Spyder Garage

Default Albuquerque,NM Best Dealer for Damage Repair

Need some info, My Spyder was stolen in Albuquerque, NM. On 1-1-16. PD has recovered it and it body damage from being broken into and ing damage where key goes. Insurance co wants to repair it who is the best in the area to do the repairs. I'm in Mesa, AZ. Trying to work with the PD and Ins co.
    Jim Campbell
    Grand Forks, ND

jimgf@gra.midco.net
    701-739-1505

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Need some info, My Spyder was stolen in Albuquerque, NM. On 1-1-16. PD has recovered it and it body damage from being broken into and ing damage where key goes. Insurance co wants to repair it who is the best in the area to do the repairs. I'm in Mesa, AZ. Trying to work with the PD and Ins co.
    Jim Campbell
    Grand Forks, ND

jimgf@gra.midco.net
    701-739-1505
    The Spyder is in Albuquerque and I'm in Mesa, AZ I need a Albuquerque dealer to do the repairs

Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear this, seems to be something that is happening more and more lately. We had 2 Spyders that were damaged in theft attempts during Las Vegas Bike Fest this year. It looks like you have 3 dealers to choose from, actually 2 dealers and 3 locations. R & S is a Platinum dealer.

Good luck.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Angry SPYDER REPAIRS

..........Sorry to hear about this, as far as repairs go......IMO nothing is going to " REPAIRED "...the broken /damaged parts are going to be REPLACED with new OEM painted parts from BRP.......So anyone who can put them on is going to as good as anyone else...................In the old days when you were dealing with metal and actual repairing it and then painting this mattered, but your Spyder is really a lot different .....................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's now a "pull and replace" World...
    Sorry to hear that this happened; the best of luck with getting everything put back to normal!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

On a side note do you know anything about how it was stolen did they loaded on a trailer or did they drive it away after breaking the lock/ ignition?

Spyder Garage

Post Stolen Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by ITWorkerBee View Post
    On a side note do you know anything about how it was stolen did they loaded on a trailer or did they drive it away after breaking the lock/ ignition?
    That is a good question. How did they take it. I thought the spyder's security system would prevent anyone from moving the spyder without the key.

Blade

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your loss, if you don't mind me asking where was it when stolen?
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Default Stolen

Sorry to hear about your misfortune!
    R&S is the dealer in ABQ if your on the esat side the one on Lomas. The mechanic at the mechanic at the Lomas location is really good don't know about body work or what other kind of damage you incurred!
    West side Coors bypass
    Hate to say but one of the reasons I left Albuquerque to much crime.
    My wife won't take the Spyder and trailer to Albuquerque says it will get stolen!

Good Luck any other questions just ask.

Larry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune!
    R&S is the dealer in ABQ if your on the esat side the one on Lomas. The mechanic at the mechanic at the Lomas location is really good don't know about body work or what other kind of damage you incurred!
    West side Coors bypass
    Hate to say but one of the reasons I left Albuquerque to much crime.
    My wife won't take the Spyder and trailer to Albuquerque says it will get stolen!

Good Luck any other questions just ask.

Larry
    Well Everyone here is the short version. I was traveling from ND to Mesa, Az. Stayed at the Drury Hotel 4310 The 25 Way Northeast, Albuquerque, NM. Parked in well lit hotel parking lot over night went to leave 1-1-16 8:00am. Spyder was on a drop-tail trailer (Brand) hocked up to my car. Coupler had a lock on it. Lock was cut , trailer and Spyder was gone. Motel said they were sorry and hoped I would stay again. PD called me this morning and said they found it. Insurance called and when PD releases the Spyder they will have it towed to Copart in pound lot. No one can tell me if the Spyder is on the trailer or not. Called PD 3 times today and no one has called me back, sound like the auto theft Division is very busy.
    Not sure what to do. Found a trucking company that will hall it to Mesa if it's pusable and don't need a fork lift for 250.00. I want it in Mesa so I can over see the repair and take it back if it's not done right.
    Trailer and Spyder are insured by 2 different company's.
    If it on the trailer I'm in great shape, have a guy who will tow it to Mesa.
    If it's not on the trailer does anyone know of a Drop-Tail trailer for sale that would be perfect to purchase a trailer. Maybe not PD may find the trailer and than I would own 2 trailers.
    Sounds like all trunks and side cases were broken open and ignition was all bused up and some of the dash.
    Anyone have a idea of who I should have fix it in the Mesa area?

Jim

Spyder Garage

Default My 2 cents

Other posters are correct R&S is the dealer in Albuquerque. I would avoid the R&S Westside dealer like the plague! They will rip you off. Stay with the East side location on Lomas if it stays here in Burque! This is from experience.......
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Repair Places in East Valley

I use RideNow Sports on AZ Avenue in Chandler for all of my work on my 08 ST. I hear Apache Motorcycle in Mesa does work too but I cant vouch for them RideNow does good work, but you have ti schedule and it isn't always done when they promise it.

Nice people though!

Spyder Garage

Sorry this happened. I am assuming this was an open trailer. Another reason I have always preferred enclosed trailers. They can still be broken into but the original temptation is not there. What can't be seen can't be lusted after. I have always been tempted to paint "Poisonous Snakes Beware" on my trailers but then there would only be more curiosity.

I bought my first Spyder from Apache Motorsports and was pleased but management has now changed and the place is filling up with Ride Now rejects. Ride Now has a terrible reputation and could not really recommend one over the other. My advice is to get the thing out of "burkee" as soon as possible. We spent many a night in "burkee" and Santa Fe driving back and forth when my son went to the Air Force Academy. Never really felt safe in either.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Sorry this happened. I am assuming this was an open trailer. Another reason I have always preferred enclosed trailers. They can still be broken into but the original temptation is not there. What can't be seen can't be lusted after. I have always been tempted to paint "Poisonous Snakes Beware" on my trailers but then there would only be more curiosity.

I bought my first Spyder from Apache Motorsports and was pleased but management has now changed and the place is filling up with Ride Now rejects. Ride Now has a terrible reputation and could not really recommend one over the other. My advice is to get the thing out of "burkee" as soon as possible. We spent many a night in "burkee" and Santa Fe driving back and forth when my son went to the Air Force Academy. Never really felt safe in either.

Jack
    I have a trucking company hauling my damaged Spyder to Mesa. I want to get it repaired in Phoenix area. It was stolen in Albuqueque and has a lot of damage.

I'm staying at Apache Wells in Mesa and looking for a dealer to fix it any ideas who may do the best and honest work?

Jim Campbell