Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Gloves

My wife has both types of gloves and she likes the battery the best as when she gets off the bike her hands stay warm, the grips keep one side warm and the gloves keep the back of her hands warm, she keeps them on med. and they last all day, we rode a polar bear run on New Years day and it started out at 28 and never got above 40, we started at 9:00 am and rode till 4 PM. She also rides with a heated jacket and pants that are wired to the bike , I installed a jack on her RT and it only took several hours to complete.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use these, might as well go to Warm and Safe.http://www.warmnsafe.com/heated-gloves/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

If you are interested in heated gear (wired) I'd be happy to quote you pricing. I carry Firstgear (which is simply re-branded Warm & Safe). Very good quality. My pricing is usually a fair amount less than what you'll pay anywhere else.

Both battery and wired systems have their advantages. Generally, for shorter rides in milder temperatures a good set of battery pack gloves will do the job. Batteries can last all day depending on how much heat they have to provide.

Wired will give you unlimited heat for any length of time. Wiring isn't that difficult and you only have to do it once. And if you're going to get a heated jacket liner or more (pants, socks) then wired is really the only way to go.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Follow up (1/6/16): I received the Mobile Warming LTD Max Heated Gloves today. The fingers were too long as they always are for me with gloves. I tried them in the house. They didn't get particularly warm with the battery set on 100%. I'm returning them. I will update you on whatever I find that works.

I went to a local dealer. He had a very limited supply of heated gloves. I tried a number of them on. The sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer because they use Roulette wheels to determine the size. I went home with the Venture Epic 2.0 battery heated gloves. They worked well in the store. This weekend, I will try them on the bike in the cold.

John

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

I received the Gerbing heated gloves for Christmas and tried them out this past weekend. AMAZING!! My hands are cold 95% of the time which puts me behind the 8 ball before I even get on my Spyder. Hubby also hooked me up with overpants. I was nice and toasty for our ride.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brettssunshine View Post
    I received the Gerbing heated gloves for Christmas and tried them out this past weekend. AMAZING!! My hands are cold 95% of the time which puts me behind the 8 ball before I even get on my Spyder. Hubby also hooked me up with overpants. I was nice and toasty for our ride.
    Yesterday, I watched a youtube presentation by Venture Heat about their battery operated gloves. The person from Venture said that the battery and bike powered gloves have the same amount of heat and heating elements are the same. But, the bike powered has longer longevity whereas the batteries are only good for 2 hours. However, one can continue to use the battery gloves when they get off the bike. So, for longer trips one would need an extra set of batteries.

Personally, I don't want to be attached to the bike by wires. I also don't like full-faced helmets because they seem too confining. I won't wear a balaclava in cold weather because I like the feel of wind on my face... It is all a matter of personal preference. However, the data suggests that bike and battery power provide the same amount of heat.

John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For a very short period they will be even on heat until the battery pack starts to drain versus the wired version which is constantly being charged and the heat will stay consistent.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

for $200 bones i hope they work great, let us know about a cold weather test.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    for $200 bones i hope they work great, let us know about a cold weather test.
    Cold? weather test. 1/8/16. Today was 41 degrees F. It wasn't very cold. But, it was what it was. I started out with the gloves on high. After 15 minutes my hands started to sweat. I lowered the heat to medium. After 15 minutes, my hands were still sweating. I lowered the heat to low. After 15 minutes, my hands were still sweating. So, I switched the heat off. I continued riding for an hour and a half at an average speed of 50 mph. When I got home, my hands were a little cool, but not cold. My guess it that they will do fine in cold weather. Comfort? They are bulky and uncomfortable like any well insulated winter glove.

John

Spyder Garage

I have 2 full heated venture suits.and gloves have used for years and they are.great they heat very well I ride in the 20 and stay comftable

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk