Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Gun question at the Doctors office

Last week I had my annual physical and the Gun question came up, it has before, and as always I passed and the doctor would moved on. This visit I was told answering the question was mandatory. I did not ask about the consequences but surmised the doctor would not get compensated without an answer. Any thoughts? I think the feds will try and do gun control through oXXXX care. They are gathering data.

Spyder Garage

Default Gun Question

When I get questions that are really none of there business I just don't answer them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    When I get questions that are really none of there business I just don't answer them.

i don't comment on them, i just ignore them.
    i wouldn't even mention to the Dr. that i'm feeling a little blue.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Health care is no longer about health care. Education is no longer about education. News is no longer about what is actually happening. Instead, it is about citizen control. You can't control citizens if they have a meaningful way to resist.

Today you can still get health care even if you refuse to answer the question. Tomorrow.... Maybe not. And truthfully, not answering the question gives them their answer anyway.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Lie! The feds do it all the time.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If i don't want to answer a question you have no right to ask i just don't answer and leave it at that or i will
    ask the person a personal question

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I must answer, I'd say, "It's none of your business."

Even the CDC has been politicised by identifying guns in the home as a health hazard.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default I must have missed something

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    Last week I had my annual physical and the Gun question came up, it has before, and as always I passed and the doctor would moved on. This visit I was told answering the question was mandatory. I did not ask about the consequences but surmised the doctor would not get compensated without an answer. Any thoughts? I think the feds will try and do gun control through oXXXX care. They are gathering data.
    Maybe I missed something but I'm not exactly sure what "the gun question" is, and what it could possibly have to do with a doctors visit.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The doctor doesn't get compensated without an answer?
    Too Goddamn bad...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

Even the CDC has been politicised by identifying guns in the home as a health hazard.
    Let me start by saying I support the right to bear arms.
    BUT.... like the infant a week ago in Kansas that picked up an un-secured handgun and proceeded to kill
    themself , it can indeed be a health hazard.

Weird part of story, it was a Deputy's child, in HIS home, with a gun that DID NOT belong to Him.
    Go figure ! I obviously just don't get it.

I support RESPONSIBLE gun ownership.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

i have been seeing lots of doctors lately, BUT not one of them asked that question. but i have heard that doctors were told by insurance companies that they are supposed to ask
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!

I would tell him to keep on track. This is a Dr's office and not a gun show..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Beware of trick questions at the doctors office. Whatever you say can be used against you.

I am asked these types of questions at my Cpap doctor alot.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

i wonder if you say yes i have guns, if your insurance will go up, or is it just for a head count so when they want to take all our guns, they know where they are
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

This is news to me....How in the world is owning a gun any of the Dr's business? Perhaps if you're at the psychiatrist maybe, but not a general physician. Good grief. My answer will be a polite smile, and a "let's move on" when it happens. This whole "gun thing" has gotten way too outta hand. It's NOT the damn gun....it's the person holding it!!!! Great, now ya got my blood pressure up..

Dang you SpyderLovers!!!!!
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default You guys are missing something. . . .

There is a staggering number of suicides every year, and a large number of those involve guns. Gun owners are at risk for a higher rate of suicides. Your doctor is just doing his job and assessing ALL the risks to your health. Besides, those antidepressants work very well.

put away your paranoia and remember that you have a doctor-patient relationship to protect you from the government. That is unless you tell him/her that you are going to hurt someone, then you should be turned in.
    So far, my second childhood is better than my first.

Spyder Garage

Default Have to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Mcubed45 View Post
    There is a staggering number of suicides every year, and a large number of those involve guns. Gun owners are at risk for a higher rate of suicides. Your doctor is just doing his job and assessing ALL the risks to your health. Besides, those antidepressants work very well.

put away your paranoia and remember that you have a doctor-patient relationship to protect you from the government. That is unless you tell him/her that you are going to hurt someone, then you should be turned in.
    I don't think there is any paranoia here. Are they asking if there are any razor blades, toxic substances, etc..... If I got to a doctor for an ear infection, whether or not there are any firearms in my home is done of his/her business.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Really Really
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Lie!!!!!

Your Dr. just dosen't need to know this. Just say NO ( Nancy Reagan )!!!

Don't mention that you have box cutters, kitchen knives, Booze, and all the other things ( autos and motorcycles ) that kill us. And---- of course don't mention your other activites that are considered dangerous::::Sky diving, living in the inner city, snowmobiling, skiing, swiming, back country hiking, fishing in bear country, riding in deer country, ect.ect.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Here in Arkansas the Drs. don't ask that question, because they already know the answer...................and it is..........................Hell Yeah, we all have guns, and several of them with extra ammo.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow...

Spyder Garage

i would never attempt suicide, i am afraid of lead poisoning
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry, but thats the most ridiculous reasoning I've heard.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i would never attempt suicide, i am afraid of lead poisoning
    There's always the "Bottle of Scotch, and another bottle of Sleeping Pills" method anyway...

Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings