Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default For Sale: New Frunk Semi-hard Suitcase !

This case (with built in handle and rollers) came with my new 2015 LTD this year, it has never used and I wish to sell it for $150 with free shipping to lower USA. If purchased new I believe they go for $209.00 so this is a deal for anyone interested.

SOLD FOR THE ASKING PRICE :-)
    Last edited by View from behind; 01-08-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

You may need to reconsider your price. I found mine on EBay 119.00 and free shipping brand new.
    Mods:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Bob View Post
    You may need to reconsider your price. I found mine on EBay 119.00 and free shipping brand new.
    If you're going to say something like this; you should provide a link to the product as proof...
    But it's a bit rude to jump someone on their pricing in a public forum. Either let them see no sales interest as a sign that the price is too high, or send them a PM...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

, he did not ask you if you thought it was a good price, he posted what he wanted for it.

(it is not polite to hijack someones post and then call them out because you don't agree with the price, in the future if you are trying to be helpful send them a PM.)

NUFF SAID

Getting off my soap box for now.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So opinions are not welcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Of course they are...
    By why would anybody try and dynamite a person's chance to make a sale?
    If you let the price speak for itself; the market will decide...

Please remember that you're not talking about opinions of helmet usage, tire pressures, oils to use, shift rpm levels, speeding, alcohol checkpoints, what to pack, what to wear, which model is best, which engine is best, or anything else...
    You're actually interfering with something that only affects you, if you're interested in buying the product.

Think about it this way:
    If you're out in your driveway, and you're trying to sell your car to someone who has expressed an interest in it; how would you feel if some stranger walked up, and started offering "opinions" about your price?

Give the seller a fair chance; that's all...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 01-06-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you're going to say something like this; you should provide a link to the product as proof...
    But it's a bit rude to jump someone on their pricing in a public forum. Either let them see no sales interest as a sign that the price is too high, or send them a PM...
    Perhaps he is trying to prevent another member from paying to much. I have seen other members sale items sometimes at a ridicules price and a newbie sometimes would not know this and pay it only to regret the sale later. I see no reason why he should not be entitled to his opinion or be chastised for it. Free market should also be free speech. When you advertise something for sale on a Forum you have to expect opinions. Otherwise it should be sold on Ebay or Craigslist where a certain amount of privacy would exist between seller and buyer. Advertising something on a forum for sale is probably not the best thing in the world if you do not want others opinions. Other forums I belong to allows items for sale in the For Sale only section and not in the general discussion. I personally think this is best but it is not my site.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Jack,
    I can understand trying to be helpful...

...But it's still got to be up to the buyer.

All that I'm saying; is don't try and get in the way of someone who's trying to make a sale...

Spyder Garage

This was properly posted in the "For Sale" section.

And i stand by my opinion.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Hi Jack,
    I can understand trying to be helpful...

...But it's still got to be up to the buyer.

All that I'm saying; is don't try and get in the way of someone who's trying to make a sale...

QUIT SAYING HI JACK, every time you say that some TSA guy comes by and tries to pat me down.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    This was properly posted in the "For Sale" section.

And i stand by my opinion.

Cruzr Joe

Understand but the problem with this site is it also shows up in the Forum sections. I belong to the BMWMOA, BMWSportouring, HOG, WR250R and several other Forums. Non of these cross post in the For Sale and the Forums section. If you post a For Sale item it is only in the For Sale section and not the general Forum sections. If it is in the Forum Sections also it is certainly subject to Opinions and this is what a forum is all about and not truly a place to advertise items for sale. It is definitely not the normal. I can see why Lamont does it this way but he is in the business of selling and uses this site to do so as is his perrogitive since he owns this site.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

QUIT SAYING HI JACK, every time you say that some TSA guy comes by and tries to pat me down.

Cruzr Joe
    Oops...

Hi "Anonymous"!

Spyder Garage

Oops...

Hi "Anonymous"!
    Anonymous here over and out!
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Did everyone see how we disagreed on something, and yet we never called each other bad names or shot anyone.

YET,

Anonymous

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    So the price got ridiculed?

Pretty sure you meant ridiculous......

Sorry had to do it since this thread got both ridiculous and ridiculed

Bob
    Close but no Cigar Bob. Actually you still don't have it right. I typed in redicules and went to spell check and it would only give me ridicule. I gave up. Too damned big a word for me to be using anyway! Ridiculous---see you knew what I meant anyway!

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Did everyone see how we disagreed on something, and yet we never called each other bad names or shot anyone.

YET,

Anonymous

Not so fast Joe. I'm trying to think of some bad names to call you but I can't.

You are correct though, some people get irate and go off if anyone disagrees with their opinion. Actually, I have become suspicious of people now

who do agree with me.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Whatchoo Talkin bout, Willis?

Regardless of who said what to whom, that poor guy definitely isn't selling his bag for $150 anymore

But to be honest, as a young, impressionable newbie, I would rather pay someone on this site $150 for the bag than some clown on Craiglists $119. At least here I'm mostly confident I will get what I paid for.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Of course they are...
    By why would anybody try and dynamite a person's chance to make a sale?
    If you let the price speak for itself; the market will decide...

Please remember that you're not talking about opinions of helmet usage, tire pressures, oils to use, shift rpm levels, speeding, alcohol checkpoints, what to pack, what to wear, which model is best, which engine is best, or anything else...
    You're actually interfering with something that only affects you, if you're interested in buying the product.

Think about it this way:
    If you're out in your driveway, and you're trying to sell your car to someone who has expressed an interest in it; how would you feel if some stranger walked up, and started offering "opinions" about your price?

Give the seller a fair chance; that's all...

I understand what you say there bob.

I guess it's all about perception.

I've posted stuff for sale on a different forum and been advised I was asking to much and also to little by members and appreciated the knowledge and the heads up.

Maybe he was trying to dynamite a sale, maybe you he was trying to be helpful or maybe he was just real pleased with the deal he got on his bags and wanted to share! Lol

Anyhoo have a great day. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

So, my suggestion to the Original Poster.
    Ask what price you think you want for the piece. If it's too high, you won't get any traffic.

OH, and by the way, this thread has been completely hijacked. You might want to erase the entire thread and start a new one so that the sale of your item is the primary focus of the thread.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Not so fast Joe. I'm trying to think of some bad names to call you but I can't.

You are correct though, some people get irate and go off if anyone disagrees with their opinion. Actually, I have become suspicious of people now

who do agree with me.

Jack

If you get stumped ................. I can help by remembering some names that i have been called in the past.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default no sale now

I guess Spyder Bob has, along with a lot of others help, successfully prevented the original posters sale. Spyder Bob on purpose or not was rude, after Bob D pointed this out everyone else just jumped in to totally hijack this thread to point of extinction. I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves. And yes everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion, including me.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Ifg people "wanted" to do the right thing.... They can go in and delete thier response posts leaving the original for sale ad intact.

I will start by deleting mine which was off the entire topic anyway.

Next.....

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I will wait for "Spyder Bob" to delete his and then i will delete mine because at that point it will be irrelevant.

Cruzr Joe