Thread: F3 Can Am bags

Spyder Garage

Post F3 Can Am bags

Does anyone have the can am F3 bags? I am interested in them but! You know there is always a but. This is what it said in the description:

Finished in high-end vinyl and with a metal chrome side hinge - Water-resistant and top loading

Now I am wondering, I would like them to be water Proof not just resistant. Any one have some input????

Thanks in advance
    HAPPY FORMER OWNER of 2008 PE 3016

Spyder Garage

Default waterproof so far for me

the insides of them are basically molded plastic with a vinyl outer layer to "look nice". There is a rubber gasket around the opening. So far they've been waterproof for me and that's been in some heavy rains. That said, if you look through the history here or do a search on saddlebags, you will find people who have not had the same experience as me.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I will do a search for bags... I was hoping for the experience you had but was concerned that they would leak or worse.

Spyder Garage

I left my Spyder out in the rain the other night and checked in the am.. Mine don't leak at all.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Saddle Bags

I purchased the bags not long after buying the F3. And after installing them. I did not like the way they looked.
    I put them back in the box and I think I will wait for the new style to come out which they are putting on the
    2016 F3-T. They looked so much better in the book and video. But was dissapointed when I recieved them.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure what I am going to do. The ones on the 2016 do look nice. I bet they will cost more too.

Spyder Garage

Default F3T bags

Quote Originally Posted by sg2848775 View Post
    I purchased the bags not long after buying the F3. And after installing them. I did not like the way they looked.
    I put them back in the box and I think I will wait for the new style to come out which they are putting on the
    2016 F3-T. They looked so much better in the book and video. But was dissapointed when I recieved them.

I think that the bags on the F3T are non removable as they incorporate the tail lights and directional. Also the rear fender is different to fit with these bags.

Bert
    2015 F3-S
    2015 F3S , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydsense View Post
    Does anyone have the can am F3 bags? I am interested in them but! You know there is always a but. This is what it said in the description:

Finished in high-end vinyl and with a metal chrome side hinge - Water-resistant and top loading

Now I am wondering, I would like them to be water Proof not just resistant. Any one have some input????

Thanks in advance
    Great question... I am wondering if spraying silicone would help or hurt ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latinojj View Post
    Great question... I am wondering if spraying silicone would help or hurt ?
    spraying silicone on what? the gasket that goes around the opening? Not sure what that would do. If it's something to keep the rubber of the gasket flexible, I can't see how it would hurt, but other than that not sure what you'd get out of it.

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

corbin bags are the way to go. designed to look right on the f3!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    spraying silicone on what? the gasket that goes around the opening? Not sure what that would do. If it's something to keep the rubber of the gasket flexible, I can't see how it would hurt, but other than that not sure what you'd get out of it.

Sorry about that.. I meant spraying the bag itself..would it would repel water... or would it damage the physical make up of the vinyl and have a adverse affect... Reason I asked, I sprayed water proofing on water proof rain gear... it made it porous!!! It made for a miserable trip ! : )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latinojj View Post
    Sorry about that.. I meant spraying the bag itself..would it would repel water... or would it damage the physical make up of the vinyl and have a adverse affect... Reason I asked, I sprayed water proofing on water proof rain gear... it made it porous!!! It made for a miserable trip ! : )
    The bags themselves are not vinyl. They're solid molded plastic -- water tight. You can fill it with water like a bucket. The lid is also molded plastic. The vinyl is only an overlay to "look nice". The only way water can get in is around the opening of the lid. There's a gasket there. I've had no trouble with water getting in, the gasket on my bags must fit well. I suspect there have been issues with the gasket, or not getting the lid closed right, and that allowed some water into the bag.

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    corbin bags are the way to go. designed to look right on the f3!
    Chuck, with bags I have seen from Corbin lately I would avoid them. They look nice but the quality of late has been questionable.

Spyder Garage

This may help

http://www.carryology.com/liking/ind...ter-resistant/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The bags themselves are not vinyl. They're solid molded plastic -- water tight. You can fill it with water like a bucket. The lid is also molded plastic. The vinyl is only an overlay to "look nice". The only way water can get in is around the opening of the lid. There's a gasket there. I've had no trouble with water getting in, the gasket on my bags must fit well. I suspect there have been issues with the gasket, or not getting the lid closed right, and that allowed some water into the bag.
    Excellent info! Thanks VONDALYN !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Chuck, with bags I have seen from Corbin lately I would avoid them. They look nice but the quality of late has been questionable.
    carol bought a set at spyderquest and we got them on about a month ago. they look really good. I think they got the quirks worked out from the initial f3 bags! gotta get a picture to post, but haven't got the tire tracks on them yet.

Spyder Garage

Default SHAD Saddlebags

I installed SHAD saddlebags on my F3 S [very similar to GIVI's]. A major advantage to me is each will take 2 full face helmets and they are quickly detachable. I've NEVER had a leakage problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydsense View Post

Thanks in advance
    I have had the Can AM Bags since July 2015, love them. I have been in several heavy rains with no leakage, bags have a rubber seal around door edges much like a car with a track runoff. Only thing I have noticed is a little moisture build up but I am in a high humidity area, throw a moisture absorbent device in it just in case.....

Spyder Garage

You can actually ice down your drinks with these bags......lol

Spyder Garage

After BRP.CARE replaced my first set, I have had no problems with them. I do use the liners, "just in case" for heavy down pours.

2015 F3-S owner

Spyder Garage

Default Picture

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    carol bought a set at spyderquest and we got them on about a month ago. they look really good. I think they got the quirks worked out from the initial f3 bags! gotta get a picture to post, but haven't got the tire tracks on them yet.
    Please, do you mind to post a close picture to the left hand side one?
    thanks

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet