Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    That sounds like a great trip, maybe next year, bjt and I will get to do some type of cross country trip on our spyder. You be safe and have fun and keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    Yeah, I am so excited about it!

If you make your way out to California make sure you let us know and we could hook up. I also hope we're going to get to meet you guys at the Gatlinburg meet this year.

I would like to do Gatlinburg again this year, mainly to meet up with some Spyder friends and to do some more scenic riding through the Smokies. dltang and I had a great time with it last year. I am plannning on summer of 2010 for our California / Nevada trip. Gotta rub elbows with the celebrity SpyderLovers (******** Steve).

SpyderGirl, as it gets closer to the Gatlinburg ride this year, maybe dltang and I could arrange to meet up with you in the Indiana portion of your trip and convoy to Gatlinburg with you.
    Last edited by bjt; 02-05-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Cool. I was looking for the page they had setup for that but I can't find it. Do you know where it is?
    Try this link..........

http://valkyrieriders.com/VBanner.htm

My part of the journey is chronicled in the News Box under the Real First Leg.

They also have a mutual aid network called the Vortex. Fellow riders helping each other in their travels.

http://www.f6rider.com/Valk/vortex.htm
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    I would like to take it personaly to Tatt2r when it passes through Ct
    Trust you w/ a flag? HDX took yours away!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I would like to do Gatlinburg again this year, mainly to meet up with some Spyder friends and to do some more scenic riding through the Smokies. dltang and I had a great time with it last year. I am plannning on summer of 2010 for our California / Nevada trip. Gotta rub elbows with the celebrity SpyderLovers (******** Steve).

SpyderGirl, as it gets closer to the Gatlinburg ride this year, maybe dltang and I could arrange to meet up with you in the Indiana portion of your trip and convoy to Gatlinburg with you.
    We are leaving the morning of the 18th cuz my parents are driving their car down while we ride the Spyder and we are staying at our timeshare down there. Otherwise that would be cool. They are leaving the resort back to Indy on Monday morning the day the rally starts. If you and the wifey need a place to crash for the week we'll have a spare room at our resort in Pigeon Forge once they are gone. But we will only be there Monday, Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday.

I hope next year we can see you guys when you're out this way. Make sure you say "hi" to all the cows in Nebraska when you ride through. I thought I was going to die of boredom when I drove through there when I moved out here.... 400 miles of NOTHING!!!!!!! Zzzz........
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

count ky in.
    Last edited by hondaman; 02-05-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: na

Spyder Garage

We are leaving the morning of the 18th cuz my parents are driving their car down while we ride the Spyder and we are staying at our timeshare down there. Otherwise that would be cool. They are leaving the resort back to Indy on Monday morning the day the rally starts. If you and the wifey need a place to crash for the week we'll have a spare room at our resort in Pigeon Forge once they are gone. But we will only be there Monday, Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday.

I hope next year we can see you guys when you're out this way. Make sure you say "hi" to all the cows in Nebraska when you ride through. I thought I was going to die of boredom when I drove through there when I moved out here.... 400 miles of NOTHING!!!!!!! Zzzz........
    Hey SpyderGirl,
    That sounds like some real possibilities, we'll know more as it get closer. With bjt working at GM and the economy like it is, plans like that are kind of hard to make. I will say one thing, if we head out west in 2010, I am going to avoid Nebraska. I have driven through there and you are right, BORING!! Sorry to anyone from Nebraska. I figure we can head out through the northern route and come back through the southern states or visa versa. LOL
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey SpyderGirl,
    That sounds like some real possibilities, we'll know more as it get closer. With bjt working at GM and the economy like it is, plans like that are kind of hard to make. I will say one thing, if we head out west in 2010, I am going to avoid Nebraska. I have driven through there and you are right, BORING!! Sorry to anyone from Nebraska. I figure we can head out through the northern route and come back through the southern states or visa versa. LOL
    And man you can smell them cows in Nebraska don't mind farms but Nebraska gets a bit over powering

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    I am game. I travel between Hartford, CT and Syracuse, NY often.

You don't, by some chance, work for UTC?

Spyder Garage

Hey SpyderGirl,

Yea, a big circle. The U.P., Minnesota, N. Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Home. That would be a long trip.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    count ky in.
    Hondaman, If SpyderDawg and I get the flag from PA (Doc) then we can hook up with you and get it to KY!

Spyder Garage

Default Central VA in!

