouldn't have uttered.

When I tried to put it all back together the left side went smoothly, but with the extra turn signal gizmo and wiring connects I'd had to install, I couldn't properly fit the wires inside the fender channel and make it fit on the fender.

So I had to cut into the wires so I could extend them and put the connectors further away from where the front of the channel veers to the inside of the bike. I eventually got the channel back on the fender with all the extra wires neatly tucked inside. The lights are very bright, they blink Off when the turn signals blink ON. Since visibility is major component of bike safety, I've just increased my odds of avoiding a wreck.

My kit came with LEDs to replace the saddlebag reflectors, but that's for another weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

I had this farkle done during the summer. Just gives the other vehicles around you more of a chance to see you and know your intensions when making a turn. Also more lights on the Spyder is always a plus.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I forgot to show the finished product, which on this site means I didn't do it.

2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Due to some people mentioning these lights in a thread, I decided I had no choice but to install them.

I didn't get it done in the single hour some people stated
    it took me probably 2.5 hrs for the first side and an hour for the second

Removing the wiring/lighting channels on top of the fenders would have been easy were it not for a screw with a completely striped out head. I had to drill it out
    geez, now that's frustrating

This part was easy, and had I been satisfied at this part putting the bike back together would have been easy (TricLines instructions were very good and didn't miss anything)... but I had purchased the turn signal components, so I had to dig into the mirrors, tap into the turn signal '+' wire, snake it through the to fender.

When I tried to put it all back together the left side went smoothly, but with the extra turn signal gizmo and wiring connects I'd had to install, I couldn't properly fit the wires inside the fender channel and make it fit on the fender.

So I had to cut into the wires so I could extend them and put the connectors further away from where the front of the channel veers to the inside of the bike.
    the instructions were decent but no matter what I did with the stock wiring, there was no way to get the enclosed wiring components inside that channel already filled by the metal support tube for the fender...After more than an hour of frustration using different components from my on-hand terminals supply, I finally gave up trying and like you say, I'll have to extend the wires of the front white indicator light. The instructions should mention this problem. I tried the enclosed taps with spade connector, then those plain taps you feed both wires in and crimp, then positaps, but all were too big to fit. In hindsight, I probably would have pulled out my soldering iron and stripped, soldered, and used heat shrink tubing with no connectors at all to try to fit the wire into the channel. Even extending the wires, I question having room for crimp on connectors like butt or barrel connectors. So my fender covers are not quite snapped all the way into the slot over the A frame arms.
    I ran out of daylight to run the wire to the turn signals and saved that for another day when I pull the wheels and fenders again to fix it all.
    I did break out my torque wrench to tighten the wheel lug nuts
    to 80ft-lbs per the instructions.

My kit came with LEDs to replace the saddlebag reflectors, but that's for another weekend.
    I found this easier...I have to add that I purchased the 4 stop light kit as well and did it all together while parts were taken off as needed
    I'm overall satisfied with the products and will be happy once I'm finished with the last part of the install.
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

They look great!!!..........Another item to add to your Mod List..
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I had this farkle done @ the dealer ( when mine was in Hibernation) sometime between Oct. 2014 to April 2015. I also have the side markers ( Red Amber Safety Reflective from Tric-Led) Here is a picture: right side. Here is the picture of the red side Marker @ night:

and here is a picture of them @ night ( left side fender Amber, red + Red Rear Marker) Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue