Spyder Garage

Default Looking for opinions on dealerships...

I met a relative of my DIL over Christmas and he is verrrry interested in a Spyder....lives in Butte, MT. I think Great Falls is closest to him....but he has no issue to travel to a good dealer. And we all know there are great dealers, good dealers and eeeeeek dealers.
    Also has anyone heard from Major Spyder? Haven't seen any posts from him for a long time...
    Thanks for your opinions....
    Happy New Year..
    K
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had some service work done at the Great Falls dealer on my way home from Alaska & was impressed. I don't know how they'd be to deal with when buying, though.

If travel isn;t a problem, have him fly to Spyderfest & ryde one home!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Major Spyder's last logged-in visit here, was on November 25th...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEALERS

.....Well since my only concern was with buying one ......I think IMotorsports ( a Sponsor here ) would be hard to beat. The 1330 engine / trans combo is a very low maintenance Spyder compared to the V-twin series ......IMHO.....Mike

Spyder Garage

Stealerships are all scum. So the idea is to find the best of the worst.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is why I posted the other day about a list of good dealers and bad dealers. People were apprehensive about it because they don't want to give dealers a bad name on one or two comments. The free market capitalist in me says it's ok. If you consistently treat people fairly, that will be obvious - same with the opposite.

With that being said, I heard iMotorsports is fair and reasonable and has a good service department. I've never dealt with them myself, but they are a site sponsor. In my opinion, a business that is willing to put their name out through community sponsorships and or large events, are on the up and up. The ones who hide that you never heard of, probably require a little more research. My next Spyder will be bought from a dealer who is well known and advertised.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 12-29-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GREAT FALLS AND KALISPELL DEALERS ARE BOTH GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I met a relative of my DIL over Christmas and he is verrrry interested in a Spyder....lives in Butte, MT. I think Great Falls is closest to him....but he has no issue to travel to a good dealer. And we all know there are great dealers, good dealers and eeeeeek dealers.
    Also has anyone heard from Major Spyder? Haven't seen any posts from him for a long time...
    Thanks for your opinions....
    Happy New Year..
    K
    I bought my 2011 RT-S SE-5 from The Kalispell dealer back in 2011. I had a good experience with them, but they have changed ownership a couple times since then. My last visit, for service, was in March of this year, and I had a very positive experience.
    A friend bought his from the Great Falls dealer, and also had a good experience. So, I would rate both dealerships as VERY GOOD.
    CapNCrunch, Stevensville, MT

Spyder Garage

Best prices always in the country with no hassle is Louis Motorsports in Greenville Texas. Volume discount Can Am dealer. They advertise on Ebay or Cycle Trader. They will provide Fly In Drive Home or Shipping. I would personally prefer pickup.

If your dealer will price match you have the best deal possible bar none. Also call Len at PitBull. Some surprising deals there too and you will not be disappointed. I do not have to tell you that "Murphy Brown". You already know.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2014 RTS from Jesco in Kalispell. Had a good experience with them. As far as service is concern they also have tried to be helpful and had for the most part had good luck with them. Did have an issue with an oil change and had to have it serviced else where. Have to say that i was pleased with their response and they paid for everything no issue with the responsibility of the incident. Hey, some times we all make mistakes.
    2014 RT-S
    YELLOW
    BajaRon Anti Sway bar
    Adjustable handle bars
    SpyderPops Skid plate

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2015 Spyder RT Limited from IMotorsports, I think they treaded me very fair on my deal.
    Ride safe!
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin2488485 View Post
    I bought my 2015 Spyder RT Limited from IMotorsports, I think they treaded me very fair on my deal.
    Ride safe!
    i bought from them as well and they shipped it to me at no cost and picked up my trade.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Running the back end of an automotive dealership for over 30 years I will respectfully disagree.

I don't think Len at Pitbull would agree either. Neither would Lamont. I don't disagree that there are stealerships out there but IMHO they are not all scum.

There are many dealerships that have owners or management staffs that demand excellence.

I service at Gargano's GSS Powersports in Connecticut and have found their service department to be very good and with my background, I'm not easily impressed.

-Greg
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't agree...

I would hate to go through the rest of my life thinking like that! (80 here).

Just my view.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

In my travels with the Spyder, I've encountered at least as many good dealerships as bad ones.

My own dealer, Leisure Sports 'n Turf in Pottstown, PA (and their sister company in Ephrata), may not be the absolute lowest on prices, but they are better with prices than most dealers if you work with them. And they treat me extremely well with service. I often recommend them to others.
    Last edited by robmorg; 12-31-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Have to agree that there are good and bad dealers. To bad that they can't all be good. Glad that they are not all bad.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IMotorsports

So I am in Chicago visiting family and decided to take a ride over to IMotorsports (a site sponsor) and just have a look around. I have to say, I will consider buying my next bike from them. They were extremely attentive, even for a guy that was not going to buy a bike. We talked Spyders and they let me look around without any hassle. We talked about how they go about discounting their Spyders and how they are a volumn dealer and give the lowest price up front in order to garner more business. They will even ship and pick up your trade anywhere in the lower 48. There are probably other dealers out there like them, but I would definitely consider them for my next purchase just based on the 30-45 min I spent there today.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    Running the back end of an automotive dealership for over 30 years I will respectfully disagree.

I don't think Len at Pitbull would agree either. Neither would Lamont. I don't disagree that there are stealerships out there but IMHO they are not all scum.

There are many dealerships that have owners or management staffs that demand excellence.

I service at Gargano's GSS Powersports in Connecticut and have found their service department to be very good and with my background, I'm not easily impressed.

-Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    I would hate to go through the rest of my life thinking like that! (80 here).

Just my view.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    In my travels with the Spyder, I've encountered at least as many good dealerships as bad ones.

My own dealer, Leisure Sports 'n Turf in Pottstown, PA (and their sister company in Ephrata), may not be the absolute lowest on prices, but they are better with prices than most dealers if you work with them. And they treat me extremely well with service. I often recommend them to others.
    There must be something in your outlook, that brings out the worst in people...
    That's a shame...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Geez, I'm laying here with a broken leg and I don't look at things that way!

My current dealership (Central Florida Powersports) is outstanding and my last two wheel dealer in St Louis was the same.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC