Spyder Garage

Default F3 owners, who can tell me...

Does the price of an F3 include the u-fit system to fit you? Or, do all the pieces and parts to make it fit you cost extra? I'm waiting to sit on an F3 Limited and trying to do my homework before hand.

I just left the dealer and he initially said no, then he came back and said yes but we don't charge. HA! He also told me he had quite a few Limited's in crates in the back. Knowing full well they're not even being shipped yet, I questioned him on that. Again, he checked on that and then said, no, not here yet. I was at a dealer here in Atlanta (500 miles from home) so it didn't really matter that he didn't know. I should have known he wasn't on top of his game when he didn't know how to adjust the u-fit foot pegs. Also, does anyone know if there's a different brake pedal (not the pad) in the u-fit system?

The funny thing is I always ask the salesman if they're pretty familiar with the Spyder before I start asking questions.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Sales people that are full of bluster and that will tell you anything are one of my pet peeves.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It was a minor charge (about $30 to change the brake rod) for me. Same pedal as far as I was concerned.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default U-FIT

....As I understand it, the F-3 ( any model ) comes with a pre-determined set of PEGS, HANDELBARS, etc.......At the dealer you can/should get custom fitted......If the STOCK set-up needs to be changed to fit " U " ....then you buy those pieces as optional, and keep the original ones. What ever deal you can make is up to you and the seller ........Mike

Spyder Garage

If I recall correctly, I had to pay an extra $20 (maybe 30) for a different brake rod. The pedal stays the same. My handlebar position was Standard, so there was no change there.

If I didn't have the automatic transmission, I expect I would have had to pay for a gearshift rod as well.

Frankly, I think these "irritation charges" should be rolled into the price of the new unit. Or, perhaps they should be negotiated before you sign the deal.

In either case, when buying a $20,000 plus item, you really shouldn't have to be concerned with an extra charge of $20 or $60 to get the machine to fit you correctly!
    --- Trekster
    Veteran US Army, ARADCOM 35th Arty Bde (AD)

2015 F3-s
    BR Windshield, Bikers Friend Luggage Bag

Spyder Garage

Some dealers/salespeople, have more experience than others, and the F3 ufit system has only been around a year. There is a 'stock' handlebar and brake rod that come with, and to change them out is is normally a cost, but thats negotiable with the dealer. I ordered a longer brake rod for about $30 and was charged about that much to install, and i kept the rod they took off. Same brake pedal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

The price only includes the stock pieces. If someone changes it for free they are absorbing the cost.

Spyder Garage

My dealer made the adjustments without additional charges and kept the stock links.
    2015 F3S SE6
    You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding

2015 F3s , Orange/black

Spyder Garage

I was charged for all the parts making up the ufit system by my dealer.

2015 F3-S owner

Spyder Garage

Pretty clearly its a dealer option to charge or not.. Mine fitted me and did not charge anything extra. I will never understand the loss of goodwill you get with a $20 or $30 unexpected charge
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch..!!

Seems to me if they come out and advertise at great lengths an adjustable system it should come set to your position at sale...if you later want to change it then buy the parts...jmo
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My dealer set mine up for me no extra charge. That way it's set up for u. If u change it later your cost. I would be of a dealer that tries to nickel u over this.

Spyder Garage

Which location were you at? That dealership is attempting to focus the Can-Am products into two (maybe3) of their 5 locations. It doesn't surprise me that you couldn't get correct answers on your first query. They cycle through sales people about as often as they take out the trash. I guess that it goes with the product, as their main sales base consist of the flat billed ball cap racer types. My apologies to anyone here who may be offended by my comments.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....As I understand it, the F-3 ( any model ) comes with a pre-determined set of PEGS, HANDELBARS, etc.......At the dealer you can/should get custom fitted......If the STOCK set-up needs to be changed to fit " U " ....then you buy those pieces as optional, and keep the original ones. What ever deal you can make is up to you and the seller ........Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sccar View Post
    My dealer made the adjustments without additional charges and kept the stock links.
    First, if they have one in the crate, they can assemble it to fit you, since they have to assemble it anyway. So there shouldn't be any charge.

Second, you should be able to keep anything that comes with it in the crate. If you sell it later, the new owner may want to have the positions changed.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default semi-automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Trekster View Post
    If I recall correctly, I had to pay an extra $20 (maybe 30) for a different brake rod. The pedal stays the same. My handlebar position was Standard, so there was no change there.

If I didn't have the automatic transmission, I expect I would have had to pay for a gearshift rod as well.

Frankly, I think these "irritation charges" should be rolled into the price of the new unit. Or, perhaps they should be negotiated before you sign the deal.

In either case, when buying a $20,000 plus item, you really shouldn't have to be concerned with an extra charge of $20 or $60 to get the machine to fit you correctly!
    Do you mean "semi-automatic" transmission? reason for asking is I used to say "automatic", until I was corrected to say "semi-automatic" because it confuses newbies. When an experienced Spyder owner tells me the correct way, it sinks into my brain and the correct term is used if I am posting on here. Here's hoping I have said the right thing
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

I was charged $179 for the extended reach handlebar and $30 for the brake pedal for my F3-S.

John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If one goes to the build it page on the BRP website, it is apparent that there is a cost for any non standard components. There is s different rod for each of the shifter and brake. The shifter and brake pedal are in place from the factory and are not normally adjusted during a typical set up. It does take extra time but very minimal. I've changed mine back and forth in about 5 minutes each way: two screws on the pedal support and two bolts on the bar.

There isn't another manufacturer that with change custom components for free without negotiating.

Happy new year to all!
    Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And technically the transmission is an electronic shift. The transmission inerds are the same regardless of shifting type.

It is not automatic or semi automatic. One must place it in gear via the button. One must also shift via the button to a higher gear. The computer will down shift to maintain clutching engagement for dynamic braking.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Had to buy the correct brake linkage because my dealer did not have the U-fit set up, so I could order what worked for me, just had to go by the chart which wasn't correct for me.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad