Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PERTS AND CORPORATE SIZE

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I know BRP has corporate offices across the US, I would assume that they have some parts warehouses as well, but I can't say for sure. I know that Yamaha has three parts warehouses in the US, it is highly likely that the other manufacturers have similar operations.
    .......Nope, it all comes down from Canada,...... and Yamaha is 10 X's the size of BRP...............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Old Prof View Post
    aflas? explain please.
    Thanks for the info.
    If you tackle the Search function; you'll find enough explanation, to keep you busy ready for a couple of days...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Well Hell View Post
    I happen to agree with the OP. BRP is lacking in the parts supply chain department.
    I would add "sorely" lacking. In this day and age there is absolutely no excuse for BRP to have such a poor parts management system other than they just don't want to invest the money in such a system. Look at all our unfortunate bretheren, was once one of them myself, who buy a new Spyder and have to wait months for many of the advertised new accessories for the machine. Once a Spyder is out of the current model year category dealerships should be required to have in local inventory those parts with shortest MTBF and for all other parts a maximum two day delivery. The computers can keep everyone supplied if management wants the system to work.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Every time I have purchased an OEM BRP part, whether it has been through my local dealer or online I've never waited more than a week to 10 days at most. Most times its been quicker through the dealer. Our dealer here even offered to have parts sent directly to my house.
    Heck, my dealer had my water pump parts overnighted for warranty work and I was up and running in very short order.
    Honda East and Cheap Cycle Parts both had parts to me in under a week.

Those of you complaining about part availability and your machines being down for these long periods of time need to take that up with your dealer.
    A lot of dealers are very good at BS'ing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had the same experience. If I order something; it gets here PDQ!
    It comes down to what the dealers are shoveling, and it ain't petunias!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-26-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default For your own satisfaction .....

I have been servicing at Gargano's GSS Powersports in East Haven since I got my RTS and I've found them to be outstanding. Give Bobby at GSS a call at 203-467-5903 and ask him to find out what the parts availability are for the parts you need. I have only had a few repairs but I have never had to wait more than a few days for parts.

Based on your repairs can we assume you are out of the 2 year factory warranty and you did not purchase an extended warranty? If so these repairs are being done out of warranty as a good will gesture ?

If I were in your shoes I would be smoking mad too. An inaccurate diagnosis, 40 days and still waiting on parts, I'd be back on the phone with BRP getting someone to expedite a parts shipment. I just can't imagine that the parts you need are not on a shelf somewhere.

Hang in in there, we still need to get together and ride ....
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    I have been servicing at Gargano's GSS Powersports in East Haven since I got my RTS and I've found them to be outstanding. Give Bobby at GSS a call at 203-467-5903 and ask him to find out what the parts availability are for the parts you need. I have only had a few repairs but I have never had to wait more than a few days for parts.

Based on your repairs can we assume you are out of the 2 year factory warranty and you did not purchase an extended warranty? If so these repairs are being done out of warranty as a good will gesture ?

If I were in your shoes I would be smoking mad too. An inaccurate diagnosis, 40 days and still waiting on parts, I'd be back on the phone with BRP getting someone to expedite a parts shipment. I just can't imagine that the parts you need are not on a shelf somewhere.

Hang in in there, we still need to get together and ride ....
    Im curious about that too, were you under warranty and they were claiming it might not be covered or were you out of warranty and thats why the dealer didnt think they would cover it? With all the heat problems of the 2013 i imagine your not the only one that had issues like this with gaskets.

And all the parts do come from the same place in Canada. I had to wait over a week to get a fuse you could get at pep boys for 5$. Dealer told me it was some special fuse they had to order from BRP, when i went to pick it up and saw the fuse i was like you idiots you can get these at any parts store. One of the several reasons not impressed with my dealer. It would certainly make sense to put some parts in KS warehouse or someplace in the middle of the country. I mean no offence but the majority are sold here. Canada as a whole doesnt even have the population of California never mind the rest of the states.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default Not happy with BRP

Sounds like very poor diagnostic measure too me , I wouldn't begin too blame BRP for that at all . Sounds like you need to blame technician for this .

Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Again when you wait for parts thats not BRP , that's the dealer not wanting to pay the frieght charges . My dealer has had my parts overnight . Either I will pay for it or they will . There is no charge for stock order's and they even get the part for cheaper dollars .

Spyder Garage

Still under warranty, dealer did not think it would be covered. Started a case with BRP the same day, they agreed to cover the repairs. Today is day 48 at the dealer. Heading to the dealer on Tuesday when they reopen after the holidays to take a firsthand look at it.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderrage View Post
    Again when you wait for parts thats not BRP , that's the dealer not wanting to pay the frieght charges . My dealer has had my parts overnight . Either I will pay for it or they will . There is no charge for stock order's and they even get the part for cheaper dollars .
    Not quite sure why a dealer would have to pay freight on warrantied parts. BRP should be paying the freight, not the dealer, and certainly not me.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some dealers won't order parts as they need them, they will wait until they have a larger order. I'm fairly certain the individual dealers pay for shipping. BRP is not like the other manufacturers.

Also, why would a leak not be covered by warranty if its a failed component?
    Sorry, but you are seriously getting the run around by your dealer....

