Spyder Garage

Default THIS LOOKS INTERESTING

Looks like this would work well for that pesky rear tire. The price is right. I am going to get one, and will post again to let all know how/if it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmo6...m_medium=email

Edit: Whoops! It's on back-order. Guess I'll have to wait.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 01-14-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be waiting to hear your report...
    Even though it's also on back-order!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have one that I got from hd. Only difference is you thread it on instead of clamp on. It works great!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As you attach or detach it; how much air do you lose from the tire?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hmmm..I wonder if one could be fabricated from an old tire pump, the hand powered kind..hmmm...
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Let us know how you like it when it shows up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quick search of ebay..http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...329363&alt=web
    Wonder if it would work?
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Looks like this would work well for that pesky rear tire. The price is right. I am going to get one, and will post again to let all know how/if it works.

Edit: Whoops! It's on back-order. Guess I'll have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I always use my trusty bicycle floor pump for all my motorcycle tires. Not the tiny portable kind you carry on a bicycle but a solid hand pump that stands on the floor. It has a hose and clamp just like that shown in the video. Works great. Even on the rear of the RT.

As for lost air, you have to be quick when you flip the lever up to unlock it and quickly pull it straight off. All you get then is a little puff of air. But if you don't get it off quickly, that puff becomes pretty large. I usually overfill a little and then bleed down to the correct pressure so even then it's not a problem.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

You can get them at WalMart either on a bicycle pump, or as a replacement part.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post

I wouldn't expend my money on it. It is nothing more than the air hose you find on bicycle pumps or 12 volt inflators. The chuck is a bit of a pain to get locked onto the valve stem and it leaks a fair amount of air when you release it. The only time I've found one to be worthwhile is to keep constant air pressure on my Hudson weed killer spray bottle from my air compressor so I don't have to keep pumping it.

This kind of chuck works very well.

This is the kind of chuck JT uses on his dual fill air hose. http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=53 It is easy to slip onto the valve stem and with a hose with a schrader valve it's easy to air up the rear tire. Very short psssst of air when you pull it off. If you buy one of JT's dual fill hoses you can connect just one end on the rear tire. A much better tool, IMO, than the air hose in the link above. I use one and airing the rear tire is hardly any more pain than airing a front tire! If you don't want to buy JTs hose you can get one of these chucks at most any auto parts store. Just put it on a short hose and a schrader valve on the other end you're all set!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 01-14-2016 at 09:32 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe bought us a mini compressor from Aerostitch that has the lock on valve stem and it broke! We are returning it and I am hoping that a replacement will not break. I also have the HD compressor that is the screw on type and you do lose a bit of air taking it off. It would be nearly impossible to fill your rear shock manually with the screw on one - you'd lose all the air before you got it off. If I remember correctly both units cost about $50.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I wouldn't expend my money on it. It is nothing more than the air hose you find on bicycle pumps or 12 volt inflators. The chuck is a bit of a pain to get locked onto the valve stem and it leaks a fair amount of air when you release it. The only time I've found one to be worthwhile is to keep constant air pressure on my Hudson weed killer spray bottle from my air compressor so I don't have to keep pumping it.

This kind of chuck works very well.

This is the kind of chuck JT uses on his dual fill air hose. http://spyderstore.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=53 It is easy to slip onto the valve stem and with a hose with a schrader valve it's easy to air up the rear tire. Very short psssst of air when you pull it off. If you buy one of JT's dual fill hoses you can connect just one end on the rear tire. A much better tool, IMO, than the air hose in the link above. I use one and airing the rear tire is hardly any more pain than airing a front tire! If you don't want to buy JTs hose you can get one of these chucks at most any auto parts store. Just put it on a short hose and a schrader valve on the other end you're all set!
    Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I have one of JT's dual fills & will give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So little it's not worth measuring. Since there's a valve stem on the end of the HD one I don't know if the little hiss I hear is from the extension itself or from the tire.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Quick search of ebay..http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...329363&alt=web
    Wonder if it would work?
    I don't think that will work. I don't think the threaded end is a schrader valve, just a plain screw in to pump. You need the lock at tire end and schrader valve at pump/fill end.