Spyder Garage

Default Wisconsin to Spyderfest, anyone up for it?

My wife and I will be leaving on that Wednesday to head down to Spyderfest. We're planning on making a two day trip of it. Leave Wed and arrive Thur afternoon. Planning to ride down the west side of the Mighty Mississip. and probably stop somewhere around Palmyra. (about 270 miles per day)
    Anyone wanna try to meet up along the way?

Rick
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Too late for us as we are leaving Monday and arriving Tuesday, but maybe we will see you there
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Same for us, we are leaving early Monday morning. Doing the ride in one day.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Lots of Wisconsin Spyders! Find the Spyder Owners And Riders (S.O.A.R) club at http://www.joinsoar.com/

Deke
    +Peace,

Deke

2105 RT-S SE5 Special Series (current)
    2012 RT A&C SE5 (previous)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Lots of Wisconsin Spyders! Find the Spyder Owners And Riders (S.O.A.R) club at http://www.joinsoar.com/

Deke
    Yup, we're members there also. Just posted a thread. Thanks for the reminder.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MZEMS2 View Post
    My wife and I will be leaving on that Wednesday to head down to Spyderfest. We're planning on making a two day trip of it. Leave Wed and arrive Thur afternoon. Planning to ride down the west side of the Mighty Mississip. and probably stop somewhere around Palmyra. (about 270 miles per day)
    Anyone wanna try to meet up along the way?

Rick
    Just a heads up. Palmyra has one motel. You may want to make a reservation a couple weeks in advance. It looked like a pretty decent place. I landed there twice during the week this past summer and they were full each time. There is a real nice little motel in Shelbina just southwest of Palmyra on Highway 110 about 35 to 40 miles. Just passing along information from experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    Just a heads up. Palmyra has one motel. You may want to make a reservation a couple weeks in advance. It looked like a pretty decent place. I landed there twice during the week this past summer and they were full each time. There is a real nice little motel in Shelbina just southwest of Palmyra on Highway 110 about 35 to 40 miles. Just passing along information from experience.
    Great info. I've been looking for other options in that area. THANKS!!
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Wasn't thinking

Great info. I've been looking for other options in that area. THANKS!!
    Hannibal is just south of Palmyra and has several motels right on 61. Much larger selection of eating places also. That will keep you on your route and not going through a whole bunch of towns with revenue generators.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    Hannibal is just south of Palmyra and has several motels right on 61. Much larger selection of eating places also. That will keep you on your route and not going through a whole bunch of towns with revenue generators.
    Have you stayed anywhere in Hannibal? I tried once, but when I got there, I didn't even get off the bike. I didn't think the bike would be there the next day. There's no way I would have slept through the night. LOL.... Nasty area!
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have you stayed anywhere in Hannibal? I tried once, but when I got there, I didn't even get off the bike. I didn't think the bike would be there the next day. There's no way I would have slept through the night. LOL.... Nasty area!
    That was part of the reason I stayed in Shelbina. There is not a lot there, but the motel is pretty new and super clean. I paid right around $60 for the night. There is a place right out front for motorcycle parking. I got the Harley-Davidson room and parked right outside my window. It is an America's Best Value Motel. You will want to call ahead of time. They only have 20 rooms all ground level. When I stayed there it was mostly fishermen and railroad people. It was quiet and no highway noise. They have a continental breakfast and coffee. Every one is pretty friendly. The only other place I have stayed up that way is Macon. It is on Highway 63 west of Shelbina. More places to eat and several motels. From Macon to south of Jeff City is four lanes. 63 comes out to I44 at Rolla. The two lane on south goes through three little speed traps. Or you can go on south on 61. Bowling Green and Troy both have motels. They are smaller quieter towns. Just a couple options. I'm like you, I like to park where I know my bike will be safe and I can look out and see it.

Spyder Garage

So, it's been about 2 weeks since the official Spyderfest Hype kickoff....Anyone else considering the trip yet?
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

TTT
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Depending on the weather, my wife and I have reservations on Tuesday 4-26. If weather is nice we will do it in one day on Tuesday. If bad we will leave on Monday, because that way we can get wet and cold two days in a row.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    Depending on the weather, my wife and I have reservations on Tuesday 4-26. If weather is nice we will do it in one day on Tuesday. If bad we will leave on Monday, because that way we can get wet and cold two days in a row.
    I like the way you think
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Just throwin' this back up to keep it alive.

Rick
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Beuller?............................. Beuller? ...........................LOL.....just a bounce to the top again.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White