I can take it between Central VA and Northern NC (Raleigh)...I take that route every couple of weeks! Also, running to Myrtle Beach for the first weekend of bike week so could pick it up and transfer to/from there! GO2LKG
    GO2LKG in Richmond, VA

• 2014 RT Limited Cognac SE6 Mods: BRP backrest, WrapMySpyder graphics, saddle bag cargo nets
    • TRADED 2011 RT-S Graphite Gray SM5 Mods: Personalized graphics, Zumo 550, ISIC foot boards, Spyder Pop heat mods, Utopia backrest, saddle bag cargo nets
    • TRADED 2008 RS Silver SM5 Mods: Personalized graphics, BRP back rest w/sport luggage rack, Zumo 550, Highway pegs, CalSci windshield, BRP saddle bags, Corbin saddle seat

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you want to make it INTERNATIONAL count me in. Ontario Canada
    I'll be at Americade in June, Quebec in June, Michigan in July, Memphis in August.

Spyder Garage

Make sure you say "hi" to all the cows in Nebraska when you ride through. I thought I was going to die of boredom when I drove through there when I moved out here.... 400 miles of NOTHING!!!!!!! Zzzz........
    I-70 thru Kansas isn't much better. Bring your no doze!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    I-70 thru Kansas isn't much better. Bring your no doze!

Thanks for the warning!!

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Yea, a big circle. The U.P., Minnesota, N. Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Home. That would be a long trip.

That is one heck of a long trip for sure! After this trip I will have crossed the country three times on three different routes.... 80, 70, and 40. I'll have to do I-90 next.

You'll need about 3 - 4 weeks to do that trip right. Sounds exciting!!

Spyder Garage

Count me in...all over Indiana

Spyder Garage

Default banner and ride across country

count massachusetts in.
    I am welling to go across country ride and banner well be welcome in massachusetts then I can bring it to New Hampsher in june 09 for Laconia bike week .call me 508 477 7187 Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Carrying the banner

I'm in the north western corner of SC and would love to be part of this.I live close to Exit #2 on I-85.2 miles from the Ga border.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] SPYDERBOB3

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Count me in. I'll be riding West to East via US 50 June 1 through 21, then up thru PA, NY, MA. Sometime in mid-July I'll be heading back to Sac-town via Rt 66 starting in Bloomington Ill. I can pick it up anywhere in along the route and take it to anywhere else... I've got nothing else to do but ride around all summer!!

Life is great on a Spyder!

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Sounds good to me

I am in Sacramento Ca area now and will be living in Idaho in a few months so I would pick it up with in a 500 mile range of Sacramento or Boise

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is there a route set up for the banner run? Can't seem to find anything on it, would love to join if it's in my area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This was cool idea on a site I use to run. What they did was create a banner with the club logo on it and the idea was to hand off this banner to members in the club all over the U.S. It wound up making it all over the world but it started in America.

This is how it will work for us. I will start the banner here in East Tennessee (SpyderLovers Home Base). I will then take it all the way down to Daytona for Bikeweek. If you want to meet me along the way and ride some I will get a picture of you with the SpyderWeb Banner and you can sign the banner as being part of this web. Each member will do the same thing when they have the banner.

I'll hand it off to someone who is willing to get it heading to the tip of FL (The Keys) and then head north with it.

I would like to cover as many states as I can in a years time and at this same time next year give it to BRP as a token of our dedication as SpyderLovers.

I'll setup a board and a map just for this event so you can see where the SpyderWeb is at any given time and volunteer to carry it on. This is all about the ride and it will be a kick to see how far we can move this banner.

If you think you would like to be a part of this please let me know. If you think it's a waste of time I may just have to do it by myself.
    Yeap count me in as well.. I am also a member on another forum with my other bike,, its call the "All Aero" forum and we do the same thing only with a thermos, not sure why its a thermos however it has been all over the U.S to include oversea's a few times, also-- Every year we have a AAR ( All Aero Rally) and members of the forum Vote where its going to be every year and after the location and date is set members on this form set it all up, hotels, rides, activities, this is a GREAT rally and you make the best of friends and are able to put faces with forum members call signs so to speak,, this is a HUGE event for us every year I will recommend starting another TOPIC under the FORUM link though to keep members informed where the banner is along with pictures, this will be easier to map out the banners location.. Just my two cents worth but I have to tell you, its a lot of fun... The bottom line is I'm ALL IN on this one.. thanks for the invite.. Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnomania View Post
    Is there a route set up for the banner run? Can't seem to find anything on it, would love to join if it's in my area.
    Not really a planned route, it more of a play it by ear. All infor will be posted here. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9554
    There's a link to it on the front page of www.SpyderLovers.com

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wonder if it would help if dealers were the center of each stop? Could gather a group of owners at the dealer and then pass it along towards the next dealer. Just a thought...
    Oh, count me in... NE Texas... close to LA, Ark, OK ...have spyder; will travel!! A few hundred miles in Texas equals a few blocks in New England

don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    Wonder if it would help if dealers were the center of each stop? Could gather a group of owners at the dealer and then pass it along towards the next dealer. Just a thought...
    Oh, count me in... NE Texas... close to LA, Ark, OK ...have spyder; will travel!! A few hundred miles in Texas equals a few blocks in New England

don
    That's not a bad idea.