Spyder Garage

Default Does Garmin Basecamp work on an Android tablet?

I always use Tyre for my mapping, but I use my laptop to do it from home. I'd like to use an LG Tablet while traveling. Does anyone use an Android based tablet to use any mapping programs?
    Tyre requires Windows and Internet Explorer to run right, and the LG tablet doesn't have Windows. Any thoughts?

Rick
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MZEMS2 View Post
    I always use Tyre for my mapping, but I use my laptop to do it from home. I'd like to use an LG Tablet while traveling. Does anyone use an Android based tablet to use any mapping programs?
    Tyre requires Windows and Internet Explorer to run right, and the LG tablet doesn't have Windows. Any thoughts?

Rick
    I use CoPilot GPS (ALK Technologies). I use the Windows Phone version but they also have it for Android and Apple devices. The app itself is free but I've got the paid version as I wanted to save multiple waypoint routes on it.

I've just checked on my Android Tablet and it is available for free but they also have paid 'premium' ones for the US and Europe - however the functionality of the free one looks good.The advantage of CoPilot is that the maps, route etc are on the device so if you don't have internet/data access it will still work fine.

One thing I have learnt - if you switch it to 'walking' mode remember to switch it back to bike or car mode as otherwise it get's confused why you can travel so fast and the routing goes to pot:-)

However I'm guessing if your using Basecamp/Tyre you already have a Garmin GPS system and this is to plan your routes to load onto your GPS device?

In which case Tyre do have a free app available that may do what your after, not tried it but I did notice it the other day when I was on their site. http://www.myrouteapp.com/en.

It says in the description it's available for Apple and Android (well it mentions Google Play).

I suspect the other issue you'd have would be getting the info from the Android Tablet and onto the Garmin.
    Last edited by PistonBlown; 01-17-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

I looked on the Garmin website and there are only 2 download options available. Windows and Mac. Sorry I did not see an Android version.

2018 F3 LIMITED