Spyder Garage

Default FOBO tire pressure monitoring system

Understanding the system is key to getting it correct the first time. I down loaded the FOBO for bikes to my iPhone. Then I activated the system via email. But then the fun started. When you first start out there is a picture of a two wheel motorcycle and it asks you to confirm. I thought that it was just an icon telling you that this FOBO was for motorcycles, ah no! You must slide that picture till you find a CanAm Spyder icon which they call a reverse trike. But I didn't do that. So when I initialized the system all it would let me do was the rear tire and one front tire, ARGGGGGG! I added the correct icon, CanAM to the mix but to late I had told the system that it was a two wheel system. Changing that was a bit hard, as Lamont said us old guys just don't understand the modern world. So after talking with Lamont and following his lead I was able to eliminate the two wheel configure system. This allowed me to finally get all three wheels initialized. System runs perfectly. So thank you Harvey Clark, Jimmy and Lamont for taking he time to help out this old man with new world toys.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have 5 FOBO sensors

I have 5 Fobo sensors - 3 on the Spyder and 2 on my trailer. I've used the Big Bike Parts TPMS and I like this better, partly because I found it difficult to mount the BBP display in a place where I could see it.

This gives me near constant tire pressure and temperature readings, alarms when needed and it seems to be quite accurate. I already had a RAM X-Grip where I can see my phone.

Having experience a flat tire on a 2-wheeler a few years ago, I consider this a must have.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default RT Spyder FOBO Tpms

Hey Mr. OverHillAndDale,

Maybe you can assist me with a problem I'm having with my FOBO TPMS! I had loaded the my RT-Spyder on it, but was having trouble synching one of the monitors and it asked if I wanted to "skip" it, so I elected to do just that with the intent of coming back to it to try and synch it again. Well, it wouldn't allow me to do that. So, I tried to create another bike to synch all the monitors to and delete the original bike, but the monitor that wouldn't synch to the first bike did infact synch with the second created bike. So when I went and disabled all the monitors on the second bike to put on the first bike it wouldn't allow me to synch one of them saying it belongs to the second bike. How can I delete the second bike all together and pair the monitor with the first bike? I read the instructions on unsynching/disabling the monitor, but I'm getting no where. I currently have two out of the three monitors working on my Spyder.
    2021 F3T-LTD , Light Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Never had that issue, but.....

If you click on the "Settings" icon on each bike, you can release the sensors (you might have to scroll up to make that happen). I'd do that first and see if allows you to re-use them after that. I'd try to release all the sensors, delete the bikes (in that order) and start again. If you don't get a good response after that, you can go to this website and ask a question: http://www.fobobikesales.com/index.p...roller=contact.

Good luck, and please post the final chapter on this after you get it.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Here is my problem, sent them a message...

I recently purchased 2 sets of Fobo for Trike. Install was a breeze. After only two days one of the sensors on my wife's bike (on fobo shared to my phone) shows battery needs replaced, all other 5 show full green. I installed a new battery, which I checked with a digital meter (3.66 volts) prior to installing, and now only shows two bars on battery. Is there a procedure that I need to do or could the sensor be defective in your opinion? Thanks in advance-

Their reply:
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please take note, our app do some averaging over few cycles to show the exact battery level, if the battery indicator is showing two bars, three bars or red bar and the batteries are not old then don't worry the battery level will go back to normal.

Please don't change the batteries keep using the batteries. Let us know if you face any issue because of low battery.

Note: Battery voltage will drop when cold, but it will still work if there is sufficient capacity, and if parked in a garage, it will improve. However you'll notice fluctuation in the battery indicator bars during winter season.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    If you click on the "Settings" icon on each bike, you can release the sensors (you might have to scroll up to make that happen). I'd do that first and see if allows you to re-use them after that. I'd try to release all the sensors, delete the bikes (in that order) and start again. If you don't get a good response after that, you can go to this website and ask a question: http://www.fobobikesales.com/index.p...roller=contact.

Good luck, and please post the final chapter on this after you get it.
    Yep, that's the key. If you run into ANY problems during installation that you cannot get around, the fastest way to correct it is to release all the sensors and then delete the bike profile (in that order), and then start over. It only takes a few minutes and will save you a lot of trouble trying to figure out what went wrong. It is crucial to remember to release the sensors before you delete the bike profile, since identifying information about your sensors are also stored on FOBO's server. (If you fail to do that, the user guide has instructions about how to recover from that problem.)

HERE is a link to the user manual. It's rather hard to find online, for some reason.
    Last edited by robmorg; 03-11-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO SENSORS

I received a set of FOBO sensors from my friend, Leslie. So excited that I can just check out my tires from my phone now!

Spyder Garage

It's awfully nice. The back tire on the RT is such a pain to get at that it's worth it just for that tire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020- RT Limited
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default RT Spyder FOBO Tpms

robmorg,

Thanks tremendously for your assistance! You and OverHillAndDale have been very helpful! I went in and reread the instructions in the FOBO Guide 5.6 Release and Uninstall FOBO Bike. I had to reinstall the once sensor that I previously disabled and placed on the second bike. Once it was reactivated, I released it and then installed it onto the original bike that I skipped because it would not pair. Once it paired I was then able to completely delete the second bike I had created trying to pair all three sensors! Finally all on one bike and good to go!!!!!! I really appreciate this forum!!!!!!!!
    2021 F3T-LTD , Light Blue

Spyder Garage

You'll enjoy how well these things work. I bought a 2nd set for my trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020- RT Limited
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!