Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Somehow, somewhere, and I am not sure how or where, there must be more to this than we see posted.

The situation you explained does tend to warrant your actions. I am no huge fan or supporter of BRP and even less like the incompetence of some dealers.

I have no dog in the fight and hope that justice is delivered, fair and correct, regardless of how it pans out.

All the best

PK
    I wish I was making this up it has been a joke. I've been huge up on ....been told I don't have a warranty...been told I do and the shop will fix it to now I pick it up tomorrow and it's still broken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I can offer a few suggestions.

The cruise cutting out when hitting a bump is actually pretty common. Check the brake lamp switch on the brake pedal adjustment. The pedal moves when hitting the bump and if the switch is adjusted too close, a quick blip of that switch will cancel cruise.

On the limp home episodes, pull the diagnostic codes and post them here. I or several others can likely offer some assistance on where to look. Your dealer SHOULD have done this with BRP but sounds like they never even tried.

I really do know how frustrating having a bike in the shop and getting no where can be. Been there and done that, have the scars for it.
    Over 80 plus days in the shop in a year and a half... I asked about if they pulled codes and the service manager and the shop manager said yes . the service manager told me it had tons of codes and one was there 30 times so you would think that would point them in a direction. The manager told me that because it would reset after I restarted it It would not save the code. BRP and Brp care does not say anything about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The cruise control cutting out over bumps is just one part of the 2 part issue with it. Over some bumps yes it would cut out some big bumps some very small bumps. The second thing is you would go to set it and it would not set ...you would pull off the road turn off the spyder let the thing reset and it would work just fine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    Over 80 plus days in the shop in a year and a half... I asked about if they pulled codes and the service manager and the shop manager said yes . the service manager told me it had tons of codes and one was there 30 times so you would think that would point them in a direction. The manager told me that because it would reset after I restarted it It would not save the code. BRP and Brp care does not say anything about it.
    Any code that sets the limp home mode is stored and can be retrieved later using the BUDS diagnostic software. Please get the codes and post them here, you will get much more help on what is going on. Your dealer should have sent these to BRP for analysis and direction on which way to proceed on fixing the bike if they were unsure what to do on their own. Again, its your dealer that is not competent to fix your bike. At least it seems that way from your descriptions. Perhaps you should pick up the bike and ask BRP Cares to recommend a dealership to take it to near you.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    The cruise control cutting out over bumps is just one part of the 2 part issue with it. Over some bumps yes it would cut out some big bumps some very small bumps. The second thing is you would go to set it and it would not set ...you would pull off the road turn off the spyder let the thing reset and it would work just fine.

Need to fix one thing at a time. Often fixing the simple things makes the more difficult to understand become clear. Similar is true with the fault codes. Start with the one or two related codes at the top of the list. Fix the issue, clear codes and retest. That is the general sequence in the BRP service manuals.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I personally would not consider riding that Spyder 30 miles, 30 minutes or 30 seconds, to be perfectly honest. Unless every issue you mentioned that WASN'T corrected, is corrected..I would demand that the dealer deliver it to my home. And as suggested, I would post your zip code and see if another SL can assist with a better dealer if you have gotten nowhere with this one.
    Sorry for your issues. Hope they are resolved soon.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi steve!

Well just got back from the shop were I've been asked not to come back! Have a big grease hand print on my spyder and my first turn left signal did not cut off...
    It was a cold ride home...22 out it was just a little cold but a great ride home!!!
    The shop got all of my posts from spyderlovers and that is just fine I have not lied not even a little I have nothing to hide. This is my opinion only ask power sports service sucks. If you need parts go to ask and ask for Adam he is amazing but he is not in the service department.
    The shop found 4 codes in the spyder but it's ok they are not making it go into limp home mod....
    Well I will let you all go and remember over 80 days in the shop and still not right ...but ask is not to blame!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got up this morning and was still upset about my poor spyder still not fixed. I called another shop and I will not give there name I told them everything about what I have had to deal with. They knew what shop I was talking about and said they have heard all of this before from this shop!!! They said they will love to look at my spyder and they will be up front with me about what is covered and what is not!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Beleave it or not....spyder is back in the shop...it has spent 120 days in the shop. Oil leak is so bad now it cover the techs hand with a small wipe. Looks like the shop broke a couple pieces on the underside...
    We are at a different dealer now after being asked not to come back to ask power sports! The new dealer told me they will pull it all apart and let me know what is going on and what will be covered.
    Wish me luck!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Up date!

So after I was asked not to come back to ask power sports and after they damaged my spyder and said I did it. Unbeknownst to them I have images of the spyder before I sent it to ask!! I called another shop that is the closet dealer not owned by ask power sports and they said they could not help me because the owners know one another and the guy felt that I would not get the Care needed. I thanked him for the info and moved down the list!
    So now Brp will not call me back Steve from Brp care will not help me or maybe he can't help me ...I will put it that way. He sent ask power sports a link to all of my posts which is fine I speak the truth. My mom and dad would beat me down if I lied as a kid.
    So I took it over 100 miles to another dealer that people on spyderlovers recommended. I told them what is going on and what I have had to deal with and everything that Brp has told me. They seem to care and have had the spyder 2 weeks now and I think ....I hope to be getting a call in the next day or two. So we are up over 130 days with this spyder being in the shop over small things that would not take anytime at all to fix. So I hope the have better luck with the new shop and I hope I get it back before spring I need smiles and miles!!

Spyder Garage

Under Ohio law it sounds like your Spyder would qualify as a lemon. Here's a link to the Ohio lemon law for motoecycles.
    https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Re...Consumers.aspx
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Started the process!! I've got a letter stating the Attorney General has sent a letter to brp!!! I'm not counting on this even though it hits everything to be a limon!! The new shop knows all about this and are fine with it. Ask power sports is not happy!! Ask power sports told me that they have put 23000 dallors of there money in my spyder...it's a bad shop!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Still in the shop

I got it to the new shop and it's still there. They thought it would be done last week but it has not gone that way. They tried to get it done for me today and last I heard was they are waiting for Brp to call them so I'm going to say it won't be done today. So I will wait until I hear back and try not to go nuts......wish me luck!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default It is out finily

The new shop family got done with my spyder. They could not get everything covered and I understand that...I thankful for what they have done. So this last repair started 1/7/2016 and I picked it up 2 days ago so very glad to get some wind on my face!
    I will say the new shop is tons better then the old one and I would recommend them if you live in south west ohio. The old shop had my new spyder for over 130 days in a year and half and the new shop just a hand full of weeks. So thank you Middletown cycle!!!

Spyder Garage

Please tell us what was repaired. Is it running normally now? It would be helpful for ST owners to know.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All they could fix this time around was the left turn signal would not cancel. They put a new steering angle sensor in it and seems to be good. They think with it not reading right it would go into limp home mod and on left turns I could bring the left front wheel off the ground very easy!!
    They also looked at an oil leak that had just been fixed and they said it was good this time around. The last shop tried 3 times to fix the oil leak!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDerSts View Post
    Mebbe you might look into Competition Accessories in Springfield Ohio. My wife gets her 2014 Spyder STS worked on there with no issues and very nice people. Call and ask to chat with Steve or Tug in Service and explain ur issues....they are a CanAm dealer/Service...much better than those (Ask) family owned. We've already dealt with both of the Columbus dealers and they left a bad taste in our mouth....😜💩💩💩💩.
    My experiance there with both my Goldwing and my wife's Spyder have been less than, shall we say, outstanding. I will not return there or do any further business with them, and especially will NOT let their hacks work on any of my bikes.