Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trunk lid fix

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I put one on my seat also . Had to use a couple flat washers to pinch the spring to the pin, but it works great.
    2012 RSS SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spring on the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by yrocodile View Post
    I put one on my seat also . Had to use a couple flat washers to pinch the spring to the pin, but it works great.
    How did you do it? I couldn't see were I could hook up a spring to stay near or on the pin. It is a great idea I now have one on the front trunk and love it. Rt 2012 Ltd RJ

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCowboy View Post
    How did you do it?I couldn't see were I couId hook up a spring to stay near or on the pin. It is a great idea I now have one on the front trunk and love it. Rt 2012 Ltd RJ
    I unbolted the pin and placed one washer under the spring and one at the first coil insert the pin through the spring and washers and retighten. You will need to fiddle with it to get the adjustment just right.
    2012 RSS SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCowboy View Post
    did you do it? I couldn't see I could hook up a spring to stay near or on the pin. It is a great idea I now have one on the front trunk and love it. Rt 2012 Ltd RJ
    I uploaded a photo but cannot seem to post it though. It is in my album though
    2012 RSS SE5