Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cnl414 View Post
    I ordered these from Lamonster and they were shipped to me very quickly. Hubby said to get them for my Christmas present. I am so happy with them as I didn't check the air often enough. When I installed them all three tires were low!!

Thanks to Lamonsters garage for getting them to me so quickly.

Very happy customer!
    Charlotte

Merry Christmas to everyone
    Glad you got them. Jacob has been checking orders and a bunch of them delivered today

I brought in 10 sets of the siver too and have 5 sets left if you were waiting for those.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo-...t-of-3-silver/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    It's your phone or the bluetooth settings/operation.
    From FOBO. I'm using Android 6.0

Dear Rando,

Are you using Android 6.0 Marshmallow? If yes, starting from Android 6, the Bluetooth permission has been lumped into the location permission.

Best regards,
    CTGan

Spyder Garage

I got mine today from Lamonster. Easy install except I'm not that crazy about those lock nuts. They were not designed for the cheap rubber valve stems that are on our spyders. I also got a set for my wifes Harley. On hers the valve stem is threaded metal all the way to the wheel. It makes it much easier to back that lock nut as far as you want to add air.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I got mine today from Lamonster. Easy install except I'm not that crazy about those lock nuts. They were not designed for the cheap rubber valve stems that are on our spyders. I also got a set for my wifes Harley. On hers the valve stem is threaded metal all the way to the wheel. It makes it much easier to back that lock nut as far as you want to add air.
    I don't use the lock nuts on mine. I don't lock my $200 helmet, so I'm sure not going to worry about my valve sensors. If someone steals them, they are useless to the thief without me un-pairing them.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    i just went out to the garage to check, and on my Samsung S6 Android phone you do not have to turn on location for it to connect - only Bluetooth.

Lamont, when installing mine I had the same problem you did with the locking nut. My "fix" was to just not use them. It makes adding air MUCH easier when you need to do it. I consider the FOBO to be one of the most useful mods i have done on the Spyder, and I've done a lot of them. It's absolutely great not to have to get down on my arthritic knees to check the tire pressures anymore.
    I was thinking about leaving them off but if they get loose a little they will leak air. The lock nuts are not just a theft deterrent, they will keep them from backing off and loosing all your air.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I was thinking about leaving them off but if they get loose a little they will leak air. The lock nuts are not just a theft deterrent, they will keep them from backing off and loosing all your air.
    Interesting point. I keep mine pretty snug and havent had that problem yet, but I will definately keep an eye on that. Thanks

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

As long as they stay snug, we shouldn't have a problem. My point is that putting them on and taking them off they leak a little air, not much but if they get in that loose zone, it can be a problem.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I have been using the lock nuts since day one with no problems.
    Using the supplied tool is easy to back them off and remove the sensor.
    Only problem is you then have to remove the lock nut to get a air filler on the stem.
    No big deal really.
    It's piece of mind that someone won't walk up an steal the sensors.

So what's the problem some are having with the lock nuts?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    ...So what's the problem some are having with the lock nuts?

Bob
    I don't think there is any real problem with them. Lamont just said he didn't get one of them on far enough when he first installed them and that caused a leak. In my case I simply don't use them out of convenience. I keep them snug and it's much easier to add air without them (especially with arthritis in both knees). I've never used the locking nuts on my motorhome either, and have never had one stolen, so I'm just willing to take that chance.

I AM having one problem with the Android app, however. Now that it's winter and I'm not using the Spyder, the app on my phone still stays active and wants to query the sending units every time I turn my phone on. I'm sure this is eating up some battery unnecessarily, since I don't need the app running now. Bob (or anyone), do you know of any way to keep the app from starting up on it's own without deleting your data or unsubscribing to the service? Force stopping the app doesn't work as it re-starts almost immediately.
    Last edited by robmorg; 12-31-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I don't think there is any real problem with them. Lamont just said he didn't get one of them on far enough when he first installed them and that caused a leak. In my case I simply don't use them out of convenience. I keep them snug and it's much easier to add air without them (especially with arthritis in both knees). I've never used the locking nuts on my motorhome either, and have never had one stolen, so I'm just willing to take that chance.

