Thread: I am an idiot!!

Spyder Garage

Default I am an idiot!!

MODERATORS:

I am not sure where to post this. If it should be somewhere else, please move it.

I have been having trouble with this site for some time. I had some similar issues with several other sites, but they are all owned by Motorcyclist.com and have been upgraded to new vBulletin software. The problem on those sites has disappeared once the upgrade occurred..

I use Chrome for my browser. The original problem was when I would open a post in a thread, if it was a video it would play normally. But, when I ended the video and clicked back to the main thread, NOTHING would be in the posts! I mean, no letters, smilies, etc. NADA. The posts were blank!

Like I stated above, the other sites I frequent have upgraded their vBulletin software and this annoying problem disappeared. But, it is (was) still a problem on this site.

So, in frustration, I was playing around last night trying to see if I could eliminate this problem.

I normally use my desktop to look at websites. It is a Dell, circa 2008, running 32 bit VISTA.

While visiting this site last night, I was playing around and decided to change the settings in the lower left hand corner of the page from 'vB4 Default Style' to 'Mobile.'

What a mistake!!!!!!!

I can not open the site now!! The desktop comes up in MOBILE each time I try to open this website. The site does not display AT ALL in the MOBILE setting, although other sites do just fine when I open them from inside this website's mobile page!!!

So, since I can not toggle the style back to 'v4B Default' because it does not appear on my 'mobile' desktop, what can I do??

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

If you can go to the home page, click on Contact Admin in the left hand column. If you can't, ask someone here. I'd do it; but, I try to avoid this site. Just thought I'd give an option.

Spyder Garage

Since most of the rest of us aren't having the same problems, it really sounds like the base issue (before the mobile set-up thingie) may be something you have running or are running?!?

It might be worthwhile checking to see if you've got the latest updates or version of Chrome, or maybe even trying another browser - but if you don't see everyone else complaining about the same issues either here or on other sites, there's a good chance it's something to do with or on your device(s) or your set-up.

Just sayin'....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-16-2015 at 11:26 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Until a few days ago I used Chrome for web browsing and never had any issues with spyderlovers on it. I went back to Internet Explorer because a site that was on was always running too slow and now I can't get the emoticons to work on this site. At this point I'd insert the head banging emoticon but I can't.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    MODERATORS

I use Chrome for my browser. The original problem was when I would open a post in a thread, if it was a video it would play normally. But, when I ended the video and clicked back to the main thread, NOTHING would be in the posts! I mean, no letters, smilies, etc. NADA. The posts were blank!

Like I stated above, the other sites I frequent have upgraded their vBulletin software and this annoying problem disappeared. But, it is (was) still a problem on this site.

---------------
    i also have this problem, but only with this site.
    I just reopen " New Posts " and start again, or don't open YouTube videos.

Cheers
    David
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-04-2022 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Until a few days ago I used Chrome for web browsing and never had any issues with spyderlovers on it. I went back to Internet Explorer because a site that was on was always running too slow and now I can't get the emoticons to work on this site. At this point I'd insert the head banging emoticon but I can't.
    Ann, I'm on IE and sometimes the small emoticons don't work. I then click on [More] and then choose the one I want, which seems to work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Ann, I'm on IE and sometimes the small emoticons don't work. I then click on [More] and then choose the one I want, which seems to work.
    Same here... It's not a big deal.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Same here... It's not a big deal.
    I use Safari on my MacBook. Never had any problems!!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

All,

Thanks for the comments.

I opened this site on my Dell Vista machine using Firefox. Opened perfectly. So, it must be an issue with the 'MOBILE' setting and Chrome.

I'll keep trying.

BTW, Doug, thanks for the emails! I hope to clear all of the Chrome cookies soon.

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

YEEE HAWWW!!

Going to Google’s toolbar and settings to remove ALL Cookies did the job!!!

Thanks to all and especially Doug!!!

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've done worst on my computer.