Spyder Garage

Default Not so easy risers. Need install help

Ok so I got them and have been waiting until this weekend to install. Tore everything apart, cut off the old bars, now the hard part. I have been trying to get enough slack in wires etc to finish this project up. I think I have enough inn most of the wires except for the two from the clutch. I have been unable to get the cowl around the headlights apart to get better access to the front of frame to get in there. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Any pointers? There was a great video I watched a while back but I can't find it anywhere now.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Current: 2016 F3T Pure Magnesium
    Past: 2009 GS Phantom decked out in Transformers Decepticon badging, HMF Exhaust, HMF EFI Controller, K&N air filter, LED lighting

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WIRE ACCESS

....There is plenty of extra wire in there...go to the " custom dynamics " site I am pretty sure they have an install video......." E S I " risers.......I did mine long before the video, take off the upper panel on the right side and you can access some of the cable/wire ties ............Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi torquehound,

Re: Ok so I got them and . . .

When I first installed them on my '08 I had them backward. Check & make sure they are oriented correctly. The SM5 & the SE5 orientation is different.

And read the instructions carefully to see how the various cable are to be re-routed.

Just some thoughts; and good luck,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Mike is correct

Should be plenty of cable

Take off upper tupperware. shoule be a couple of wire ties holding cables including clutch cable.

Cut these zip ties and u should have enough

Spyder Garage

Default Got it

I finally got it. The video I watched a couple weeks ago is gone lol. Finding and getting the two zip ties that were holding stuff was the issue. Getting in to snip them was a challenge as was just finding them. I got it though. Love the change! It doesn't make it an F3 but dang what a difference!!! Now for the highway brackets...
    Past: 2009 GS Phantom decked out in Transformers Decepticon badging, HMF Exhaust, HMF EFI Controller, K&N air filter, LED lighting

Spyder Garage

Risers and highway pegs make a world of difference

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default same issue 08 - GS

Quote Originally Posted by torquehound View Post
    Ok so I got them and have been waiting until this weekend to install. Tore everything apart, cut off the old bars, now the hard part. I have been trying to get enough slack in wires etc to finish this project up. I think I have enough inn most of the wires except for the two from the clutch. I have been unable to get the cowl around the headlights apart to get better access to the front of frame to get in there. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Any pointers? There was a great video I watched a while back but I can't find it anywhere now.

How did you finally get to the cables/ties to find the slack? I am about to scream with the same issue...

Spyder Garage

Through the dash panel and through the plastic gas tank surround panels. I never could figure out the panels around the headlights. I only had two zip ties just below upper frame ends. After I got those two snipped it was a cinch. They are just above where all the wires plug into stuff that you can see through the space from that wrap around panel.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only safe way to do it is one bolt, one tie wire at a time, relax breath deep and you can do it. Initally it can be quite overwhelming if you let it. Another way is pay someone to do it, but then you are NOT BONDING WITH YOUR SPYDER.