Spyder Garage

Paper or plastic? What's unique about the gaskets? Are they paper or composite? If paper they are easily made composite not so! Valve cover gaskets are easy to make usually photocopy valve cover, cut out shadow copy stick to gasket paper cut out with scissors punch holes as necessary. Of course when you repair an old machine you adapt to what is available. But these are new and warrantable machines and priced accordingly. I'm sure BRP have a schedule repair time for each repair such as 92 minutes to pull the engine, 2 hours to remove the valve cap scrape the old gasket off set tappets etc. it sounds like the shop has other priorities and not looking at customers vehicle as a profitable repair and the o/p has been too polite. As BRP has agreed to repair under warranty the suspected fault and if the machine is still rideable I would bring it to the other dealer if he is agreeable to accept it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dubliner View Post
    ...Valve cover gaskets are easy to make usually photocopy valve cover, cut out shadow copy stick to gasket paper cut out with scissors punch holes as necessary. ...
    The valve cover gaskets are not made out of old style gasket material. Here is a picture of one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRP-CAN-AM-O...-/171545517706

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Thank you Gray Ghost for the visual!
    Still they are relatively inexpensive and if used on several Spyder's would be readily available I'm sure within days! I suspect the dealer is focussing on other sales, winter service specials and does not want to deal with the complexities of a troublesome arachnid [emoji888][emoji887]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I know BRP has corporate offices across the US, I would assume that they have some parts warehouses as well, but I can't say for sure. I know that Yamaha has three parts warehouses in the US, it is highly likely that the other manufacturers have similar operations.
    Yamaha parts come from Yamaha North America--they are in Canada. BRP parts if you order on line at least come from Shopatron. They notify and locate dealers stock across the USA. That dealer is responsible to ship the in stock item to you. A hell of a stupid way to do business. So some dealers are better than others to get it to you. I just went through this with an online order. It took a month and was promised in 3-7 days. The item was shipped from a dealer in Sacramento CA. After many inquiries as to why I had not received my item the system was explained to me. Yes this was an item ordered online from BRP??????

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Dwight,

Hopefully this will be the end of your problems with your RT. If not, I would look at trading it in if you can afford to. I know myself, when I loose confidence in something I get rid of it. That is why we got Deb the STL. Her RS was throwing codes, and I didn't trust it not to break down on her in the middle of nowhere.

Have a good Christmas.
    Great idea! If you have $25,000 to $30,000 in a Spyder and you trade it in on a new Spyder at $28,000 and you get $15,000 on the trade. This means your new Spyder cost $38,000 to $43,000 for new Spyder, due to the loss on your 2+ old Spyder. BRP really loves y'al !

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default NOT HAPPY WITH BRP (AGAIN)

BRP customer service stinks. They are the worst in the industry. As someone said, once they get your money they forget about you. Many of there dealers are the same way. I have had nothing but problems with my 2016 RTS. I am presently making a lemon law claim. Everything is wrong with this bike. Every accessory put on has to be repaired or replaced. Now the bike is in for a valve cover gasket. This after the dealer changed the oil and did the 13k maintenance. I was told the gasket just wears out.

I am frustrated. As soon as I can I will dump this lemon and get a wing.
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .......Nope, it all comes down from Canada,...... and Yamaha is 10 X's the size of BRP...............Mike
    I agree. The problem for both dealer and distributor (BRP) is volume (or lack thereof); for both, Spyders are a limited quantity specialty item. Until Spyders become more ubiquitous in the US, we the enthusiasts are going to have to take it in the shorts on service and parts availability. If the local Spyder clubs and rally organizers can maintain their level of enthusiasm for a few more years, the general public will come to realize the benefits of buying a Spyder over some other $20k plus performance machine and it will take off. Until then, accept that the economics of Spyders for both dealers and BRP are against us.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Claimbo View Post
    BRP customer service stinks. They are the worst in the industry. As someone said, once they get your money they forget about you. Many of there dealers are the same way. I have had nothing but problems with my 2016 RTS. I am presently making a lemon law claim. Everything is wrong with this bike. Every accessory put on has to be repaired or replaced. Now the bike is in for a valve cover gasket. This after the dealer changed the oil and did the 13k maintenance. I was told the gasket just wears out.

I feel your Pain .... I have over 33,000 mi. and my gaskets are fine ...... in fact yours are the first ones ( 1330 ) that I've heard about ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Claimbo View Post

Hi Claimbo,

We're sorry your Spyder has not met your expectations. If you'd like to provide more information, please send an e-mail our way to brp.care@brp.com. Also, please include the VIN and the name and contact of your service dealer in there. We'll be glad to have a look at this for you through there.

Thanks,

Sandra - BRPcare
    Last edited by BRPcare; 07-31-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Yamaha parts come from Yamaha North America--they are in Canada. BRP parts if you order on line at least come from Shopatron. They notify and locate dealers stock across the USA. That dealer is responsible to ship the in stock item to you. A hell of a stupid way to do business. So some dealers are better than others to get it to you. I just went through this with an online order. It took a month and was promised in 3-7 days. The item was shipped from a dealer in Sacramento CA. After many inquiries as to why I had not received my item the system was explained to me. Yes this was an item ordered online from BRP??????

Jack
    Well they search for a Dealer that has the parts on hand to get them to you as fast as possible.
    I really doubt a dealer is going to carry all parts needed to fix a Spyder. That would be bad business for the owner of the dealership and expensive

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi Claimbo,

We're sorry your Spyder has not met your expectations. If you'd like to provide more information, please send an e-mail our way to brp.care@brp.com. Also, please include the VIN and the name and contact of your service dealer in there. We'll be glad to have a look at this for you through there.

Thanks,

Sandra - BRPcare
    Read post #1

Spyder Garage

I don't know why anyone is surprised, OH, my bad, no one is surprised. There are years of info here about crappy dealers and BRP's lack of concern or support. I've been lucky, so far no issues that I couldn't solve. I'd never buy another one, I don't like the odds.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.