Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Does this affect the 2016's?
    The TSB is only mentioning the 2015 model year bikes; so I'd guess "no".
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi all,

There was indeed a proactive warranty campaign released on January 12th regarding chassis reinforcement on the F3 and F3 S, to halt or prevent a crack around the welding of the rear shock absorber upper bracket. The reinforcement kit will ensure full long-term structural reliability of the frame section. It's important to note that in the unlikely event any further crack or deformation should appear in the same area addressed by this warranty bulletin, BRP will cover this frame repair under a lifetime warranty.

Also note that this is not a safety recall. You should still get this bulletin performed to avoid any preventable damages. General dynamic behavior and handling capability are not affected.

Its good to see the move to preserve the integrity of the chassis, but why not solve the cause of the problem - the rear spring is too weak to prevent the rear suspension from bottoming out. You need to change the rear spring to eliminate the constant bottoming out impacts to the chassis. (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...up-shock/page3)

The constant bottoming out is like having a small jack hammer beating away at the chassis until metal/weld fatigue gives way.
    The cheap way to fix the problem is to reinforce the part of the chassis that is failing. The problem is that your reinforcing of the chassis in a specific area will only transfer the impact loads to the next weakest point in the chassis. Who knows where that would be - hint: it will be a part of the chassis connected to the rear shock absorber upper bracket.

It seems to me, this could become a safety issue if the upper rear shock frame/bracket fails, the rear of the bike could collapse causing a possible loss of control of the bike. BRP should not characterize this as a proactive warranty campaign.

My 2 cents. I will go back to riding my ST now...

Jerry

13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    Just heard news about F3 Warranty Campaign. Chassis reinforcement is needed due to reports of some F3 chassis breaking.
    Going to ring my dealer in morning to get some more clarification on issue. Apparently all F3 models are affected.
    Would be great to hear from others on this issue.
    I called my dealer and he didn't know anything about it. He said the parts would be auto shipped to him. He didn't seem to care anything about it either.

John

Spyder Garage

I called BRP today. They said it is a Recall and my bike was one of the ones recalled. They made case and assigned me a number. Now bak to the dealer...

John

Spyder Garage

How many total warranty campaigns have there been so far with the 2015 F3? I'm aware of the chassis and brake line. Any more??

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You Belong

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    which is a closed group so those of us who don't belong, can't read anything. Care to copy and paste the info?
    This is for 2015s, not ALL models. Also, it is considered a closed group on FB just so you don't get the whole world posting or trolling on the page. All you have to do is request access and tell Whit you are a spyder owner and he will approve you to join. A lot of good info is posted there.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Lamonster I know you use FB and I am hoping you will tell us how genuine this recall info is, its just come from nowhere.
    This is genuine, had it done on my last set of tires at dealer. No big deal where it is....under your seat'us...

Spyder Garage

I got mine done about 2 weeks ago after hearing about it on here alittle time ago. I asked the dealer if they knew about it and they said yes. I asked why they did not contact me? No answer. But they did have the parts on hand to do it right then. I just walked around while waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

I called my dealer and they ordered the bracket and installed it when I had my service last week.....

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Default Cover up

The fitting of the bracket is not a fix, only a cover-up . Bewarned the cracks and breakdown of the frame will still happen as anybody that knows anything about Fatigue in steel will verify.BRP should be held responsible BRP state that they will give a lifetime warranty on the frame , I ask how can this occur after they have done a COVER-UP REPAIR can they be trusted???????????? FIX IT UP NOW. Des Downunder in AUS.

