Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mcubed45 View Post
    There is a staggering number of suicides every year, and a large number of those involve guns. Gun owners are at risk for a higher rate of suicides. Your doctor is just doing his job and assessing ALL the risks to your health. Besides, those antidepressants work very well.

put away your paranoia and remember that you have a doctor-patient relationship to protect you from the government. That is unless you tell him/her that you are going to hurt someone, then you should be turned in.
    Don't think you have any guarantee of confidential patient relationship if the intent is to determine if you are fit to own a gun. If you have any medical history of depression or anti-depressants, you will be added to their list. This much deeper than "do you own a gun"

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    Last week I had my annual physical and the Gun question came up, it has before, and as always I passed and the doctor would moved on. This visit I was told answering the question was mandatory. I did not ask about the consequences but surmised the doctor would not get compensated without an answer. Any thoughts? I think the feds will try and do gun control through oXXXX care. They are gathering data.

When I first read this post, I thought it was a joke. It is a joke, isn't it?

If not, why in the heck would a doc ask such a question unless there was some kind of family history involving gun violence?? Even then, that would be out of line, I think.

So, is the post 'real or Memorex?'

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post

If not, why in the heck would a doc ask such a question unless there was some kind of family history involving gun violence?? Even then, that would be out of line, I think.

Joe T.
    It is all part of the new 'Open and Transparent' health care system. 'If you like your gun.... You can keep it!'

It's no joke.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It is all part of the new 'Open and Transparent' health care system. 'If you like your gun.... You can keep it!'

It's no joke.

Attached Images Attached Images

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

We live in the everybody wants to know everything and what time you did it. Time to get out of this mode & go back to minding our own business. How about having to give your credit card number to register your drone? Seems to me the gov't wants to charge stuff on you if you buy a drone now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    We live in the everybody wants to know everything and what time you did it. Time to get out of this mode & go back to minding our own business. How about having to give your credit card number to register your drone? Seems to me the gov't wants to charge stuff on you if you buy a drone now.
    Are you kidding! The government wants to charge stuff off on you regardless of whether or not you do anything at all! Like paying them if you DON'T buy healthcare!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Lie!!!!!

I know it's not a good thing to tell a lie------- BUT --I would lie to any medical "professional" asking about if I posessed a firearm in my home. Remember you have to sign some form about shareing your medical information----name the governmental agency here.....

As I said in a previous post on this thread, "Just say no!!"

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    I know it's not a good thing to tell a lie------- BUT --I would lie to any medical "professional" asking about if I posessed a firearm in my home. Remember you have to sign some form about shareing your medical information----name the governmental agency here.....

As I said in a previous post on this thread, "Just say no!!"

Kaos
    YEP!!!!

Spyder Garage

It is not the doctors or the insurance companies that want this information, it is the Federal Government. The Anti-gun folks are determined to confiscate all our guns and they think if a doctor asks us a question we will all answer him or her. They really think they are smarter than the general population. The current resident of the White House would like nothing better than to turn the Department of Homeland Security loose on us and bang on our doors and take all our guns!! He is obsessed with this!!! Just my $.02.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post

Joe T.
    This is no Joke, This is real. Now, if you can afford privet health care, you may not be asked this question.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    This is no Joke, This is real. Now, if you can afford privet health care, you may not be asked this question.
    I was one of those that was affected by Health Republic's departure from the Healthcare business...
    While shopping for new coverage; I found that the A.C.A.'s plans were within $10/Month of what I obtained in the voluntary market...
    At a 50% increase in cost!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black