Spyder Garage

Default When to Farkle.....SpyderFest?

I have many farkles I want to put on my Spyder such as sway bar, shocks, seat ect. Just wondering if it's best to wait till SpyderFest? ... Do they offer better deals and installation at SpyderFest?... Or is it best to order online and install it yourself?
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of the vendors offer Spyderfest discounts and they have installation available there for a fee. Besides the cost, the main problem may be getting it waiting to get it done at the event and having to forego some rides, etc., which you wait. The other downside is that while you wait, you find all sorts of other stuff to buy!!

If you have the knowledge and confidence to do the installs yourself, you could save a few buck on installation by ordering and installing ahead of the 'fest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The vendors can get so busy with installations, that it might be tough to schedule an installation... Save the easier stuff for home... But definitely let the Pros handle the big jobs!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I can recall seeing Ultimate Seats, TricLED, and SpyderPops doing installs of items purchased from them at Spyderfest. I also recall there being some pretty long lines of folks waiting to get stuff done, so just a heads up. Though to everyone's credit, looked like they moved through those installs pretty quickly given the space and setup constraints.

I guess the thing to consider is the trade-off....waiting to have stuff installed or going out on rides etc. The stuff you mention doesn't really take long to put on, but if its you and 50+ others having the same thing done, there is going to be some down time while you wait to have it done.

Myself, I had no problem getting what I wanted then installed it when I got home.

That's my .02

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does MOGang put out an event schedule early so you can plan your installs around the events you want to participate in?

i definitely want to add some lights and perhaps get a laser alignment.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 01-04-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I would imagine a real long wait if you wanted a Laser Alignment...
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Laser alignments are handled on a first come basis and should not be too much of a problem unless you wait too long.

PM Spyderann01 and see if they will be making appointments.

Tell her Cruzr Joe sent you.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by revjvegas View Post
    I can recall seeing Ultimate Seats, TricLED, and SpyderPops doing installs of items purchased from them at Spyderfest. I also recall there being some pretty long lines of folks waiting to get stuff done, so just a heads up. Though to everyone's credit, looked like they moved through those installs pretty quickly given the space and setup constraints.

I guess the thing to consider is the trade-off....waiting to have stuff installed or going out on rides etc. The stuff you mention doesn't really take long to put on, but if its you and 50+ others having the same thing done, there is going to be some down time while you wait to have it done.

Myself, I had no problem getting what I wanted then installed it when I got home.

That's my .02
    I have absolutely no mechanical talent, and a toolbox to match! But I was able to install my Ultimate seat at home, all by myself, in under an hour. Everything else I've had done by the pros.

Deke

Spyder Garage

Default Gawking

I plan on doing a lot of gawking and talking while at SpyderFest and then deciding what I really want to add to the Spyder RTL. Looking at lights, shocks, seat, and graphics. Already have the sway bar, bump and skid plate, laser alignment from Squared Up / Spyderanne01 and Capt James. Man time is going to drag until the end of April.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Elka is normally there and usually has one heck of deal going on and you might as well let them install.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had several installs and services done at Spyderfest last year and never had to wait very long. The only place that the waiting list was too long for me was at La Monster Garage for a laser alignment. I went back to the vendor area where Squared Away got me in quickly and did a great job. When there is a wait, many vendors will tell you approximately when they will be ready for you so you can go do something else, then come back and get taken care of without much waiting. I was very satisfied with every vendor I worked with.

Spyder Garage

Elka did indeed have a great deal. Bought mine at Pitbull with free install. Saved 2 hours dealer labor. My longest wait was for Tricled. Lamontster had a back up also. And great deals also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL