Spyder Garage

Default Have Had OUr Spyder 5 days now

Between work, church, Christmas shopping, etc. haven't ridden as much as we'd like but have managed to get in 300 miles since picking her up on Friday afternoon.

Loving it and wanting to add highway pegs and maybe some handlebar risers but was hoping to get them installed by the vendor when I buy them. I've done that on several occasions with my Harley at major bike events like Daytona. I've never really paid attention to CanAm vendors at such events in the past so I"m not sure there are any. From what I can see on the forums here Lamonster Garage is a pretty big deal so I was hoping they'd be at Daytona in March, but alas, after contacting them it appears they won't be.

Does anyone know of any other vendors who carry Can Am accessories that might be at Daytona this year?

Short of that does anyone have any leads on independent Spyder mechanics in the Atlanta area?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats,

and welcome.

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RISERS

.... They don't make " risers " for the RT.....But for about $750 or so you can get Tri-axis handle-bars.....Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is hard for a Spyder specific vendor to make any money attending events like Bike Week. You should try to attend Spyderfest in Missouri - you will find the most vendors there. I'm sure you can find someone in your area who can do installs for you, my husband and I do just that in Las Vegas. I'm sure someone from your area will chime in but in the meantime check out the vendors on the home page.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I am surprised that "Redneck Diva" hasn't checked in here. She also lives in Covington Ga and could probably be a wealth of information for you. Is there some reason you would not use your local dealer to install your new goodies?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I am surprised that "Redneck Diva" hasn't checked in here. She also lives in Covington Ga and could probably be a wealth of information for you. Is there some reason you would not use your local dealer to install your new goodies?
    Have not had good experiences with our local dealer on my wife's previous Honda Silverwing. Don't trust them after several botched services and deliberate overcharging.

We talked with Redneck Diva's husband on Saturday but failed to ask if he does his own installs. I'll check back with him.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    It is hard for a Spyder specific vendor to make any money attending events like Bike Week. You should try to attend Spyderfest in Missouri - you will find the most vendors there. I'm sure you can find someone in your area who can do installs for you, my husband and I do just that in Las Vegas. I'm sure someone from your area will chime in but in the meantime check out the vendors on the home page.
    Thanks, I've already booked the hotel room for Spyderfest, but not sure we want to wait that long for the add-ons. Especially the highway pegs, but I'm thinking I can do that install myself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Installing highway pegs...
    Having all of the mechanical aptitude of a Hamster; I can tell you that with some pretty basic tools, and a hatful of ingenuity: you CAN install them in your own garage!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Installing highway pegs...
    Having all of the mechanical aptitude of a Hamster; I can tell you that with some pretty basic tools, and a hatful of ingenuity: you CAN install them in your own garage!
    Yeah, it looks like the hardest part is getting the plastic covers off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+1 about coming to Spyderfest. There are a few vendors that won't be there, but not many!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Congratulations on your new Spyder! Glad to see you here on Spyderlovers.com

We're a Spyder dealer in NC with a BRP certified service dept and we also offer laser alignments. If we can help you with anything please let us know - we're happy to help!

Merry Christmas,
    Brewer Cycles

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP certified

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerCycles View Post

We're a Spyder dealer in NC with a BRP certified service dept and we also offer laser alignments. If we can help you with anything please let us know - we're happy to help!

Merry Christmas,
    Brewer Cycles
    Wish you were here in West Texas. The spyder dealer is in Midland Texas, has the worst service ever. Example, ask the service dept. manager, and their mechanic, and the sales person if the 2014 Spyder had a tool kit. All three people said it didn't, WOW. They do not do alignments of any kind. Will have to drive over 175 miles to get this done, if it ever needs it, but the drive will be ok. Because of med.issues can not bend over to do any kind of work on the spyder. They did install the BajaRon sway bar and the Spyderpop belt guard. It was rubbing on the tire, found out you can bend the plastic back, problem solved. Called Midland Power Sports talked to the service manager. and the mechanic, both said you could not bend the plastic back. The service manager said they have taken at least 3 belt guards off because of the rubbing on the tire. Bring it back and they would take the guard off, charge 1.5 hours to do it. Don't think so. Anyway very poor service and advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerCycles View Post

Merry Christmas,
    Brewer Cycles
    Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I know what you mean, we got our 2015 RTL early last month and we only have about 500 miles on it. an hour here and hour there, but whenever we get a chance we are on it.
    Congrats on your new enjoy and be safe.

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by ramblin5 View Post
    Between work, church, Christmas shopping, etc. haven't ridden as much as we'd like but have managed to get in 300 miles since picking her up on Friday afternoon.

Loving it and wanting to add highway pegs and maybe some handlebar risers but was hoping to get them installed by the vendor when I buy them. I've done that on several occasions with my Harley at major bike events like Daytona. I've never really paid attention to CanAm vendors at such events in the past so I"m not sure there are any. From what I can see on the forums here Lamonster Garage is a pretty big deal so I was hoping they'd be at Daytona in March, but alas, after contacting them it appears they won't be.

Does anyone know of any other vendors who carry Can Am accessories that might be at Daytona this year?

Short of that does anyone have any leads on independent Spyder mechanics in the Atlanta area?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Congratulations from the UK
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightshift357 View Post
    Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Hi Nightshift357!
    We're at 420 Warrenton Rd, Henderson, NC 27537...we sit between Hwy 85 (Exit 215) and US-1 (Warrenton Rd. exit). We're about 45 min north or Raleigh and only 11 miles from VA. If we can help you in anyway, just let us know!!!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider24 View Post
    Wish you were here in West Texas. The spyder dealer is in Midland Texas, has the worst service ever. Example, ask the service dept. manager, and their mechanic, and the sales person if the 2014 Spyder had a tool kit. All three people said it didn't, WOW. They do not do alignments of any kind. Will have to drive over 175 miles to get this done, if it ever needs it, but the drive will be ok. Because of med.issues can not bend over to do any kind of work on the spyder. They did install the BajaRon sway bar and the Spyderpop belt guard. It was rubbing on the tire, found out you can bend the plastic back, problem solved. Called Midland Power Sports talked to the service manager. and the mechanic, both said you could not bend the plastic back. The service manager said they have taken at least 3 belt guards off because of the rubbing on the tire. Bring it back and they would take the guard off, charge 1.5 hours to do it. Don't think so. Anyway very poor service and advice.
    I wish we were close enough to be a real help to you but if you ever have questions we could answer over the phone feel free to give us a call or just message me!!! We're also on Facebook which I check daily.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome new SPYDER RYDER, hope you enjoy. There are ton's of good people on this site willing to assist and help. Keep us posted