Spyder Garage

I also installed the new occ. 2 up shock made a world of difference in handling & ride, well worth the $215 I spent

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sinner45 View Post
    I also installed the new occ. 2 up shock made a world of difference in handling & ride, well worth the $215 I spent

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Can you install this shock with just a Decent Jack and wrenches or is there anything more involved.
    I'm good at the front shock swapping! Is the rear different?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The process should be about the same... Jack up underneath the bike to take the load off of the shock, unbolt, remove, replace, and re-bolt...
    IF you have enough room to access the mounting hardware!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 04-22-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default chassis reinforcement

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi all,

There was indeed a proactive warranty campaign released on January 12th regarding chassis reinforcement on the F3 and F3 S, to halt or prevent a crack around the welding of the rear shock absorber upper bracket. The reinforcement kit will ensure full long-term structural reliability of the frame section. It's important to note that in the unlikely event any further crack or deformation should appear in the same area addressed by this warranty bulletin, BRP will cover this frame repair under a lifetime warranty.

Also note that this is not a safety recall. You should still get this bulletin performed to avoid any preventable damages. General dynamic behavior and handling capability are not affected.
    some on the forums have replaced the rear shock. does BRP have a better shock for F 3 and whats the part number and price,thanks

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3 upgraged shock

Quote Originally Posted by lazor1 View Post
    some on the forums have replaced the rear shock. does BRP have a better shock for F 3 and whats the part number and price,thanks
    Part#219400739 ($179+tax), just installed mine this week, big difference/improvement over stock!!
    Phatjac

2015 F3s - sold
    2016 RTS - sold
    2016 F3 Ltd Special Series
    2016 RTS (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phatjac View Post
    Part#219400739 ($179+tax), just installed mine this week, big difference/improvement over stock!!
    Did you order the shock through BRP or somewhere online? I want to do this but I have a few small parts from BRP online and it took forever to get them and they were only about $8 for each part.
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Put the new shock on yesterday and rode for a good 70 miles. Much improved- as dramatic of an upgrade as an alignment or sway bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

So when BMW had a problem with there suspension this what they did.
    Told riders to stop riding.

BMW Motorrad USA has given owners a choice of three options.

Those happy to wait will be compensated $2,500 (£1,470) once the repair is complete. Owners wanting a loan bike will be provided with one until a repair on their bike is complete, providing them also with $1,000 (£587) to use against BMW accessories or the payment of their RT. For owners no longer wanting to keep their R1200RT, BMW Motorrad USA will buy the bike back from them at original purchase price and give them $1,000 to use towards the purchase of a different BMW motorcycle

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz46sT2qt17

Spyder Garage

Default safety

Had the upgraded shock & spring put on at dealers last week, gave me the old parts. Anyone know what there good for? Trash? Didn't like the idea of paying for the spring? BRP should of fixed this on their dime.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieIndia View Post
    Had the upgraded shock & spring put on at dealers last week, gave me the old parts. Anyone know what there good for? Trash? Didn't like the idea of paying for the spring? BRP should of fixed this on their dime.
    Be careful. I wrote something similar (along with a few other issues) in another thread, and several members on here seemed like they were going to bite my head off! You'd better watch out now... just sayin! LOL
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post
    Be careful. I wrote something similar (along with a few other issues) in another thread, and several members on here seemed like they were going to bite my head off! You'd better watch out now... just sayin! LOL
    The old people around here get grouchy when it gets close to nap time. Don't pay it any mind. [emoji38] [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default F3 recall

Found my model number on EC Certificate of conformity, mines on list so I will await dealer call.
    Don't wait for your dealer to call. Mine wasn't even made aware until I informed THEM. I just had mine done today.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post
    The problem is that many here would rather excuse away the engineering defect in the F3 than to admit they paid so much money for a bike with problems. It's like it reflects on them somehow so they will use all kind of excuses. I feel that this is the reason mother BRP has not fixed the problems. Why should they when their customers make excuses for them....
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I GET IT - HOWEVER

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    The problem is that many here would rather excuse away the engineering defect in the F3 than to admit they paid so much money for a bike with problems. It's like it reflects on them somehow so they will use all kind of excuses. I feel that this is the reason mother BRP has not fixed the problems. Why should they when their customers make excuses for them....
    There is another similar thread " NEW FRAME F3s " started by member " Des " I posted a comment and go see what Capt. Bob from Fla. had to say to me ...... It's so enlightening what some of the New people can teach us Old timers Mike