Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

For me it was all about safety. I prefer to strap my grandkids in next to me in my Slingshot instead of putting them behind me and telling them to hold on tight! That's why I sold my Spyder. My youngest grandson is all smiles when I pick him up from preschool. Last Thursday it was raining, I left the Slingshot in the garage. He told me, "Grandpa, where's the Slingshot? I don't mind getting wet?"

They love "surfin the asphalt" and so do I!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My only comment is, I found it a lot easier for me to get on and off my Spyder, than to try to climb in and climb out of a Slingshot. Plus, you might be thrown from the accident with a Spyder rather than being trapped in the Slingshot. The article did seem to favor the door slammer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    My only comment is, I found it a lot easier for me to get on and off my Spyder, than to try to climb in and climb out of a Slingshot.
    I couldn't agree with you more. It's a PITA to get in/out!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Randy,
    Do you get both feet in, before sitting down? I found that worked easier that trying to pull that last leg up over the rails, after my butt was already down in the seat!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Randy,
    Do you get both feet in, before sitting down? I found that worked easier that trying to pull that last leg up over the rails, after my butt was already down in the seat!
    I have a top so I have to be creative. I want to get these: http://www.slingshotforums.com/threa...-3#post-223083

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Carry a pocketknife, and sewing kit...

Spyder Garage

It is a shame that the Solstice went out of production when it did. Even my 2008 Solstice seems to outperform both of these as tested.

At 155 hp with a mushy suspension the Miata just isn't up to the task plus it's ugly.

With 173 hp from the Ecotec the Slingshot puts out a lot of rubber dust even with traction control, plus it is uncomfortable.

If GM could only put out a rag top sports car pushing out 400 hp that could be a winner.

the new Buick just needs to have the top go down.......http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...detroit-debut/

and it would be close but the Solstice is prettier.

Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I actually preferred the styling of the Solstice's sibling: the Saturn Sky...

But they're BOTH pretty darn sharp-looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 01-12-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

I liked the Saturn, except for all the shiny stuff

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

I like them but Lamont hit it on the head... This is a car... Steering wheel and all. Still want to drive one asap lol
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post

I liked the Saturn, except for all the shiny stuff
    I ride an RT Limited...

I LIVE for the shiny stuff!!

arntufun

Despite what some folks might say on this forum, the Slingshot does not handle like a car........... Please don't be foolish and think you can jump in and think you can control a Slingshot like a 4 wheel vehicle. Please have a little common sense as a three wheel vehicle will not handle like a 4 wheel one ....... Those folks are not well informed.......

Spyder Garage

Isn't some government agency trying to call all the side by side 3 wheelers "auto cycles"?

john

Spyder Garage

Have to agree with Randy. You can't drive a Slingshot like a car just as you can't drive a Spyder like a standard trike. End agreement.

While there is much debate over whether the Slingshot is a car or trike, most states are calling it an autocycle. Which is a fitting description. The design of the Slingshot is the very reason some states have banned it being registered for road use because according to their laws it can't be defined as either.

On a personal note,I do not like the Slingshot. #1- I have a hard time entering and exiting. #2- I feel like I'm sitting in an extremely tight space and my feet are too close together on the controls. #3- Operator visibility is very limited. Unless you get the high end model with the rearview camera, you can't see behind you. Low seating restricts forward sightline. Now If I were a tall person, forward sightline may be better. I don't know about braking issues, didn't drive one far enough to have to use the brakes that much.

If you prefer to drive a Slingshot, have at it. I don't care what you drive, just don't rub it in anyone's face and think you're better than anyone else.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I ride an RT Limited...

I LIVE for the shiny stuff!!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjc58nT4hUA

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Isn't some government agency trying to call all the side by side 3 wheelers "auto cycles"?

john
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=autocycle

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)