I AM having one problem with the Android app, however. Now that it's winter and I'm not using the Spyder, the app on my phone still stays active and wants to query the sending units every time I turn my phone on. I'm sure this is eating up some battery unnecessarily, since I don't need the app running now. Bob (or anyone), do you know of any way to keep the app from starting up on it's own without deleting your data or unsubscribing to the service? Force stopping the app doesn't work as it re-starts almost immediately.
    I am on iPhone so I just turn off Bluetooth if I don't need it. You can also disable some APPs in iOS settings.

Now there is another way on both iPhone and Android but..... You may have to be jailbroken (iPhone) or rooted on Android.
    Then you can install APPs that you can use to then tell certain APPs like FOBO not to auto-start.
    You may be able to do it on Android without rooting depending on the service level FOBO starts with and your Android OS.
    Check Google Play Store for APPs that control auto start of other APPs (like some cleaner APPs e.g. Clean Master for instance). They might work without rooting your phone.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Good suggestions. Thanks.

Since I use a hearing aid streamer for phone calls I almost constantly use Bluetooth, so turning it off is not an option for me. (Also in the Android version, turning off Bluetooth just gets you countless notifications from FOBO to turn it back on - but you can also disable notifications from apps.) Perhaps simply disabling the app for the winter season may be the most efficient way of doing it. I'll have to check first to see if that kills your saved data with Android OS. I'll check the Google Store as well, to see what may be out there.

I've often rooted Android phones with older versions of the OS, but the carriers are getting better and better at hiding root exploits, which makes the Android OS progressively harder to root. Besides there really isn't as much need anymore with the newest phones and the latest versions of Android. Do you jailbreak your iPhones?
    Last edited by robmorg; 12-31-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

I never had an issue with not getting one far enough on. I did take one off and put the locknut on after putting air in and I didn't lose any air at all. I think you'll be fine with no locknut if you don't want to run them. The stock valve stems are short on the F3 front wheels and you really can't use the locknut on those unless to go to a standard length stem.

Spyder Garage

Good suggestions. Thanks.

Do you jailbreak your iPhones?
    Always! It's a must do for me.

Also I am a Android nut so you know and run this web site
    www.freaktab.com

I make custom ROMs for tablets and TV boxes that are pre-rooted.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

New problem
    I just installed the FOBO 2 days ago and have not gone anywhere. Battery level shows one full, one 3/4full and one 1/2 full. On my wifes Harley it shows one empty battery. I remember seeng the battery life was long, like several months. WTH??!!
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-01-2016 at 02:46 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Im thinking that as long as the app on my phone is on and within range of the FOBOs on the , they are communicating and running down the batterys. I need to make it a point to check my tires and close the app right away if I am not using it.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-01-2016 at 03:50 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    Can you look into making some custom Lamonster FOBO Spyder cap covers? I noticed you can buy different covers at their store.

You may already have a sticker to put on the cover that has a spider on it.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-02-2016 at 09:28 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

On the battery issue, they are supposed to last 2 years. Ill have to look into what caused them to loose a lot of their charge. Is this why the FOBO came with an extra set of batteries? I like those T valves. I was wondering how hard it is to remove the tires to install them or should I have the dealer do it? Maybe I can order them and just have them installed on my first tire replacement.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-02-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

My batteries lasted 8 months. It's not 2 years as advertised!

Now I have gone to LIR 2032 rechargeable batteries. They are working great!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Bob
    I just watched your video on that, Thanks
    I think Ill order them off the web, I found a 10 pack for 7.99 with free shipping. Ill try that for now than have to get a charger.
    http://24hourbatteries.com/shop/cr-2...battery-10pcs/
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Im thinking that as long as the app on my phone is on and within range of the FOBOs on the , they are communicating and running down the batterys. I need to make it a point to check my tires and close the app right away if I am not using it.
    That won't do any good. The app is self-starting and will come right back on, even if you force close it.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

That won't do any good. The app is self-starting and will come right back on, even if you force close it.
    After further review, That was not the problem, Im thinking now the FOBOs are shipped in batteries that are not intended to last long, kinda like when you buy a printer ant they have just enough ink to set it up and a little more. The kit also includes a second set of batteries. I don't know if FOBO or Lamont included them, they were taped on the outside of the box. In my wifes harley, both batteries went to the red 1 bar status. I changed them both with the fresh ones and well see how long they last. I reset both sets. If you change the recommended pressure, it requires that you start from scratch. I still have the extras that came with my Spyder set. I'm still showing 2-3 bars and a 2bar out of 4. If they last 8 months to a year, Id be happy. The batteries are easy to change. I swapped my rear silver cover with my wifes black front. That worked out well cause I really didn't want a silver one in the back, and the black on her front didn't go well with the chrome wheels.
    I downloaded the owners manual and read it this morning. The lock nuts are not required to keep the FOBOs from backing off. They are strictly for theft deturent. I took mine off but they work well on the harley. I plan on getting the T valves later for the rear and something different for the front. They need all metal ones. Fobo sells some short valves but they may be too short. It is very difficult working the rear tire because the belt/ sprocket is in the way.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Wonder about Usage Time

Bob
    Bob,

Mine are about half way down after 4 months, so they are likely going to last about 8 months also. But I wonder about how long the LIR 2032's will last between charges. Don't rechargeable batteries typically last much less time between charges than non-rechargeable batteries last? Have you used them long enough to have a feel for this yet?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Im thinking the true battery life could very well be 2 years. It could be that all the batteries that the set comes with are from a faulty or old batch. I want to install a fresh good quality set and see how long they last. Just the fact that we are getting inconsistent battery life from just a few days to 8 months which is far less than advertised tells me something is amiss.
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-03-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Bob,

Mine are about half way down after 4 months, so they are likely going to last about 8 months also. But I wonder about how long the LIR 2032's will last between charges. Don't rechargeable batteries typically last much less time between charges than non-rechargeable batteries last? Have you used them long enough to have a feel for this yet?
    I just started using the rechargeable batteries like 2 weeks ago.. So we shall see.

One thing to understand is standard 2032's are 3.2V when new (with a 4K ohm load).
    The rechargeables are 4.2V (3.7 under load) which is why they say to make sure they work in your device. Some devices may not like 4.2V. But they do work on the FOBO sensors so all good there.

Now the fact they are 4.2V and these should not be discharged below 3.2V or they can be damaged, you probably should not wait till they are in the red!
    A standard 2032 battery is considered dead at about 2.6V or lower (device dependent). This is well below the safe discharge value for a LIR 2032 as I said, should not be discharged below 3.2V!

I will be doing more tests with these LIR 2032 batteries with time and will publish my findings. When the scaled drops one bar on the FOBO software I am going to pull the batteries and see how low they went. With a 4K ohm resister as a load if the battery is below 3.2V then we may have an issue knowing when to charge them without drawing them too low. If so, I will try to work with FOBO about possible software changes to support these LIR 2032 batteries as an option so the battery scale will work with them.

I am still holding full bars right now so stay tuned for more info.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 01-03-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Bob,

Thanks for the detailed answer. It all makes sense. I'll be anxious to see your findings.

An off-topic comment... If you find yourself talking to the FOBO folks about software changes for the app, a useful item would be to add a "switch" in settings to disable the auto-start feature of the app. The auto-start feature is handy when you are using the bike on a frequent basis. But IMO there should be a setting to disable it and prevent the app from running, without losing all of your stored data, when the bike is not being used for extended periods of time - especially helpful for those users who live in cooler climates.

I'm going to email them with this same comment.
    Last edited by robmorg; 01-03-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link